Being the only non-parent around parents

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tealeaf said:
I started at a new workplace recently and one thing I noticed is that, except for two men, all my coworkers are women. Another thing I noticed: they're all parents. They talk about their children, their children's problems, keep in touch on social media, etc.

Meanwhile I'm getting on in my 20's, unmarried, single, no children. Trying to rebuild my life after depression. I feel almost like a child myself next to them.

Is it seen as strange to be this way? I wonder sometimes what people think of me.

The only thing that I can advise you is to want children for more logical reasons and not emotional.

All those mothers had their children for emotional reasons, and by now they understood that they dont want their child as much as before and lost their freedoms to do the things they could have and wanted to do in the past when they werent a parent.

"The future belongs to those who prepare for it today"- Malcolm X

Prepare for the future well, take your time with your choice. Evaluate your choice before bringing a baby to this world that you may not want or he might not want life.

NewOrder2016 said:
All those mothers had their children for emotional reasons, and by know they understood that they dont want their child as much as before and lost their freedoms to do the things they could have and wanted to do in the past when they werent a parent.

Um....WHAT?????  First, you don't know why they had their children.  And second, you have no idea how much they want their children, regardless of whether they have freedom or not.  That's seriously messed up. 

Are YOU a parent?

TheRealCallie said:
NewOrder2016 said:
All those mothers had their children for emotional reasons, and by now they understood that they dont want their child as much as before and lost their freedoms to do the things they could have and wanted to do in the past when they werent a parent.

Um....WHAT?????  First, you don't know why they had their children.  And second, you have no idea how much they want their children, regardless of whether they have freedom or not.  That's seriously messed up. 

Are YOU a parent?
Callie, just speaking from experience of the conversations that I had with my mom.

NewOrder2016 said:
TheRealCallie said:
NewOrder2016 said:

Are YOU a parent?
Callie, just speaking from experience of the conversations that I had with my mom.

So ONE person says that and it's true for everyone?  While there are times I would like to have a little more "freedom," that certainly does NOT mean I don't want my kids "as much."  I wouldn't trade my kids for anything in the world, especially not "freedom."

TheRealCallie said:
NewOrder2016 said:
TheRealCallie said:
NewOrder2016 said:

Are YOU a parent?

So ONE person says that and it's true for everyone?  While there are times I would like to have a little more "freedom," that certainly does NOT mean I don't want my kids "as much."  I wouldn't trade my kids for anything in the world, especially not "freedom."

I dont know how many among you evaluate your decision of having a child, in that respect I might have been ignorant. But not in the context the OP was evaluating things. She seemed to feel bad because others were parents. You dont bring children to this world because of some jealousy.
You bring children when you evaluate how would they feel about themselves and life when they are in their teens, young adulthood and beyond.
Does the OP really wants to be a mother because of the age she reached or because her colleagues are parents? or wouldnt it be better for her to bring children because of reasons of meeting the right spouse, having enough wealth to bring a child, having the wisdom to teach him how to be great, looking good so that he will benefit from her and his genes, among other deep and not superficial factors!
Wouldnt you agree?

"When everything goes against you, remember an airplane take off against the wind not with it" - Henry Ford.

TheRealCallie said:
The OP never said she wanted children....just that she didn't have any.

She implied she wanted.

"[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica,]A goal without a plan is just a wish."[/font]

NewOrder2016 said:
Tealeaf said:
I started at a new workplace recently and one thing I noticed is that, except for two men, all my coworkers are women. Another thing I noticed: they're all parents. They talk about their children, their children's problems, keep in touch on social media, etc.

Meanwhile I'm getting on in my 20's, unmarried, single, no children. Trying to rebuild my life after depression. I feel almost like a child myself next to them.

Is it seen as strange to be this way? I wonder sometimes what people think of me.

The only thing that I can advise you is to want children for more logical reasons and not emotional.

Prepare for the future well, take your time with your choice. Evaluate your choice before bringing a baby to this world that you may not want or he might not want life.

It doesn't matter when you have your kids, you still lose some form of freedom having them. Being a parent is about sacrifice. Unless you're rich and pass them off to nannies all the time.

AmytheTemperamental said:
NewOrder2016 said:
Tealeaf said:

It doesn't matter when you have your kids, you still lose some form of freedom having them. Being a parent is about sacrifice. Unless you're rich and pass them off to nannies all the time.

I think you need to solely think about the child when you bring him, not about your time, not about you wanting to hug someone, not about you having a baby because everyone else has one or have it at the same time as everyone else has one.

Besides, I feel sad about most women in the way they bring up their children.
They talk to them like they are some retards from young age. 
They dont talk to them like adults when they are young and then ***** about them behaving immaturely.
They dont teach them how to think. 
They dont even teach them the little wisdom that they obtained during their apathetic life, instead they make them look through rose-colored glasses.
They dont even try to change their upbringing. Average upbringing that produces average people. People who cant strive for honeysuckle when they grow up and end up in forums like this one or on some psychologists coach.

