Lonely in Nagawara

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubbleworker

Reaction score
Hello,

Over the years, my loneliness has been getting deeper .. It's like a constant buzz in my left ear .. And I have being having this feeling that I need to reach out to someone, before it gets me even more crazier than I already am .. 

I have my family .. and there is really nothing wrong with my life .. but then the nagging sadness lies heavy on me most of the time .. at times, I think that if I were to stand still, the sadness would drip down my body and form a puddle around my feet .. And I would get stuck in it, unable to move .. I wish I had someone to talk to .. 

I work in an office of 35 people and most of my day, I am surrounded by people, though much younger than me .. But then mostly I feel there is really no one to talk to .. And funny thing is I do talk to lot of people everyday on my job .. So, it is kinda an oxymoron-ish and perhaps, it’s just me .. 

Guys usually have fantasies about movie-stars or models or something like that .. my biggest fantasy revolves around meeting someone during a trip or just striking up a conversation with someone I meet at a restaurant and we ending up being friends or catching up for coffee sometime .. I did meet a lady on a bus once couple of years back, and we did talk for sometime .. But then somehow, she just didn’t seem keen to remain in touch and drifted away .. I guess that is the most natural way things would progress .. my fantasy would have to be a one-in-a-million exception. But still, I go to sleep everyday wishing I had a friend .. And the first thought that comes to mind when I wake up is "Wish I had one good friend!” .. Perhaps, I am obsessed with my loneliness .. I am having an illicit relationship with my loneliness - I hope my wife doesn’t find out !! :)

I found the “A Lonely Life” portal when I was searching for ways to beat loneliness .. And I just thought I will give it a shot by posting here ..

I may not be a frequent visitor, but I do plan to visit here at least once in 2-3 days ..

- Benny

Hiya Benny :) welcome

Well if you are married, you should probably stop trying to pick up girls on the bus now :p haha. But on a more serious note, do you have any: hobbies, interests, skills, activities, sports, you enjoy doing, that you could turn into a group activity to meet new people? 

You interact with a lot of people all day at work you said, so I am guessing you don't have any serious difficulties with communication or interaction like that as a whole (in theory). So have you considered a change of venue to some shared interest group activities to help make a few local friends with a shared interest? Using something like Meetup.com India for example? You mentioned you like to travel so say a travel club for example :) 

I don't know if it's a good fit or possibility for you but I'm curious if you have tried something like the above before? :)

Anyhoos, Welcome to the forum Benny :)

rubbleworker said:
Hello,

Over the years, my loneliness has been getting deeper .. It's like a constant buzz in my left ear .. And I have being having this feeling that I need to reach out to someone, before it gets me even more crazier than I already am .. 

I have my family .. and there is really nothing wrong with my life .. but then the nagging sadness lies heavy on me most of the time .. at times, I think that if I were to stand still, the sadness would drip down my body and form a puddle around my feet .. And I would get stuck in it, unable to move .. I wish I had someone to talk to .. 

I work in an office of 35 people and most of my day, I am surrounded by people, though much younger than me .. But then mostly I feel there is really no one to talk to .. And funny thing is I do talk to lot of people everyday on my job .. So, it is kinda an oxymoron-ish and perhaps, it’s just me .. 

Guys usually have fantasies about movie-stars or models or something like that .. my biggest fantasy revolves around meeting someone during a trip or just striking up a conversation with someone I meet at a restaurant and we ending up being friends or catching up for coffee sometime .. I did meet a lady on a bus once couple of years back, and we did talk for sometime .. But then somehow, she just didn’t seem keen to remain in touch and drifted away .. I guess that is the most natural way things would progress .. my fantasy would have to be a one-in-a-million exception. But still, I go to sleep everyday wishing I had a friend .. And the first thought that comes to mind when I wake up is "Wish I had one good friend!” .. Perhaps, I am obsessed with my loneliness .. I am having an illicit relationship with my loneliness - I hope my wife doesn’t find out !! :)

I found the “A Lonely Life” portal when I was searching for ways to beat loneliness .. And I just thought I will give it a shot by posting here ..

I may not be a frequent visitor, but I do plan to visit here at least once in 2-3 days ..

- Benny

Well is old people..who actually like being alone...but sometimes need a companion..say once or twice a month at least.
I mean after all I want to go out on new years eve but where..i can show up to a hippy sparkle party with some champagne and snacks or I can go watch a band and sit alone....it would be nice to just have someone to drink a cup of coffee with ..that doesn't have a hidden agenda...
Most of my friends do not prioritize their money well and they tend to be broke most of the time.

Thanks for the welcome, Skyless.
And for the response, Lonelytoday.

Yeah, I do not have communication issues when it comes to professional mattes. Just that I tend to be quiet in personal surroundings.

I did try that - signing up for interest groups - some years ago. At times I end up feeling even more lonely. It may sound strange. But it does happen. But thanks for the meetup.com suggestion. First impression is "promising". I will sign-up try that, especially since I like playing badminton. And there seems to be some players in my locality too.

My thought is that such things may not take away in the inner loneliness. But you just keep it aside for a while. Anyways, I am willing to try it out.

As lonelytoday said, it really would be nice to just have a coffee or drink with someone on new years .. and have a real conversation, without any hidden agenda ..

Happy New Year to all .. and hope you all find more friends in 2017 ..

Latest posts

Back