Hi people of the forum! :-)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Augusto

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Augusto, I'm idealist, traveler, activist and historian. I hope to find good friends here, as I'm reading the forum for some time already.

Hi and welcome. Interesting avatar. :)
*thumbs up for activism*

zero said:
Hi and welcome. Interesting avatar. :)
*thumbs up for activism*

Thanks, zero! History is my real passion, so that's why this helmet :cool:

I'm a big fan of history also. I'm reading Ian W. Toll's Pacific Crucible at the moment and I really recommend it if you haven't already read it and are interested in the Pacific War/WW2.

Paraiyar said:
I'm a big fan of history also. I'm reading Ian W. Toll's Pacific Crucible at the moment and I really recommend it if you haven't already read it and are interested in the Pacific War/WW2.

That's great, Paraiyar :) I love this forum already, so many people share same interests as me.

And thanks for your recommendation - in fact I want to research more about War in Pacific, as this was the most impressive naval theater of all times, but for now I couldn't yet find enough motivation to move from crossbows and muskets to carriers and battleships :)

Hi Augusto there's so much to choose from were really spoiled there.

I like the Romano/British era, Victorian, American civil war (Mark Twain is quite descriptive here), WW2 I have an old Yankee lorry in a shed here at home.

Celt said:
Hi Augusto there's so much to choose from were really spoiled there.

I like the Romano/British era, Victorian, American civil war (Mark Twain is quite descriptive here), WW2 I have an old Yankee lorry in a shed here at home.

Great choice! For me researching of Britain during and after Roman rule started with Brytenwalda mod for Mount&Blade Warband - did you see it? It was interesting to explore what was Britain look like 1500 years ago, what was difference between geneats and geburs, and even kingdoms looked so fantasy-style (Ui Neil, Gwynedd, Pengwern and so on). Dark Ages are really an interesting period :)

I'm a bit surprised about your interest in ACW - usually mainly Americans are interested in it. I never read Mark Twain about it, but I have an awesome book - "Battle Cry of Freedom" about the whole history of that war, together with political and social events. It was always impressive for me how advanced was the ACW, especially its second half, after Gettysburg, if compared to European wars of 1850-1900's: barbed wire, trenches, siege artillery, steamers... Looking on battles like Cold Harbor, I think that if the border between USA and CSA was not that long, and if population and thus number of troops was a bit bigger on both sides, they could come to WW1-style trench warfare long before 1915. How'd you think?

hi there, welcome to ALL

I am interested in history as well and i like to discus it.

Lacrecia said:
hi there, welcome to ALL

That's awesome! What period to you like mostly? :)

It seems e have a whole history club here - time to create new subforum for it, lol.

Augusto said:
Lacrecia said:
hi there, welcome to ALL

It seems e have a whole history club here - time to create new subforum for it, lol.

I'm sending you a pm =)

Lacrecia said:
Augusto said:
Lacrecia said:
hi there, welcome to ALL

I'm sending you a pm =)
Thank you! It was a pleasure to read and answer it :)

Latest posts

Back