Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate that I can be so insenstive.
I think this is a perfect topic. And someone the other day complained I post too much. Well I like to post when something is fresh on my mind. So I can really get the message across. 

Anyway there is a friend of mine, well we were the misery loves company type of friends. Anyway a year ago he had a unfortunate accident which rendered him imobile with little feeling in his legs and arms. So to not go into too much detail.  And to make a long story short. Before the accident we didn't speak much. After we didn't speak much, but I did go to visit him a few times. So today he calls me on whatsapp video. Something I never do or use. As a matter of fact  I avoid video conference like the plague due to my own insecuritie like seeing myself.  So this guy calls me using this feature. And it right away triggers my insecurities.  Keep in mind i didnt always get a long with this guy so well

My point is due to my issues. The issues I had with this guy in the past. Isn't interesting how even though he is in a less fortunate situation than me how I can still react to him in such a hostile manner when he called me becuse i didnt like that feature. Don't you find that interesting??
I think that you are overthinking it and we all feel what we feel. Under the cloud of depression and loneliness - it can be hard to think of others. Don't be so hard on yourself for this. You acknowledge your issues and that's a good step..
(12-11-2016, 09:10 AM)MyTherapyisALL Wrote: I think that you are overthinking it and we all feel what we feel. Under the cloud of depression and loneliness - it can be hard to think of others. Don't be so hard on yourself for this. You acknowledge your issues and that's a good step..

Yes, I did distance myself from this person before his aaccident.  I feel i do better alone away from people who rubbed me the wrong way, unfortunately that is a lot of people he was one of them. So what does someone do?
You didn't say anything to him after that?

So the Angel said: 'Thy phantasy has imposed upon me
& thou oughtest to be ashamed.'
I answer'd: 'We impose on one another ,
& it is but lost time to converse with you
whose works are only Analytics.'

Opposition is True Friendship
What issues did you have with him?

I've read courageous stories where people who are severely injured/ had a near-death life experience change after the event. It sometimes takes a harsh awakening for someone to really look at themselves and how they want to live. You say he was "misery loves company" type of person...maybe he is a different person now.

It seems that he did think of you and must have liked you enough to want to see and talk to you. Can you let go of the past or was what he did very unforgiveable? Do you really "know" him for who he is now? Perhaps if you give him another chance you may find a friend in him...?
I am still on friendly terms. I just think the combination of my issues now, and the issues I had with him in past. Can still set me off to a degree like it did now with the video call thing.
People from my past don't seem to sit well with me.
What issues did you have with him in the past

Stand up well with them

Is there a setting to block calls on whatsapp? I don't care for voice chatting on apps like that either.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am a muslim , and i hate this religion Tobakki3 5 443 03-18-2019, 01:29 AM
Last Post: LittleCrow
  Anyone else hate family gatherings? Ridin Solo 38 54,216 02-04-2019, 10:42 AM
Last Post: IncolaVacui
Sad Bullied, can't make friends, men hate me, and I just don't know what to do now...:( Luna 41 17,178 02-02-2018, 02:14 PM
Last Post: ardour
  I hate my life Chris516 1 1,780 06-07-2015, 02:59 AM
Last Post: Serenia
  I hate San Diego privatelife 14 11,190 10-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Zante
  I hate... jjessea 14 3,902 08-23-2014, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Pike Creek
  I started to hurt myself again and I hate it African_weasel 3 2,275 07-21-2013, 01:40 AM
Last Post: African_weasel
  interested in someone and I hate it ! duff 82 13,508 07-19-2013, 06:17 AM
Last Post: duff
  I Hate Feeling So Lonely *Sammy* 31 12,355 06-03-2013, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Hearmenow2012
  why does life hate me theloner 10 7,844 07-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Last Post: ladyforsaken