When you grow up men, do you really think we take your advice? who needs your hugs and kisses? it doesnt do honeysuckle for us, when we are young or grown up adults.

Boys should be brought up by men, not mothers. Mothers can educate girls. 

All those babies that are being born 'special'. Every kid is special. Look around and remember people from the past, how many of them can you count that are special?

Think beyond the hugs, kisses and the shitless advice that you can give, think of a person who enters this world as an adult, being told what job he can get, how many hours he should work, how much money he will be bringing home, where he is going to live, will he have a partner that he wants?

My mom hasnt thought about those things. All I remember her doing was bitching about me not giving her attention and talking about how cute I was when I was young. <- Thats about it.

And I remember that it being as not the only my mom who had that honeysuckle aimless attitude towards giving birth to a baby and everything that I mentioned. It is the majority of the moms that I know of.

NewOrder2016 said:
AmytheTemperamental said:
NewOrder2016 said:
Tealeaf said:

I think you need to solely think about the child when you bring him, not about your time, not about you wanting to hug someone, not about you having a baby because everyone else has one or have it at the same time as everyone else has one.

Besides, I feel sad about most women in the way they bring up their children.
They talk to them like they are some retards from young age. 
They dont talk to them like adults when they are young and then ***** about them behaving immaturely.
They dont teach them how to think. 
They dont even teach them the little wisdom that they obtained during their apathetic life, instead they make them look through rose-colored glasses.
They dont even try to change their upbringing. Average upbringing that produces average people. People who cant strive for honeysuckle when they grow up and end up in forums like this one or on some psychologists coach.

When you grow up men, do you really think we take your advice? who needs your hugs and kisses? it doesnt do honeysuckle for us, when we are young or grown up adults.

Boys should be brought up by men, not mothers. Mothers can educate girls. 

All those babies that are being born 'special'. Every kid is special. Look around and remember people from the past, how many of them can you count that are special?

Think beyond the hugs, kisses and the shitless advice that you can give, think of a person who enters this world as an adult, being told what job he can get, how many hours he should work, how much money he will be bringing home, where he is going to live, will he have a partner that he wants?

My mom hasnt thought about those things. All I remember her doing was bitching about me not giving her attention and talking about how cute I was when I was young. <- Thats about it.

And I remember that it being as not the only my mom who had that honeysuckle aimless attitude towards giving birth to a baby and everything that I mentioned. It is the majority of the moms that I know of.

Stop painting the rest of us mothers with the same nasty, misogynistic brush you're painting you're own mother with. All these things you say a father should be teaching sons?? I teach these things to my DAUGHTER. 
I've tried to ignore the nasty way you're speaking about women, but I'm at the end of my tolerance for the crap you've been spewing.

My mother does that too to this day. But she does other things. She tries to manipulate me to do what she wants me to do. I hate that

She doesnt tell me how cute I am when i was younger tho. I was an ugly impossible brat.

Lacrecia said:

My mother does that too to this day. But she does other things. She tries to manipulate me to do what she wants me to do. I hate that

She doesnt tell me how cute I am when i was younger tho. I was an ugly impossible brat.

Even when you were very young? How ugly can you be?

"I think you need a hug."
The troll in your avatar, reminds me the days when kids in my neighborhood called me troll :(

Stop painting the rest of us mothers with the same nasty, misogynistic brush you're painting you're own mother with. All these things you say a father should be teaching sons?? I teach these things to my DAUGHTER. 

I've tried to ignore the nasty way you're speaking about women, but I'm at the end of my tolerance for the crap you've been spewing.

Eve, if all what I said was crap and no truth, I wouldnt have any effect on your tolerance.

"Average people have hopes and wishes, successful people have goals and plans"

38397d51c5fa33d70a75a1cdcb162324.jpg

I had a big nose apparently.
Also that my mother is an evil woman does not mean that all mothers are bad.
You shouldnt generealize, newO

NewOrder2016 said:
Lacrecia said:

Even when you were very young? How ugly can you be?

"I think you need a hug."
The troll in your avatar, reminds me the days when kids in my neighborhood called me troll :(

Eve, if all what I said was crap and no truth, I wouldnt have any effect on your tolerance.

"Average people have hopes and wishes, successful people have goals and plans"
Bullshit. Misogyny isn't taken to kindly here.

TheRealCallie said:
I'm still waiting to see where Tealeaf said she wanted children because she was jealous....

What does teh title suggest?  :club:

NewOrder2016 said:
TheRealCallie said:
I'm still waiting to see where Tealeaf said she wanted children because she was jealous....

What does teh title suggest?  :club:

No, actually, it doesn't.  It just means that it is probably awkward or maybe that she doesn't feel she can connect with any of them because they all have kids.  Never once did she say or imply that she is going to run off to have kids because she is jealous.

Latest posts

Back