Bored

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilacpup97

Reaction score
Yeah so over the past little while I haven't had any motivation to do anything I loved to do. I also gave no contidence and it's causing extra problems because I'm too self conscious to even have sex which I think is just making me worse. It's the holidays and things have only got worse I've gone into an awful depression and drink to fall asleep and brings me out in awful rages and I also geT so drunk i don't act like myself. It's got to the point I Concider suicide constantly but even that's seem so like a lot of effort , which almost seems like a joke but its not. Does anyone else feel the same?​

Not for awhile now, but pretty much everything you describe is what I've lived with from time to time. I'm glad that I lived through it, would have been a shame if I hadn't. I hope you live through it too.

OK, look.....any one of those issues would be bad enough but combinations can be disastrous.....getting drunk while indulging suicidal ideations is terribly dangerous. Plenty of deaths occur that are 50% suicide and 50% accident and drunks are just walking accidents about to happen. I know cause I lived it and I have the drinking scars to remember it by.

Live through this darkness you're in Lilacpup, and come out the other side.

Sorry to hear you are going through a tough time this time of year. The common advice would be to seek professional help if this state persists. Also if possible talk to someone who is understanding of issues you're facing, might be a family member, a teacher, school counselor or an online friend.

At such tough times, give yourself a break and treat yourself with more care. Be the best friend possible to yourself and help yourself to overcome this hardship. Hope this state will pass soon.

This is a pretty common side effect of depression to which i can sadly relate to alot. Have you tried therapy or medication?

Stop drinking. Seriously. It messes with your emotions, metabolism, etc. Then, get up and go for a walk, run, exercise or start doing some physical. After that, things will fall into place.

Drinking is not a medication for depression, quite the opposite, it intensifies your negative emotions and making things a lot worse.

For me drinking beer was helpful in surviving depression last summer. So it depends.

If you are acting in boring ways, then why would you expect your life to not be boring? Drinking and sleeping don't tend to lead to a happy, active life. If you wait until you FEEL like doing something, then you will be waiting all your life. Actions precede feelings. If you go DO things and do the things you know you should do, then eventually you are going to FEEL better about life. So, get up, get moving and get engaged. Or, lay around drinking and wondering why nothing changes.

Latest posts

Back