A woman just asked me the most turn off question

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roy1986

Reaction score
a woman could possibly ask a man, 
"So , do you like spending money on a woman, spoil her?"

:( :( :( ,  I'm sure any woman likes gifts and being spoiled and I'm willing to do that every once in a while, but when it's the main focus on the first conversation that's completely messed up.

yeah, that would turn me off too. That's not a really good "trying to get to know you" question.

Haha that is what is referred to as a very very very fluorescent red flag, it's honestly the kind of woman you will find in droves in pretty much any nightclub which is why its the last place to find anyone worthwhile. I know nothing about you, but I can confidently say you can do better. There are countless really awesome women out there more deserving of your affections, trust me that is your que to turn around. She actually did you a massive favour letting you know exactly what she is about in the very first conversation, don't let that go to waste, what follows is entirely on you.

Skyless said:
Haha that is what is referred to as a very very very fluorescent red flag, it's honestly the kind of woman you will find in droves in pretty much any nightclub which is why its the last place to find anyone worthwhile. I know nothing about you, but I can confidently say you can do better. There are countless really awesome women out there more deserving of your affections, trust me that is your que to turn around. She actually did you a massive favour letting you know exactly what she is about in the very first conversation, don't let that go to waste, what follows is entirely on you.

What was a bit sad that she was approaching me days ago, At first I didn't want anything to do with her because I figured we come from very different background, too different  but decided to give it a shot since she was very curious about me and it sort of boosted my ego a little bit. 
Unfortunately, ever since then, she doesn't really ask me anything meaningful about myself, in 2 hour talk she doesn't even know how many siblings I have and in what I majored at the university ... you know basic details about a person which most people know about after 10 minutes talk, completely ridiculous

I'm relived you didn't pursue this further Roy it really would not have ended well for you. I know from your other posts you haven't dated much but get used to seeing and avoiding this kind of woman, it won't be the last one like this you see and they won't always be quite so easy to spot.

If you think she is being unintelligent in being so blatant I think you would be underestimating her approach. It works, it's why she does it and how she learned to do it. It does not work on everyone, but works on enough men to make it a profitable venture for her. The sad truth is that in most nightclubs/bars, sex hungry guys aren't the only predators, gold diggers are the other side of the coin. One is trying to use the other for sex and the other is trying to get as much money out of them as possible and that includes the club itself which overwhelmingly runs on drinks bought by guys and drinks bought for women. It's a fairly sick game of circular parasitism all around in such places. It's obviously not everyone there involved in this kind of stuff but it's the kind of place where it's most prevelant. It's why it's such an abismal place to meet anyone descent for any gender honestly.

It's really not a surprise she would approach you, this is quite common with the most ambitious type of gold digger. I know it feels nice to get attention, especially when you are hurting from a breakup or dipping into depression but just keep in mind that makes you venerable to this kind of thing.

Don't get discurraged tho, there is a lot of great women out there :) but keep your wits about you Roy, too good to be true usually is. Always listen carefully, you will usually learn quite a bit about anyone early on, don't ignore red flags. Good luck out there Roy :)

Skyless said:
I'm relived you didn't pursue this further Roy it really would not have ended well for you. I know from your other posts you haven't dated much but get used to seeing and avoiding this kind of woman, it won't be the last one like this you see and they won't always be quite so easy to spot.

If you think she is being unintelligent in being so blatant I think you would be underestimating her approach. It works, it's why she does it and how she learned to do it. It does not work on everyone, but works on enough men to make it a profitable venture for her. The sad truth is that in most nightclubs/bars, sex hungry guys aren't the only predators, gold diggers are the other side of the coin. One is trying to use the other for sex and the other is trying to get as much money out of them as possible and that includes the club itself which overwhelmingly runs on drinks bought by guys and drinks bought for women. It's a fairly sick game of circular parasitism all around in such places. It's obviously not everyone there involved in this kind of stuff but it's the kind of place where it's most prevelant. It's why it's such an abismal place to meet anyone descent for any gender honestly.

It's really not a surprise she would approach you, this is quite common with the most ambitious type of gold digger. I know it feels nice to get attention, especially when you are hurting from a breakup or dipping into depression but just keep in mind that makes you venerable to this kind of thing.

Don't get discurraged tho, there is a lot of great women out there :) but keep your wits about you Roy, too good to be true usually is. Always listen carefully, you will usually learn quite a bit about anyone early on, don't ignore red flags. Good luck out there Roy :)

I've seen what bad relationships can do to a person, so I know that in some cases, it's better to be alone than be crushed later on and it doesn't matter how hot the other person is, when down the line he/she will make your life miserable so I agree with you.
This type of women is usually the kind that gets men to kill themselves after being extremely humiliated, I am not falling for that and it doesn't matter how long I have to be alone until I meet someone genuine

bleed_the_freak said:
I would say, if that woman is to blowjobs what Mozart was to music, then maybe.

I can't say that the idea has not come to mind, use her for sex and just disappear the next day, but I believe too much in Karma and what comes around, goes around  , would never do that to another person even if she deserves it.

roy1986 said:
bleed_the_freak said:

I can't say that the idea has not come to mind, use her for sex and just disappear the next day, but I believe too much in Karma and what comes around, goes around  , would never do that to another person even if she deserves it.

Who is to say that's not what she wants to get out of it, just get something nice and give you something you want in return, sure it's messed up, but aren't we all messed up in one way or another (or ten ways ;))

MisterLonely said:
roy1986 said:
bleed_the_freak said:

Who is to say that's not what she wants to get out of it, just get something nice and give you something you want in return, sure it's messed up, but aren't we all messed up in one way or another (or ten ways ;))

Just wrong. How about self respect? Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Personally, I feel you got lucky finding her out so soon!

I think you aught to be proud of yourself! ... for putting yourself into a zone you normally wouldn't consider!  It helps keep life interesting and sometimes it even pays off! (I'm not meaning financially!)

If you follow your conscience and listen to your gut you will still run into plenty of people/situations you'd rather not have!  ... But you will be in a position where you can hopefully loose them before you grow too attached! ... of course you will meet many who are worth your time!! ... and the hard times/experiences will make you all the more grateful for the good ones and you will be more likely to want to take good care of those whom you appreciate!  ;)

I thought women don't like it when a guy spends money on them in the early stages of getting to know one another. I thought it fell out of style and now comes off as the guy trying too hard to win the girl over, and is considered a turn-off nowadays.

I agree that is a weird and uncomfortable question.

^^I guess that would depend on if said woman is a gold digger or not.

I mean, sure, little gifts or a dinner here and there are okay, but I would assume most women aren't out to have money spent on them.

Latest posts

Back