Dating multiple people at once.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Restless soul

Reaction score
I have a curious question. I am not in such a predicament. I Don't know if that is a good or bad thing. But this is something I was pondering. Is it possible lets say if you were seeing multiple people at once - This question goes for women or men in dating. Would it be possible to have feelings for all of them at once?

It depends. If the relationships are in the early stages, maybe it might be good to compare (NOT SEXUALLY but EMOTIONALLY). Maybe there are serious reservations or maybe the dating is just a friendship. BUT if there is a serious relationship (there is sex and/or an engagement, etc.) it is absolutely WRONG to deceptively play with the emotions of two persons (feigning exclusive romantic interest). Some people do this AND it's mutually agreed which is fine, that's their choice. I think that's polyandry or polyandrous. For me, personally, I feel that if I did this, it would be incredibly selfish and even pathological.

morgandollar said:
It depends. If the relationships are in the early stages, maybe it might be good to compare (NOT SEXUALLY but EMOTIONALLY). Maybe there are serious reservations or maybe the dating is just a friendship. BUT if there is a serious relationship (there is sex and/or an engagement, etc.) it is absolutely WRONG to deceptively play with the emotions of two persons (feigning exclusive romantic interest). Some people do this AND it's mutually agreed which is fine, that's their choice. I think that's polyandry or polyandrous. For me, personally, I feel that if I did this, it would be incredibly selfish and even pathological.

Thats a very good topic. When  no clear lines have been drawn. Still doesn't answer if its possible to have feelings all at once. Polandry or not. And i am familiar with the word

Polyandry is almost like polygamy but there is no marriage. Just three (or more) people all in love with each other and all living together. But I guess you can be in love with two persons at the same time. I am just worried about any deception or feigning of exclusive romantic love. Most people, especially women, want to be the one and only. And some men (not all) want some excitement and try to meet the challenge of being in love with two people. But if the other two are in the dark, in my eyes, that just isn't right.

I hear that. I guess my question was more specific to feelings and chemistry, liking multiple people on a romantic level. I think you answered that as to being a yes?

Sometimes when a heart is starved of love and it just so happens that two persons are now romantically interested, it's tough. There are no guarantees when it comes to any relationship and sometimes our fears of loneliness and abandonment grip us by the throat. But this is no excuse for scrub dog players. Their actions are deliberate and intentional. They love the excitement and control when it comes to having two or more romances going at the same time, or maybe, to put it more bluntly, they just want multiple sex partners.

morgandollar said:
This is my first internet blog I have ever joined. Sorry, restless soul, if I was dominating the discussion.

No..no..you are off to a great start!! 

😀😁..

Polyamorous relationships are basically that, having real intimate (not just sexual) relationships with more than one person. I've watched a show about that and the people interviewed seemed like they had very healthy intertwined relationships, really, for those who can't be monogamous it might be the best option, since everyone not only knows about the other relationships but have other relationships of their own. No one ends up hurting, not for the usual reasons anyway.

Restless soul said:
morgandollar said:

You enjoying this site so far? How old are you if I may ask?

I'm a 35 years old male (this coming March I will turn 36). I really like website. It doesn't seems so perfect or prefabricated. These are just real people expressing real emotions. And any disrespect is not tolerated. So this site is not filled with trolls.

You can date multiple people at once, and it's not really cheating unless you are in "exclusive" relationships with them. As for feelings, yeah, you can have feelings for more than one person.

morgandollar said:
Restless soul said:
morgandollar said:

I'm a 35 years old male (this coming March I will turn 36). I really like website. It doesn't seems so perfect or prefabricated. These are just real people expressing real emotions. And any disrespect is not tolerated. So this site is not filled with trolls.

We get trolls here.  lol  The horrible trolls are snuffed out quickly, but we also get good natured/don't cross the line trolls that stick around for a while.

TheRealCallie said:
You can date multiple people at once, and it's not really cheating unless you are in "exclusive" relationships with them.  As for feelings, yeah, you can have feelings for more than one person.

Ok, that is a fair answer

morgandollar said:
Restless soul said:
morgandollar said:

I would have guessed female. You know, just based on the avatar

DarkSelene said:
Polyamorous relationships are basically that, having real intimate (not just sexual) relationships with more than one person. I've watched a show about that and the people interviewed seemed like they had very healthy intertwined relationships, really, for those who can't be monogamous it might be the best option, since everyone not only knows about the other relationships but have other relationships of their own. No one ends up hurting, not for the usual reasons anyway.

Some time ago, HBO aired a special "Americans in Bed". It was candid interviews with a variety of couples, (i.e. young, old, gay, lesbian, interracial, etc.). I never forgot this one couple. At first, the man tried to say she was crazy. Then it was revealed that he hookups with anyone he feels like, and she just couldn't take that. So after many times of fighting, breaking up, then getting back together, she grudgingly accepted he does this (they didn't call it cheating). But you can tell that she would have been so much happier if he did not do that. So it was his choice and it was her choice. I guess, that what they call love. I personally would never do that or consent to such a relationship. This is not issue of leaving the toilet seat up or putting it down. This man is having sex (protected or not) with strangers and yet claiming romantic feelings for someone. It's seems like such a contradiction and even hypocritical (not only on his part, that's obvious, but even she is complicit).

TheRealCallie said:
morgandollar said:
Restless soul said:
morgandollar said:

We get trolls here.  lol  The horrible trolls are snuffed out quickly, but we also get good natured/don't cross the line trolls that stick around for a while.

I see none.

AmytheTemperamental said:
TheRealCallie said:
morgandollar said:
Restless soul said:
morgandollar said:

I see none.

P17379380.jpg

jk, don't report me :p

Latest posts

Back