TV series: what to watch next?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

takamina

Reaction score
I've already watched:

breaking bad, game of thrones, the wire, prison break, better call saul, the walking dead, fringe, lost, person of interest, alias, true detective (1st season), fargo, stranger things, dr house, westworld, chance.

Any suggestion is welcome :)

Since you like science fiction/fantasy and drama shows, I can recommend:

Wentworth
Orange is the New Black
The Sopranos
Six Feet Under
The X-Files
American Horror Story
True Blood (Seasons 1-3, at least. The other four are wildly uneven)
Hannibal

reynard_muldrake said:
Since you like science fiction/fantasy and drama shows, I can recommend:

Wentworth
Orange is the New Black
The Sopranos
Six Feet Under
The X-Files
American Horror Story
True Blood (Seasons 1-3, at least. The other four are wildly uneven)
Hannibal

Thank you! I will check those!

Twin Peaks
Carnivàle
The Americans
Battlestar Galactica (2004)
Farscape
Oz
American Gothic (this series is usually aired out of order but you can easily look up the correct viewing order online :))

i might add:
Legend of the Seeker
Crossing Jordan
In Treatment
White Collar
Arrow

I would add "the leftovers" but if you think season 1 is lame, it was, you only need to watch it so you know what was happening in season 2 which BTW, blew me away.

The Expanse from SyFy channel, it's realy worth it.
The Sopranos, it's older but still one of the best drama's ever made.
Been watching Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency since last sunday, liked it allot but it's very different and weird.

Currently watching these ones:

MV5BMTgxMDM0NDAxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDA5NDQwMDI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
MV5BN2VjYmU2NjYtMzgyZi00YmYwLWJhNWUtNTk4ZmRmNWNmZTljL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDkzNTM2ODg@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

I would definitely recommend Will and Grace Scrubs and Buffy, also the Golden Girls, Crazy Ex Girlfriend, Avatar the Last Airbender and the Legend of Korra.

You should watch 6 Feet Under (best series finale EVERRRR) and Bates Motel...

I recently bought Twin Peaks, a definitive collection thing.
I'd never seen it before, is anyone a fan and has ever seen it?
I heard a lot of things over the years and yes, it's kind of twisted, but right now I just finished episode 7 and to be perfectly honest...it's a bit dull lol. And weird. Does it get kind of, I don't know, different?

Richard_39 said:
I recently bought Twin Peaks, a definitive collection thing.
I'd never seen it before, is anyone a fan and has ever seen it?
I heard a lot of things over the years and yes, it's kind of twisted, but right now I just finished episode 7 and to be perfectly honest...it's a bit dull lol. And weird. Does it get kind of, I don't know, different?

Different how? There's more of a horror element to Season 2, if that's what you mean? Personally I couldn't get through  Twin Peaks on my first try, but I gave the show a second chance last year and ended up becoming a fan. Or maybe Twin Peaks just isn't your thing. There are quite a few "acclaimed" shows that haven't grabbed me.

reynard_muldrake said:
Different how? There's more of a horror element to Season 2, if that's what you mean? Personally I couldn't get through  Twin Peaks on my first try, but I gave the show a second chance last year and ended up becoming a fan. Or maybe Twin Peaks just isn't your thing.

LOL No, I don't think that's it. It's not a bad series, I don't know how to explain it properly, maybe.
I started watching it because I played a game called Deadly Premonition, which is apparently a love letter to Twin Peaks. Great game.
Now, watching Twin Peaks, I can easily see how. The setting and the agent are terrfic, but the story is a bit...not boring, but it drags on kind of.
I'll though I'll admit, I might be premature, because last episode I saw, the dude gets shots. Ended as a bit of a cliffhanger, so maybe that's coming. And if there is a horror element, it'll definetely be more towards what I expected it was (horror element to the game too).
Maybe it's like you. It's kind of slow going at first and full of just strange stuff lol. Almost quit, but I'll keep on pushing.
The Midget stuff really lost me.

Richard_39 said:
reynard_muldrake said:
Different how? There's more of a horror element to Season 2, if that's what you mean? Personally I couldn't get through  Twin Peaks on my first try, but I gave the show a second chance last year and ended up becoming a fan. Or maybe Twin Peaks just isn't your thing.

LOL No, I don't think that's it. It's not a bad series, I don't know how to explain it properly, maybe.
I started watching it because I played a game called Deadly Premonition, which is apparently a love letter to Twin Peaks. Great game.
Now, watching Twin Peaks, I can easily see how. The setting and the agent are terrfic, but the story is a bit...not boring, but it drags on kind of.
I'll though I'll admit, I might be premature, because last episode I saw, the dude gets shots. Ended as a bit of a cliffhanger, so maybe that's coming. And if there is a horror element, it'll definetely be more towards what I expected it was (horror element to the game too).
Maybe it's like you. It's kind of slow going at first and full of just strange stuff lol. Almost quit, but I'll keep on pushing.
The Midget stuff really lost me.

I recall quitting because the first season wasn't scary. Haha. Season 2 had more of what I wanted the show to be. The prequel movie and revival series really double down on the horror/surrealism overtones. Anyway, there is one problem I still have with the show. Way too many characters and not all of them are on the level of Agent Cooper. I never cared about Josie Packard and the Martells, for instance.

Latest posts

Back