Poll: Have you ever thought of yourself as being cool?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you ever thought of yourself as being cool?

• Yes

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters

Azariah

Reaction score
Or do you think you are cool?

I never thought I was cool, even until now. I'm interested in cool stuff. But I'm not good at doing any of those things. I get along with people and some people even told me I'm cool because of that. But in my mind to be cool means you have to have lots of friends, be talented, etc.

I don't think I'm a loser on the other hand. I'm just a regular guy. But most times I feel like an underdog.

Honestly, I think "coolness" is another term for popular or whatever. I don't care if I'm popular or cool. I'm just interested in being true to myself and good to my friends. I don't know if others would consider me cool or not and I don't really care. So, I guess I would say I'm neither.

TheRealCallie said:
Honestly, I think "coolness" is another term for popular or whatever.  I don't care if I'm popular or cool.  I'm just interested in being true to myself and good to my friends.   I don't know if others would consider me cool or not and I don't really care.  So, I guess I would say I'm neither.

I voted no because I don't think I'm cool, but I do agree with pretty much everything you said there. I'm not trying to be popular or cool, I just want to be me. If people can't accept me for who I am then I really don't care. I also don't care if people view me as cool or not, that's just not something that matters at all. All that matters is if a person likes me for who I am, and can deal with all of my problems.

When I still had my youth I went through a couple of phases when I consciously tried to fit into the current image of coolness. There was a reward insofar as all of my peer group were doing the same thing so we derived a sense of fellowship and that may have been the point: forging a group identity, like a tribe or a club. So I'm agreeing with Callie, popularity was the motivation.

Eventually it become tiresome keeping up a phony appearance. And I never did think I made it to cool anyway. Probably because if asked, I'd have been unable to even clearly define what cool was.

TheRealCallie said:
Honestly, I think "coolness" is another term for popular or whatever.  I don't care if I'm popular or cool.  I'm just interested in being true to myself and good to my friends.   I don't know if others would consider me cool or not and I don't really care.  So, I guess I would say I'm neither.

I think you are one cool chick :p

But this is what it is to be cool to me too; to be true to yourself & comfortable with yourself, & treating other people properly is very cool :cool:

Doesn't matter whether you see yourself more as a rock star or a boffin, or whatever, cool is cool.

I wouldn't want to be looked at as "cool". That requires an obligation to keep being cool.

+1 no way I would want to be cool. I would then have to go on Facebook and crow about it!

Well of course I am cool!

I always put on my sunglasses dramatically after making a horrible pun with "The Who" playing in the background. There are no other requirements, check mate :D Skyless One...World Zero :p

"Cool" is when we're (my friends and I) are having fun conversations, laughing to each others' humor, doing enjoyable activities together, and generally being friendly and nice to each others. Cool as a word doesn't mean anything and what matters is the ongoing action in my book. Think of a case while someone is being called "cool", no one has much to do with the person. Is it really being "cool"?

Considering awesome people that I have met online and can message/ talk to, yes, I'm cool.

I am only 'cool' in the literal sense as I can't afford to put the central heating on:-(

Tiina63 said:
I am only 'cool' in the literal sense as I can't afford to put the central heating on:-(

Thats a raw deal :/ You bundle up this Christmas Tiina. I hope next year will be better for you.

Idol Minos said:
Or do you think you are cool?

I never thought I was cool, even until now. I'm interested in cool stuff. But I'm not good at doing any of those things. I get along with people and some people even told me I'm cool because of that. But in my mind to be cool means you have to have lots of friends, be talented, etc.

I don't think I'm a loser on the other hand. I'm just a regular guy. But most times I feel like an underdog.

I voted "no", though the answer depends on your definition of cool.  The way I see it, there's cool, and "cool".  I don't consider myself "cool".  To me, that means popular, social, and more often than not in my experience, cocky, stuck-up, and rebellious, either a bully or someone who tries to act tough.

But I think I'm pretty cool, without the quotes.  I like the things I like, and I like myself in a sense.  I feel like I'm an underdog because I'm not part of the social elite, but at the same time, I don't feel like I'm really below them either, that their way is better than mine.  

AmytheTemperamental said:
I wouldn't want to be looked at as "cool". That requires an obligation to keep being cool.

That's one reason why being "cool" never really appealed to me.  I also felt that it required an obligation to keep being "cool", to make my life all about competing and chasing status, and that if I wanted to do something else, or if I said or did something that was "uncool", I'd find myself on my own.  It seemed pointless because it never ends and I felt that the "cool" people would have been fairweather friends.

Hopetracer said:
"Cool" is when we're (my friends and I) are having fun conversations, laughing to each others' humor, doing enjoyable activities together, and generally being friendly and nice to each others. Cool as a word doesn't mean anything and what matters is the ongoing action in my book. Think of a case while someone is being called "cool", no one has much to do with the person. Is it really being "cool"?

Considering awesome people that I have met online and can message/ talk to, yes, I'm cool.
This is a definition of cool that I can like and want to be.  I consider myself and my friends cool in this same sense.

I think I'm cool. My son says I'm lame but cool but also a snake but the best mom. That's all that matters to me.

No.
I'm a musician.
All musicians are nerds.
We have to be.
Because music is nothing more than the sequential order of a select series of vibrational frequencies...
Or simply put:
Music is just a form of math.
🥴

Now despite how that sounds, I actually don't lack confidence, either.

I'm simply confident that I'm enough of a methodical lunatic to make things eventually work the way that I want them to. 😌

974901_926w_640h.jpeg

I've never thought of myself as being cool and I don't particularly care whether or not others see me in that way either. Popularity isn't a drug I crave.

Exactly! Real friends suck. Imaginary ones make you feel better, you can ignore them, and they will always be there when you need them.
100% agree. At least you can modify those fictitious friends so they won't annoy you in the same way again 🤣 🤣

Latest posts

Back