Been wearing the same clothes every day for two months

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Restless soul

Reaction score
I think it's a little odd. Although I sorta know why I do it. I posted in another thread asking for others insights on why.
I mainly hangout in starbucks do not go meet or see others.
They are very casual outdoorsy type outfit almost can get away with wearing it everyday although I know not very healthy or normal. 

So the only times I do change my clothes is when I leave my neighborhood to go meet someone.  That is it.

TheRealCallie said:
I hope you are washing them. lol

Also, don't you think people notice that you are wearing the same clothes all the time?

Yes. I do wash them. The weird part is I know they must notice. But for whatever reason it hasn't hit me where its something I care about if they do. And that might have to do with the underlying reasons why I do it in the first place

Now to the million dollar Q i am waiting to be asked.

"Why do I do it"?

People will notice. I notice when I see the regulars on the bus wearing the same thing twice in a row. I have never spoken to them, we do the "I recognise you" nod and that's as close as I care to get. But I notice. You are right when you said it was odd.

Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:

Also, don't you think people notice that you are wearing the same clothes all the time?

Yes. I do wash them. The weird part is I know they must notice. But for whatever reason it hasn't hit me where its something I care about if they do. And that might have to do with the underlying reasons why I do it in the first place

"Why do I do it"?

Because you're OCD, of course.  (It's not OCD)

And yes, people WILL notice and that might be why you don't get a lot of people talking to you....

TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:

"Why do I do it"?

Because you're OCD, of course.  (It's not OCD)

And yes, people WILL notice and that might be why you don't get a lot of people talking to you....

Hold on a second. I didn't say ocd just yet. But you are ruling it out?

Yes. I was gutting to my explanation as to why I think i do it

Multi part complex explanation.

1. As to why I want to change my clothes when leading my area has to do with a change in my routine. Usually something more positive, i.e seeing someone I want to see. Also out of my area.

2. In the past, and most of these occurances happend in my area.
If I were to see someone when I wore lets say something new.and
I had a bad reaction to that person. Or a person I avoided that might have said something to me in the past. Then the clothes I wore that day somehow become tarnished I hate to use that word.
Or i associate with the memory of seeing a person I didnt want to see.

dokidoki said:
Restless soul said:
dokidoki said:
Lets see them! :D

See what? The clothes?

Yes yes!
No way. Hate pics. Too insecure to post here so I will give you a visual. 

Dark blue like slim sweats. Like ivory color hoody. And a black down vest. Been wearing that now every day for over two months now.

Restless soul said:
Dark blue like slim sweats. Like ivory color hoody. And a black down vest. Been wearing that now every day for over two months now.

How much do you spend on clothes for the entire year? Ten, twenty dollars?

Seriously you need to switch up. Even if you are not going anywhere and don't plan on going anywhere you should always try to look your best.

BeyondShy said:
Restless soul said:

How much do you spend on clothes for the entire year? Ten, twenty dollars?

Seriously you need to switch up. Even if you are not going anywhere and don't plan on going anywhere you should always try to look your best.

I actually love clothes. And have a whole stockpile of cloths i never wore. But can't bring myself to put them on

It's like I am stuck.

Restless soul said:
dokidoki said:
Restless soul said:
dokidoki said:

See what? The clothes?

Yes yes!

How good are you at keeping your whites white, hmm? Well.. keeping your ivory, ivory is in this case -_-

bleed_the_freak said:
This thread is great.

I do something similar.

Interesting. Can you share as to why you think you do this?
And what do you do that is similair??

dokidoki said:
Restless soul said:
dokidoki said:
Restless soul said:
dokidoki said:

See what? The clothes?

Yes yes!

How good are you at keeping your whites white, hmm? Well.. keeping your ivory, ivory is in this case -_-

Looks fine. Clean

You can do whatever you want. However, what type of message are you trying to send? What image do you want to convey? And, it isn't all about other people, how do you wish to treat yourself? Why isnt it important to YOU on some level. You say you do change at times to meet others so when you do you are trying to put a better foot forward.
However, personally i would not notice what someone was wearing casually every day, even if i saw them everyday. I mean, i live in a cold climate so if i saw someone with the same hoodie on every day, i would not think much of that.
But, how your dress can affect how you feel about you. Have you thought that changing it up a bit might be a bit of fun for you as well?

dd11 said:
You can do whatever you want.  However, what type of message are you trying to send?  What image do you want to convey?  And, it isn't all about other people, how do you wish to treat yourself?   Why isnt it important to YOU on some level.  You say you do change at times to meet others so when you do you are trying to put a better foot forward.  
 However, personally i would not notice what someone was wearing casually every day, even if i saw them everyday.  I mean, i live in a cold climate so if i saw someone with the same hoodie on every day, i would not think much of that.
 But, how your dress can affect how you feel about you.  Have you thought that changing it up a bit might be a bit of fun for you as well?
Yes. I do see it as a very sick ocd type symptom. And acknowledge somewhat the reasons why I do it. But yet I still do it. Has a lot to do with my surrondings. UUnhealthy llifestyle/environment. Environment being stuck in same neigjborhood. Same people. And other reasons.  It's not a cool way to be but I just can't seem to shake it unless a major move, or change happens

Restless soul said:

Ya know, it would be one thing if you said jeans and a plain t shirt with a jacket, but sweats...really?

Latest posts

Back