Lone Wolf

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burial

Reaction score
/waves

Introducing myself on new forums always makes me feel as though I'm writing a self-synopsis on a dating site. 

I'm Nik, 29, and you guessed it: lonely. I have become accustomed to my lifestyle of hermetic isolation from society (kind of like a form of Stockholm Syndrome). I guess it's fitting, as pretty much none of my personal "values" fall in line with the majority of society, and I hold extremely Schopenhauerian beliefs.

Anyway, once in a blue moon I happen to come across people online that I have great rapport with, and I figured why not try a place where others are suffering similar conditions.

Misc details: I love poetry, aphorisms, art, existentialism/nihilism, films (even shitty ones).

I also love Fernando Pessoa, Sylvia Plath, and Anne Sexton. And long walks into the void.

So, yeah. That's it. Hopefully I won't feel disgusted with myself later for even this bit of disclosure.

Hello, Nik. Welcome to the forum.

I'm curious, how do you relate Stockholm Syndrome to isolation from society?

Fernando Pessoa, nice. In school we studied a bit about heteronyms, I wish I could recall more of it...

Anyway, hope you'll find those stimulating people here somewhere.

DarkSelene said:
Hello, Nik. Welcome to the forum.

I'm curious, how do you relate Stockholm Syndrome to isolation from society?

Fernando Pessoa, nice. In school we studied a bit about heteronyms, I wish I could recall more of it...

Anyway, hope you'll find those stimulating people here somewhere.

Thanks, DarkSelene. I guess I relate the two as my isolation stemmed from depression and anxiety, and then I began to grow to love it because it became a comfort zone and it was all I knew.

burial said:
Thanks, DarkSelene. I guess I relate the two as my isolation stemmed from depression and anxiety, and then I began to grow to love it because it became a comfort zone and it was all I knew.

Oh, I see... I can actually relate to that. Leading a solitary life is not as bad as people make out to be, it can actually be quite fulfilling, in my opinion.

Hey, welcome to ALL. :)

Do you know some good existentialist movies? I get tired from looking for them!
I've been reading Plath now and then. She is not an author I can read for too long for some reason.

Welcome to ALL forum :)

I see influences of existentialist philosophy in adapting to isolation by some form of Stockholm Syndrome, like as you play the cards that are dealt to you.

I think I know what you mean about isolation becoming a comfort zone 'cause I've been in a comparable state of mind for a lot of years. But people need people, we're social animals.

I'm glad you're here and I hope you keep posting your opinions.

constant stranger said:
I think I know what you mean about isolation becoming a comfort zone 'cause I've been in a comparable state of mind for a lot of years.  But people need people, we're social animals.

I'm glad you're here and I hope you keep posting your opinions.

Yep, undeniably. Thank you. Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

I saw this thread a while ago but wasn't able to respond then!

You seem like an awesome person! How are you today :) ?

Welcome! Schopenhauer, you say? Feel free to summarize the thoughts of him, philosophy is an interesting subject :)
Sometimes I go MIA, but if you want to discuss philosophy, I'm up for it - send a pm, start a thread...

Latest posts

Back