Question about drug use

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EveWasFramed

Reaction score
On the back porch, hidden beneath the grill, I found cigar wrappers, a lighter and a ziplock bag with what looks to be part of the tobacco from the cigars. 
I hate to jump to conclusions, so can anyone tell me what you make of what I found? 
Thanks!

Without more evidence, you can't know if they took it out of a cigar and replaced it. They could have gotten the loose tobacco from someone with the intention of just making a cigar.

TheRealCallie said:
Without more evidence, you can't know if they took it out of a cigar and replaced it.  They could have gotten the loose tobacco from someone with the intention of just making a cigar.

Well, it's not precisely loose tobacco. I know what that looks like. It's still clumped together in a roll shape. I'm 99% sure it came out of the cigars. The empty wrappers were right beside it. 
I'm hoping to find a reason they'd pull it out of the cigar other than the reason I'm thinking.

EveWasFramed said:
TheRealCallie said:
Without more evidence, you can't know if they took it out of a cigar and replaced it.  They could have gotten the loose tobacco from someone with the intention of just making a cigar.

Well, it's not precisely loose tobacco. I know what that looks like. It's still clumped together in a roll shape. I'm 99% sure it came out of the cigars. The empty wrappers were right beside it. 
I'm hoping to find a reason they'd pull it out of the cigar other than the reason I'm thinking.

I'm not sure there is a reason unrelated to drugs.  They likely made a blunt.

TheRealCallie said:
EveWasFramed said:
TheRealCallie said:

I'm not sure there is a reason unrelated to drugs.  They likely made a blunt.

honeysuckle. What a situation to find myself in. *covers eyes*

Yea, they probably opened the cigar, dumped the guts (tobacco) out, and replaced it with marijuana to roll a blunt; that's what it sounds like anyway.

TheRealCallie said:
Which do you think it is...minor kid, adult kid or husband?

Certainly not my hubby lol. He despises any form of things that can be smoked. 
The 18 year old might be inbloved but I'd say 99% it's the 15 year old because I found more cigar wrappers in his room with some lighters.

The parts of the puzzle all point to the 15 yr. old and he's the only one who can put it together.

You think maybe it's a good time for a family conference?

Yeah, sounds like the 15 year old to me. If you want to catch him, maybe go buy a cheap security camera and set it up where you found everything. Then the dad and mom couldn't try to get out of what happened.

On the bright side, you didn't find any white powder so at least it's blunts and not CoCo Puffs.
I'm surprised he was crafty enough to do what he was doing to keep the smell out - maybe I would go so far as to say he is being respectable enough to keep the drugs out of your home? - but silly enough to hide it in something you as parents would use.
I would have a hard time throwing the book at him because , coming from the Speed scene, pot is so minor but I'm not a father (God forbid that ever happens) and the only person I had to care for isn't much so... All I can say is allowing (encouraging) it didn't turn me out so well, even if the drug/age is different.
I tried to envision different scenarios in my head on how I would act if I got confronted (I'm weird, I know) but it didn't work without the whole family thing. I hope it all goes well.

lilE said:
Yea, they probably opened the cigar, dumped the guts (tobacco) out, and replaced it with marijuana to roll a blunt; that's what it sounds like anyway.

This and who smells like skunk ?

BadGuy said:
lilE said:

This is easy to fix with a change of clothes/shower. And if you smoke it through an empty paper towel roll filled with dryer sheets, it's virtually impossible to smell unless you're sitting beside them. And the strain, of course. 
It's roaches that are the worst for smell - hence my theory of drugs not being IN the house.

JHK said:
BadGuy said:
lilE said:

This is easy to fix with a change of clothes/shower. And if you smoke it through an empty paper towel roll filled with dryer sheets, it's virtually impossible to smell unless you're sitting beside them. And the strain, of course. 
It's roaches that are the worst for smell - hence my theory of drugs not being IN the house.

if her and her husband dont smoke they likely will smell it 
I can smell from other cars on the highway 
I can smell it when I am riding my motorcycle 
I can smell when I am walking the dog down the sidewalk and nobody else is around

I was hoping it was his 20 year old friend who hangs out on the back porch with him.
When I confronted him, I simply showed him all the things I'd found and asked for an explanation.
He immediately said that he knew it looked bad for him, and the only thing he'd ever done was try the cigars. He said his friend was the one smoking the pot and he allowed him to do it in the back yard because his mom would kick him out if she found out he was smoking pot. He said he didn't put the cigar wrappers in the trash because he knew I'd find them. He said the guy has had some issues lately (this part rang true because I know that he had to leave college and come home recently because his parents split up) and he was using pot to cope with his problems.
I told him that THC stayed in the system a bit and that I could go get a test from Target at any time. I didn't accuse him of anything, but he knows me well enough to know I wouldn't hesitate if felt I needed to test him. He swears he is covering for the other guy and begged me not to tell the guy's mom because they're best friends and he didn't want the mom to make him leave. He said he would no longer cover for him and he'd have an open door policy for his room (I generally stay out to respect his privacy). He said I was free to go in and search ANY time and he would tell his friend that his parents knew what was going on and that our home was off limits for any illegal activities.
I also reminded him that, should his mother find out what he'd been up to, that she would remove him from our home (not out of any sense of motherhood, but of greed for child support).
I told him that IF he kept his end of the bargain, I saw no need to tell his mother, that we would handle the issue. I told him if I found ANYTHING that lead me to believe he was doing anything he shouldn't be, that I would immediately drug test him and inform his mother, as well as telling his friend's mother what had gone on.
He thanked me and said he appreciated me not telling his mom and not getting his friend in trouble. He also thanked me for not yelling, etc. and allowing him to set things straight.
Did he try pot or is he smoking it? Short of drug testing him, I don't know. What I do know, is that if he wants to do it, I can't really stop him. All I can do is make sure he isn't doing it HERE. He obviously knows that I will be checking his room periodically and there is the fear of the consequences, should he be caught with anything. I saw no reason the draw the whole thing out or give him a hard time.
Either he will do as he promised or he won't - and suffer the consequences.
I suppose it went pretty well, considering. :D

Latest posts

Back