Is this girl blind?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MisterLonely said:
Restless soul said:
My point with the celebrity also has to do with someones
Mental image how they look. After being compared to a good looking celeb ( in thier head )then once compared to a celeb they don't consider to be good looking.  Well. That causes thier whole mental image to change. To feel diffrent about how they look. Makes sense??

Who are we talking about here? It can go both ways, if your compared with someone you think isn't that good looking, they might be pleasently suprised when meeting you, and the reverse is also possible

Why would they be supprised when meeting??

Quite honestly, I think you need to get over yourself. Whether it's you thinking you are better looking or just simply better than someone else. Life isn't a **** competition. It's almost like you think you are entitled to something.

Restless soul said:
MisterLonely said:
Restless soul said:
Mental image how they look. After being compared to a good looking celeb ( in thier head )then once compared to a celeb they don't consider to be good looking.  Well. That causes thier whole mental image to change. To feel diffrent about how they look. Makes sense??

Who are we talking about here? It can go both ways, if your compared with someone you think isn't that good looking, they might be pleasently suprised when meeting you, and the reverse is also possible

Well if you think the person they compare you to isn't as good looking as you are, why wouldn't they?
Don't forget, you can only see so much from a photograph

MisterLonely said:
Restless soul said:
MisterLonely said:
Restless soul said:

Well if you think the person they compare you to isn't as good looking as you are, why wouldn't they?
You believe that? A photo isnt always true? 
Be back soon to reply

MisterLonely said:
Restless soul said:
MisterLonely said:
Restless soul said:

I started this thread because I was talking to someone on a dating app. Then suddenly very random. They link a photo of some guy who they thought was me, a facebook photo. Looked nothing like me. And immediately brought on the problems I expressed with being compared to others.
Was also weird because she sees photos on the dating app.
Then links a random photo of some guy she thinks is me?
Can't she see they are two different people??

I have pictures that make me look like two different people. Yes, there are, of course similarities, but they still look different. It's you who is obsessing over this, it's you that has the problem with this, it's you that needs to get over it.

She did nothing wrong except say you look like a guy. You don't like it because you don't feel like the other guy was good looking enough to be you...or not famous enough, I don't know. Instead of worrying about whether you do or don't look like someone else and insulting people because they have an opinion, perhaps you should focus on what you're doing and the excuses you make.

TheRealCallie said:
I have pictures that make me look like two different people.  Yes, there are, of course similarities, but they still look different.  It's you who is obsessing over this, it's you that has the problem with this, it's you that needs to get over it.  

She did nothing wrong except say you look like a guy.  You don't like it because you don't feel like the other guy was good looking enough to be you...or not famous enough, I don't know.  Instead of worrying about whether you do or don't look like someone else and insulting people because they have an opinion, perhaps you should focus on what you're doing and the excuses you make.
Thank you. Thats why I am on a board like this posting in " self-esteem and shyness. Could even be any other category.
Because these issues stem from other things you know well as I do. And it's great to get insight and feedback as to why these things cut so deep and are a shock to system each tme they occur.

Happend again. The guy who works in starbucks mistook me for another customer.  And we look nothing alike

beautiful loser said:
Then start growing a Hitler moustache, mutton chops and wear a dunce cap.  You will NEVER be mistaken for another person, EVER again.  You're welcome :)

Oh cut it out. And I made a new thread pertaining to this. Overthinking.

Restless soul said:
Happend again. The guy who works in starbucks mistook me for another customer.  And we look nothing alike

A lot of that is in the beholder's eye and perception.

Latest posts

Back