I hate that I can be so insenstive.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zero said:
This has given me an idea. How about keeping a mood journal? And a list of rewards you can choose from for every positive mood change/ improvement. You don`t sound insensitive to me, but that again you know best, since it is directly linked to your expectations of yourself and others. It is a pity that you torment yourself like this, really.

You are right, in not so much insensitive. It's more or negative thinking and self-esteem issues which sorta overrides what would otherwise be a normal calm type of response.

AmytheTemperamental said:
Is there a setting to block calls on whatsapp? I don't care for voice chatting on apps like that either.

No one ever called me with that feature on whatsapp before. (Video call ) its actually very intrusive on whatsapp. Where when you get a call it will right away turn on your front facing camera for like video. So even before you answer the call you will see yourself on your phone. So if you are not familair with it, it can be quite alarming. Then add into the equation someone who doesn't like seeing himself on cam, especially when I didn't initiate the video feature. You can imagine how that might set me off

And that is why I am here. Not just for being lonley. Figuring out what keeps me,or us that way

Not everything is in your control. I mean the figuring out part. Might be more productive and beneficial for you to try and sort these things out with a therapist or some kind of specialized guidance. If not face-to-face, then online therapy (1-2 sites come to my mind).

zero said:
Not everything is in your control. I mean the figuring out part. Might be more productive and beneficial for you to try and sort these things out with a therapist or some kind of specialized guidance. If not face-to-face, then online therapy (1-2 sites come to my mind).

Lol. Online therapy. The new thing? Would that require video calls?? If so, i am out

No, just like most of the net stuff, you decide what and how much you reveal about yourself (PM me if you want to hear my suggestions).

I think you did nothing wrong whatsoever, telephone calls are a rude thing in general, ever noticed how when you are in a conversation the phone always takes precedence?? it realy is just silly!!, if 2 people are talking and I would just push myself in between them and start talking to one of them I would get punched in the face allot! How is a phonecall any different!

And videocalls are the worst, if you have a conference call thats sceduled ok, you know it's coming, but I could be in a bad place feeling like crap sitting in my underwear and covered in crumbs from inhaling a box of cookies!! and then someone just shows up and goes he I want to talk AND see you right NOW!!?! comeone...rude!!

So you were hostile, hell you had every right to be hostile, you could have cursed and sweared at him and still be justifiable doing so!!

Restless soul said:
Yukongirl said:
This forum is my online therapy....

It definitely can be a form of. I do agree with that.
And it's 100% free.😀

Free is always a plus ;)

But really, there is a wealth of information here. Reading other people's stories and relating their thoughts and experiences to your own can be therapeutic in a sense...

Latest posts

Back