Does any of you goes to treatment ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roy1986

Reaction score
Hi, 

2 weeks ago, I started my first session with a psychiatrist who specializes in C.B.T treatment.
I don't know how it will work out for me but I've decided to give it a chance, after love ones practically begged me 
to go to therapy due to how I bad I felt after the last girl broke up with me.

wonder what kind of treatment do you take, in C.B.T  I'm going to focus mostly on my anxiety and fears.
I think that it might be good for me, since she doesn't dwell into my past rather focus on how I get into a more positive state of mind
without looking too much at my past.

From June to december, will come back in march next year. Hasn't helped very much, most psychiatry tries to normalize your behavior anyway. They have no idea how to treat exitential issues.

honeysuckle ive been in and out of psych wards and rehabs for thee past 5 years. It only works if you let it, and even then not really. As xpendable said they cant really help with exitential issues

I signed up for the sad excuse they got in my city - so in three months they will get back to me, to see how/if to proceed. Dunno if I should laugh or not XD

roy1986 said:
Hi, 

2 weeks ago, I started my first session with a psychiatrist who specializes in C.B.T treatment.
I don't know how it will work out for me but I've decided to give it a chance, after love ones practically begged me 
to go to therapy due to how I bad I felt after the last girl broke up with me.

wonder what kind of treatment do you take, in C.B.T  I'm going to focus mostly on my anxiety and fears.
I think that it might be good for me, since she doesn't dwell into my past rather focus on how I get into a more positive state of mind
without looking too much at my past.

I saw a psychiatrist for a few years. It did help. The first couple of months were rough...drugging up old memories that weren't so great. But all in all I think it was a great help! It took 3 attempts with different doctors but once I found the right person to listen he made some very good points and helped me overcome a few things.

I hope it helps you :)

CBT can be very helpful. You could even try EMDR which is similar if the CBT doesn't work well.

Latest posts

Back