Anyone here have ocd familiar with it?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Restless soul

Reaction score
So I feel I suffer some form of ocd. Self-diagnosed. 

Example today: in starbucks. Kid asks to borrow my charger. 
Later on he coughs up his coffee a bit. He cleans it. So now I am panicking because he will touch my charger after that. 
Then he asks to use my phone. Oh boy number 2
So after that i basicly go to restroom.  Wash my hands. The charger my phone. Wipe it down with water not literally wash it.. normal or not nornal? How would others react to someone else in that situation??

TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:
Sounds like you're a germaphobe.

Germaphone and ocd similar syptoms.

Would you freak out in that situation?

Freak out....no.  But I would likely wash everything.  I always have hand sanitizer with me and lysol wipes at home.
Would you have to wash your clothes or go home and shower??

OCD is not the same as being a germaphobe. It is actually very horrifying and takes over someone's entire life.

If you suspect you are, go to a doctor and ask, but I really don't believe that is OCD.

OCD isn't just for germs and such. It can include a multitude of things. I'm not officially diagnosed, but I know I have OCD. I've had signs since I was little. I don't like dirty, germ-covered things, but if it was just that - I only read your initial post - then that's not necessarily OCD. Not saying that it is or it isn't. Just that it doesn't mean it necessarily is.

DarkSelene said:
OCD is not the same as being a germaphobe. It is actually very horrifying and takes over someone's entire life.

If you suspect you are, go to a doctor and ask, but I really don't believe that is OCD.

Well I am trying not to believe it is. And trying to fight the impulses on my own

VanillaCreme said:
OCD isn't just for germs and such. It can include a multitude of things. I'm not officially diagnosed, but I know I have OCD. I've had signs since I was little. I don't like dirty, germ-covered things, but if it was just that - I only read your initial post - then that's not necessarily OCD. Not saying that it is or it isn't. Just that it doesn't mean it necessarily is.

Ok so can you relate to the scenerio above? Would you feel the need to shower and wash clothes?

I have other things I do that would lead you to believe I am ocd.
What about the feeling to wash clothes and showe after this happend. So far I didn't I am controlling the urge. But those thoughts are very ocd

No, I don't wash my clothes or go home and shower. I just clean the items and wash my hands. But yeah, I don't think this has anything to do with OCD. A lot of people are paranoid of germs. Some people won't even allow other people to touch them. But instead of diagnosing yourself, I think it would be more beneficial to talk to someone in a professional setting about it.

Fine. But i have other things I didn't mention that fall under the
Ocd umbrella. I am just here for support. And for people to say I sound nuts

TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:
AmytheTemperamental said:
I have kids. It's just another way for me to build immunities.

That works. But around a stranger it doesn't make you nervous?

Because the germs of a stranger are different than the stranger germs your kids pick up and give to you?

In the ocd mind, Yes!

Latest posts

Back