What are your new years resolutions? Did you keep lasts years resolutions?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HybridWarrior93

Reaction score
Mine are to hit the gym and get fit! Start dancing again and goin to raves and meeting people my age haha! I think getting in shape is a big part of that.  I also am going to manage my money better! 

How about yours?

I don't know if I'll have any this year. The last few years I had a lot of them, they were all big and I just got intimidated by them and wound up doing nothing. I think this year I'm just going to try to take things one day at a time.

- to be successful at my new job
- to give therapy a fair chance and hope that I overcome my anxiety issues
- try to have my friends, give people a break and stop being to judgemental

I really do not get into the whole "make a resolution" thing. I try to be the best person I can be day in and day out and a change of year has nothing to do with that. Sometimes I am successful in this and sometimes I am not.

I did make a major (at least to me) change over the summer and I plan on following it into 2017. I am not going to obsess about the fact that I do not have anyone in my life and that is all there is to it. It's not that I am giving up meeting a nice girl -far from it. I'm just not going to worry about it every day. If it happens I am here and I am ready. If not, I am not going to force the matter.

BeyondShy said:
I did make a major (at least to me) change over the summer and I plan on following it into 2017. I am not going to obsess about the fact that I do not have anyone in my life and that is all there is to it. It's not that I am giving up meeting a nice girl -far from it. I'm just not going to worry about it every day. If it happens I am here and I am ready. If not, I am not going to force the matter.

Very wise.

I am not big on the resolutions... but I am going to do this...for most of my time at my work I have been overwhelmed. But I got a new boss and put things into place so that I can have a life. The problem...I refuse to take it.  So now when I go to work, from 9 AM until 11 AM EVERY DAY, will be for me. I will work on ME.  Go to the gym or pay bills etc. Also, I haven't taken a lunch in years... (eat at my desk) I am promising myself that every day I will go out for 30 minutes.

I set targets rather than resolutions. I hadn't really thought about my targets for next year, but now is as good a time as any. I guess I'd like to hit a 500lb deadlift, 400lb squat, 300lb bench and a bodyweight (~180lb) overhead press. I'm not sure if I will achieve this, but it's always good to have goals.

I just wish I had started this in my 20s rather than my 40s...

TheSkaFish said:
I don't know if I'll have any this year.  The last few years I had a lot of them, they were all big and I just got intimidated by them and wound up doing nothing.  I think this year I'm just going to try to take things one day at a time.

OK here's an easy one:

I resolve to answer my emails and messages in a more timely manner.  I know I've been really bad about this, and I've worried that I come off as rude.  I just want to be in touch with people when I'm feeling good and I don't want it to rub off when I'm down, that's all.  Unfortunately, I'm kinda down a lot.  But I'll try to reply faster.  I appreciate every message and email I get, I want to stay in touch with people and it's always nice when someone asks how I am doing.  I might not always be talkative but I don't want to send the wrong impression that I don't care or something. I do...just have to work up to talking some days.

Latest posts

Back