Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online dating...found someone I knew
(12-26-2016, 05:05 AM)kuro Wrote: Basically I said that I really liked him for a long time and he asked if I was ok. I said I get by and basically said the feeling of loneliness is what's troubling me. I never tell people about my loneliness unless it's this forum, don't know what came over me. He's like aww hugs kisses and replies with thank you and he then said ok. That was it I didn't carry on the convoversation. I just didn't know what to say.

I've wanted to message him, but I'm reluctant now. Just don't want him to feel sorry for me like he has done.

I don't wanna sound unsupportive or rude, but, I gotta say it. You're really overthinking it. This whole situation.

Look, you're already talking, you've exchanged numbers. Great. That's further than it gets with 99.9% of people. But you're already so worried about whether he "really really likes you" and how he would feel about your loneliness and shyness issues. But think rationally for a moment. Everything's fine. You don't even need to be thinking of such things yet. And I mean, maybe he does or doesn't "love" or "really like" you right now, who knows, you can't judge that. But it DOESN'T MATTER at this stage. You play your cards right, that's where it might lead. You just had a few conversations, he seems pretty nice to you, and since you met on a dating app, it's likely he is looking for a relationship with you, or at least to try for one. 

What you should be "worrying" about is talking more, developing a rapport, maybe going on a nice date. So... work towards that and forget about all the rest for now. Everything's okay. Nothing's lost yet, you've got a whole lot of opportunities ahead of ya.
(12-28-2016, 07:55 AM)MentatsGhoul Wrote:
(12-26-2016, 05:05 AM)kuro Wrote: Basically I said that I really liked him for a long time and he asked if I was ok. I said I get by and basically said the feeling of loneliness is what's troubling me. I never tell people about my loneliness unless it's this forum, don't know what came over me. He's like aww hugs kisses and replies with thank you and he then said ok. That was it I didn't carry on the convoversation. I just didn't know what to say.

I've wanted to message him, but I'm reluctant now. Just don't want him to feel sorry for me like he has done.

I don't wanna sound unsupportive or rude, but, I gotta say it. You're really overthinking it. This whole situation.

Look, you're already talking, you've exchanged numbers. Great. That's further than it gets with 99.9% of people. But you're already so worried about whether he "really really likes you" and how he would feel about your loneliness and shyness issues. But think rationally for a moment. Everything's fine. You don't even need to be thinking of such things yet. And I mean, maybe he does or doesn't "love" or "really like" you right now, who knows, you can't judge that. But it DOESN'T MATTER at this stage. You play your cards right, that's where it might lead. You just had a few conversations, he seems pretty nice to you, and since you met on a dating app, it's likely he is looking for a relationship with you, or at least to try for one. 

What you should be "worrying" about is talking more, developing a rapport, maybe going on a nice date. So... work towards that and forget about all the rest for now. Everything's okay. Nothing's lost yet, you've got a whole lot of opportunities ahead of ya.

Well, I asked him how his search was going on the app we saw each other on. He said he was only on there to chat. He's too busy with work. Don't know if he was telling the truth I don't know. I've just left it. I sure there's another.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There has never been a better time for online dating bender22 60 4,981 05-31-2020, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Cucuboth
  She found someone new.. mugiwara.no.jackie 1 1,130 09-14-2019, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Yeti1980
  Dating Xpendable: Pros and Cons Xpendable 25 3,683 07-12-2019, 04:56 PM
Last Post: LostintheBardo
  Very turned off by on-line dating and even scared of it. Alonewith2cats 96 23,520 07-06-2019, 03:30 AM
Last Post: QuietDesperation
  Dating as a virgin - and everyone seems sex obsessed? TheSolitaryMan 10 4,862 03-05-2019, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Enpatsu No Shakugan
  Some Questions for everyone who's used (or is currently using) online dating Services ExtensivexLDL 66 27,882 03-05-2019, 11:48 AM
  Frustrated with dating sites Matt L 28 5,066 02-27-2019, 04:05 AM
  Dating women from work bearcat22 16 3,712 02-22-2019, 09:56 PM
Last Post: Red_Wedding_Casualty
  Dating Sites bearcat22 51 7,572 01-13-2019, 02:22 AM
Last Post: Richard_39
  UK Dating Sites with Usernames? LifePath1 16 6,730 12-11-2018, 02:58 AM
Last Post: smarty24