New member from EU.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nerys55

Reaction score
New member female housewife almost 57 years living in one of the EU countries. Moved here at age 21 for study. I am homebound due to a few severe health issues. I went online/internet late in life, I have one long distance very good friend in the US. Some times I am on several hobby and interests related forums I sometimes read/post at. No social circle and lead a very quiet life. I am in a longterm relationship but partner is very busy with work, spinning/sports his things. One teen DD very busy with high school and planning her future uni study. It is lifetime of being lonely and I thought long about what to post here as an intro. Lonely runs like a red thread through my life looking back at it...

Hi Nerys55! Welcome to the forum!

I wish you find great friends here :)

Most of people here can understand your feeling of lifelong loneliness, as they deal with the same issue too.

Hi there,
welcome to ALL. feel free to pm me if you want to chat

Welcome ^_^ Maybe look for a hobby close to you, it won't guarantee you get friends but who knows, could happen X)

Update of my intro.
Age now 60 yrs and 7 months.
Emptynester, my only daughter 20 is very far away at college in USA. Due to Corona not seeing her here this summer, so very sad.
My one and only USA friend is very busy with his very stressfull demanding job.
Partner very busy with his stressfull work. Unable to go spinning/sportsschool for his de-stress spinning. When they re-open with Corona rules is outdoors and limited persons so goes by turn so every one get timeslot, he went once and very much disliked it. Some weekend he goes look seaside and most other weekends is spillover of lots of work into weekend and the admin of his small business, paperwork to do, orders of new supplies etc.

I only leave house for med appt. He gets my Rx meds from pharmacy every 3 months. He does the grocery shopping once a week.
I am unable to go to shops or grocery shop. Is the last outdoors thing I did.
Still do my own housekeeping in short bits of time rest in between. I cook the daily dinner. Bake once a month.Do daily laundry.

No social circle. The Corona for me made no difference I am allready homebound since many years due to CHF, PH and allover OA and a lot of minor health things. The osteoarthritis is also hands/wrists/elbows/shoulders so not able to do many hobbies that I used to do and enjoy to pass my time. Handsewing a pillowcase was hour handsewing now is days. The last bit of hand sewed hem for my new apron was hour slow and broke the needle. Can not hold brushes properly for painting anymore. So got into abstract.

My dr GP said maybe I put too much effort in trying to make friends. He said relax, wait let friends come naturally....still waiting.

I am on a lot of forums for my many hobbies, but many forums closed or are closing. I am not into chatrooms texting.
Used to do penpals in my teens for postcards.

It is a lifetime of being lonely.

I had the thought recently is enough worry three persons near me. So maybe the no friends IRL is the best for me, too much stress.

Wow! Welcome back!

It's rare that friends just magically show up especially when we get older. I don't think I ever had any real friends, except for my dad. I did have several "friends" that used my skills to help fix up their homes and cars for free. Well, until I stopped helping them. Then they disappeared. So, I'm very leery of anybody IRL that wants to be my friend. I agree that friends IRL cause stress. They just aren't worth it.

I'm healthy. But, I only leave my place to get supplies or go camping, away from people, when the weather is nice. Those times are great. I find a nice nature type area, without people, and explore everything within it. I go hiking and exploring. I've seen so many really awesome natural attractions, Indian art, and other cool things in my lifetime. I climbing mountains and explored caves. I guess maybe I could say that's my purpose. Nothing else has meant a **** thing to me.

Finished said:
Wow! Welcome back!

It's rare that friends just magically show up especially when we get older. I don't think I ever had any real friends, except for my dad. I did have several "friends" that used my skills to help fix up their homes and cars for free. Well, until I stopped helping them. Then they disappeared. So, I'm very leery of anybody IRL that wants to be my friend. I agree that friends IRL cause stress. They just aren't worth it.

I'm healthy. But, I only leave my place to get supplies or go camping, away from people, when the weather is nice. Those times are great. I find a nice nature type area, without people, and explore everything within it. I go hiking and exploring. I've seen so many really awesome natural attractions, Indian art, and other cool things in my lifetime. I climbing mountains and explored caves. I guess maybe I could say that's my purpose. Nothing else has meant a **** thing to me.

This past few days looked at Youtube videos channel Mysteries of the Superstition Mountains. Is nice to see.

Welcome. I hope you find the forum as helpful as I have.  Plenty of nice, intelligent people here.

Nerys55 said:
This past few days looked at Youtube videos channel Mysteries of the Superstition Mountains. Is nice to see.

I've done quite bit of hiking in the Superstition Mountains. The area really varies depending on the entrance point. There have been several fires though. The second to the last one destroyed a really awesome much less visited area.

DeepTxWater said:
Welcome. I hope you find the forum as helpful as I have.  Plenty of nice, intelligent people here.

And then there's me. Ha! Ha!

At another forum I read at, someone posted a link to their channel Youtube Bart (polish ? surname forgot) he had Gila Monster in his yard. Has anyone seen these also?

Nerys55 said:
My dr GP said maybe I put too much effort in trying to make friends. He said relax, wait let friends come naturally....still waiting.
It's really useless advice but he probably just didn't know what else to tell you.

Myra said:
Nerys55 said:
It's really useless advice but he probably just didn't know what else to tell you.

Yeah, the better advice is, if you snooze you loose. It may take fifty negative responses to find one kind of okay friend. Just think of it like Boomhauer.

Boomhauer+comp_c3043d_5365212.jpg

Latest posts

Back