Judgment by people.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

pinocio

Why people judges me ?I don't  understand  ,it's  very hard to live in social.
  Even I can't  do something for me.I am scare  all time because of their judgment.

I'm sorry you are going through this. Judgment is not easy for most people to deal with, who's judgment are you fearing?

Skyless said:
I'm sorry you are going through this. Judgment is not easy for most people to deal with, who's judgment are you fearing?
persons they live near me.

I am sorry, too, that you are going through this. Some people can be very judgemental. Could you move away and start afresh elsewhere?

Tiina63 said:
I am sorry, too, that you are going through this.  Some people can be very judgemental.  Could you move away and start afresh elsewhere?

This is not right time for me.but Iam trying to move as fast as possible.thank you guys.

I'm a bit hesitant to give you really specific actionable advice, because I don't know your situation or age or relationship to these local people who are judging you and I think that would be irresponsible of me.

But I will tell you if you have some family or a close friend or partner or teacher talk to them about it if you haven't already. Tell them exactly what it happening and how it's affecting you. I'm wondering if you are using judgment interchangeably with bullying but either way it's not ok :( I'm really sorry it's happening to you try to keep in mind that their judgement is THEIR judgment, try not to let that in as much as possible odds are their opinions aren't with a single breath.

Yeah they're close relatives.your advice is good.and Iam very thankfull for you becouse all i need someone support, and no one was with me.I can try to make them understand about my feeling.
Thank you.Skyless.:)

Hiya Pino. :)

Just checking in to see how you are doing, has the judgey situation improved? Where you able to speak with somone near you who understood?

pinocio said:
Why people judges me ?I don't  understand  ,it's  very hard to live in social.
  Even I can't  do something for me.I am scare  all time because of their judgment.

It's a judgmental world... I really don't understand why people choose to be this way without knowing someone first. Media, family and social influence? 

I know it's harder said than done but try to remember the only person's opinion that really counts is yours when it comes to judging yourself. 

My guess is people judge because it deflects them from facing their own judgment.

Everyone judges. EVERYONE. It's built into us all - it's how we naturally asses a potential threat of any kind. I think often people judge negatively based on their own opinions and life experiences.
People are always going to judge other people. I feel the best way to deal with it is to know your own worth and eventually, negative judgements won't mean as much to you and won't have such a negative impact on you. Good luck.

EveWasFramed said:
Everyone judges. EVERYONE. It's built into us all - it's how we naturally asses a potential threat of any kind. I think often people judge negatively based on their own opinions and life experiences.
People are always going to judge other people. I feel the best way to deal with it is to know your own worth and eventually, negative judgements won't mean as much to you and won't have such a negative impact on you. Good luck.

This is so true, and those who say they'd don't judge anyone are usually the worst ones in my experience. Also judging someone doesn't always have to be negative, you can judge someone in a positive way. There's this stigma to judging someone that it always has to be bad.

Sci-Fi said:
EveWasFramed said:

This is so true, and those who say they'd don't judge anyone are usually the worst ones in my experience.  Also judging someone doesn't always have to be negative, you can judge someone in a positive way.  There's this stigma to judging someone that it always has to be bad.

There's this stigma to judging someone that it always has to be bad.”

*** a very insightful point 👍🏻

I also feel that when we feel insecure, we feel the judgement is even worse than it may be. However, I experienced extreme judgment from my family early and often so I understand it isn't "just in your head"-we can become very intuitive to the emotions and judgments of the people around us because we had to very early on as a form of survival. Their constant negative judgment and words made me so sensitive to everything everyone said or may have felt about me it has made life very hard and I still struggle with this daily.

If you did not feel secure in your childhood, and never learned how to be confident-if you never had someone to help you gain this confidence, and help you understand that mistakes were okay, and that we are all human and that we can accept this in others as well as ourselves, we do not learn tolerance and we do not learn to accept even ourselves-mistakes and all.

It can also seem later in life like you are a target. I feel everyone is judged, its just that, most well adjusted adults do not feel it as deeply and it is not painful for them like it for those of us who still carry the wounds of the past.

Hi guys thank you all for your oppenion
When someone judge you in bad way it is very hard to cope with it.I talked with someone about this problems and it is very helpful.
Someone told me "Once you begin to understand why a person is judgmental ,you can get in a better position to either cope with it or overlook it ."

Judgment is very sad situation for me ,it's broke me from inside ,I think I can't escape performance reviews at social feedback from family ,relatives ,neighbors.I am feeling like dead meat.
If I judged someone ,I feel very sad ,I realized how it's feel to be judged.
We all judges ,but some peoples judges in bad way.and they don't know how it's feel.if they judges in good way I think it'll be better.

pinocio said:
Judgment is very sad situation for me ,it's broke me from inside ,I think I can't escape performance reviews at social feedback from family ,relatives ,neighbors.I am feeling like dead meat.
If I judged someone ,I feel very sad ,I realized how it's feel to be judged.
We all judges ,but some peoples judges in bad way.and they don't know how it's feel.if they judges in good way I think it'll be better.

That's a really good way to put it, like every social interaction is a "performace review". Very relatable.

It doesn't help much, but you're empathetic, so that makes you a better person than those who judge.

I think there's a better way to express thoughts than being judgmental, even if it's positive. For example, I have been told multiple times that I "look like someone who would like Harry Potter". I barely read anything in the Harry Potter series, and did not enjoy it. That shuts down any potential conversation very few people know how to restart.

Sadly, Judging others is human nature. We all are guilty of it and we are judged everyday. But keep in mind that someones opinion of you is just that, an opinion. We shouldn't let it have any negative effect on us emotionally. An opinion in itself has no meaning or control over our lives and the only opinion that should hold any impact over you is the opinion you have of yourself.

Fullsinister said:
Sadly, Judging others is human nature. We all are guilty of it and we are judged everyday. But keep in mind that someones opinion of you is just that, an opinion. We shouldn't let it have any negative effect on us emotionally. An opinion in itself has no meaning or control over our lives and the only opinion that should hold any impact over you is the opinion you have of yourself.

You are right Fullsinister .

I think there's a correlation between how much we judge people and thus how we care or think about people who judge us - i.e. if we are very judgemental about someones fashion sense, it could mean that we care more about what people think about our fashion sense and we are thus more self-conscious of what we wear.

Latest posts

Back