Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's mostly about luck
I have come to the conclusion that everything in life is mostly about luck. Lucky people are more attractive, more liked. Unlucky people are unattractive and less liked.

You had a good start. A bit of luck. You get more luck. A bad start. It goes in the opposite direction. It builds up like interest. You get positive and negative feedback loops. The vicious circle. The most painful thing is you're already unhappy and unlucky, yet people treat you like crap and they don't want to know you. So you're punished twice over. 

It happens with friends, money, jobs, girlfriends, respect, everything. One problem affects something else and has an effect on everything else. I wish people could see how this happens. It's not about hard work/laziness or character or genetics or anything else like that. It's mostly luck people live on. I wish I could get out of this.
Or maybe it's just the attitude you have going into things....
(12-14-2016, 03:43 AM)trouble79 Wrote: I have come to the conclusion that everything in life is mostly about luck. Lucky people are more attractive, more liked. Unlucky people are unattractive and less liked.

You had a good start. A bit of luck. You get more luck. A bad start. It goes in the opposite direction. It builds up like interest. You get positive and negative feedback loops. The vicious circle. The most painful thing is you're already unhappy and unlucky, yet people treat you like crap and they don't want to know you. So you're punished twice over. 

It happens with friends, money, jobs, girlfriends, respect, everything. One problem affects something else and has an effect on everything else. I wish people could see how this happens. It's not about hard work/laziness or character or genetics or anything else like that. It's mostly luck people live on. I wish I could get out of this.

Some people would probably say I have quite a bit of luck. Others might beg to differ. Perhaps it is about counting your lucky stars, but a great majority of it is how someone thinks about their situation. There's more than one way to go about things, and even if there is seemingly no where to go or nothing to do, there is always a way around. Always. I think that attitude has gotten me through many things. I refuse to sit there and just accept things sometimes. So I do something about it. And most of the time, it works in my favor because I didn't just sit around doing nothing.

Oftentimes, we need to get up or get out and do something. Some people don't want to do that. They want solutions to come to them. Life typically doesn't work that way. You can't just rely on a little bit of luck to gain what you want in life. If that's actually how it worked, half the world would just sit at home and magically have everything they wanted without having to lift a finger.
(12-14-2016, 03:55 AM)TheRealCallie Wrote: Or maybe it's just the attitude you have going into things....

I wish I had a better attitude. I've been going round and round in circles for years, it's broken me. I'm fed up with not getting anywhere and people looking down on me and being alone and unhappy deep down. Depression sucks the life out of everything.
(12-14-2016, 04:03 AM)trouble79 Wrote:
(12-14-2016, 03:55 AM)TheRealCallie Wrote: Or maybe it's just the attitude you have going into things....

I wish I had a better attitude. I've been going round and round in circles for years, it's broken me. I'm fed up with not getting anywhere and people looking down on me and being alone and unhappy deep down. Depression sucks the life out of everything.

I have found that it's not really luck that gets most people ahead, but confidence and working hard.
(12-14-2016, 04:05 AM)TheRealCallie Wrote:

I have found that it's not really luck that gets most people ahead, but confidence and working hard.

Everybody hates you if you're depressed. You don't feel like doing anything because you feel like it's pointless and you're worthless. It's a massive black hole that sucks everything in.
(12-14-2016, 04:10 AM)trouble79 Wrote:

Everybody hates you if you're depressed. You don't feel like doing anything because you feel like it's pointless and you're worthless. It's a massive black hole that sucks everything in.

Hate is a strong word.  But really, it's up to you if you let that black hole suck you in.  Go out and do something anyway.  You likely won't get away from it if you just sit around doing nothing, right?
(12-14-2016, 04:15 AM)TheRealCallie Wrote:
(12-14-2016, 04:10 AM)trouble79 Wrote:

Hate is a strong word.  But really, it's up to you if you let that black hole suck you in.  Go out and do something anyway.  You likely won't get away from it if you just sit around doing nothing, right?

My state of mind is not good right now but you're right. There are 2 choices, something or nothing. You need someone to tell you to make it more real. I needed to unload my thoughts. I'm not a bad person but I carry these thoughts around with me all the time. They go round and round inside my head and make everything unbearable.
Hate is the appropiate word, it's about luck, people don't care about attitute unless is already backed up by other things, being negative is not the same as doing nothing, working hard not always pays off.
Loneliness of spirit is discovered in our depths.
Sometimes, when we least expect it, loneliness freezes us.
Or perhaps it feels like the bottom dropping out of our being.
We feel incomplete, as if something important is missing.
We feel shaky and insecure inside, weak and 'clingy'.
Sometimes this gnawing deficiency makes us want to 'devour' others
—to get as much of them as possible,
to complete our egos by possessing them.
Or we might seek to be supported and protected by others.
(12-14-2016, 04:47 AM)Xpendable Wrote: Hate is the appropiate word, it's about luck, people don't care about attitute unless is already backed up by other things, being negative is not the same as doing nothing, working hard not always pays off.

Hate is never an appropriate word, IMO.  And it's not all about luck or looks or any of that shit.  It's about how hard you work to get what you want.   It's about what you are prepared to do to get what you want. It's about continuing to try, even if you don't get it right away.  Someone with the right attitude and confidence is going to get a hell of a lot further than someone who has a defeatist attitude and is depressed all the time.