Go Where You Are Wanted

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have few beers with a buddy of mine whom I met at the university, since we graduated he got married and had a child, so I don't hear from him much.

+1 I agree with Xpendable.

*shrug* I`m nowhere wanted. Or at least I don`t feel like I were. But that doesn`t prevent me from going where I want. Guess that`s even better. :D

I agree with most here. I'm needed, not wanted. Where would that be? No place to go, no one to go to, me myself and I. My pets want me, though my dog only when I have food.

Though to be fair, I have so many issues and quirks that my walls go up before I give anyone a chance to get close to me (I just did it again tonight). My fault, not theirs. My social skills are completely fubar'd.

Oh well. I hang out here and one other place.

This is very thought provoking! As my mother always taught me "need and want are different things" (this was in relation to owning many pairs of ridiculously high heeled and unpractical shoes). Anyway, I learnt something whist I was working in the fitness industry as a trainer, I was very good at my job and had lots of clients (this was due to being able to put on an act and not show the real me obviously) but it was tough always faking being bubbly and friendly and I was always taking time off cos of depression. However the amount of money I was bringing in meant they never sacked me. The manager thought I was a pain in the arse but I developed a new philosophy to working.... "Create a situation where they need you more than they hate you" I worked there for over a year, the longest I have ever stayed in a position, usually they would sack me because I had time off for depression.

I don't have that much that's new to say here. I'm useful to some people and venues but if I wasn't anymore, I'd probably never hear from then again. I have one personal relationship where I know that I am wanted. But she has a busy life (which I don't) so I've learned not to get too clingy.....hence she still wants me and I've accepted that arrangement. Oh yeah, I'm handy and useful to her too....which makes good occasions to ask me over to fix something and then afterwards we have a pleasant and very personal time together.

So there it is, only one person in my life actually wants me around. And I'm useful to her. I tell myself she'd still want me even if I wasn't useful. It could be true.

Latest posts

Back