Long shot.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claudia39

Reaction score
OK, so I know this is a long shot, but here it goes. 

I’m a 39 year old woman caught up in a dead end relationship.  I have five children of which one has already left home.  The only reason we keep this facade going is because of them.  After twenty years of trying to find common ground I’m emotionally drained.  I have always dreamed of finding a “soul mate”, someone who I can share my most inner feelings with, without being scared of being judged.
I’m sure that somewhere out there, there must be a guy that feels the same.  

I love reading and writing, being active (I’m going to the gym for an hour every day), cycling, nature, entertaining family and friends.  I also love the beach, but am dead scared of water. 

I’m looking for a 35 to 45 year old male pen pal who has similar interests.  

Please note that I’m not promising anything other than friendship.  Maybe we will never even meet face to face.  I firstly and most importantly need to raise my children.

Just to get it out of the way; no I’m not ugly or over weight.  I just chose the wrong mate. 

So if you can accept my conditions drop me a message.

Staying together for the kids rarely works out and I bet they know neither of you are happy. It's more likely the decision to stay together for them is making everyone miserable.
It might hurt to hear that, but it's true. Kids aren't as blind to things as parents want to think they are. Aside from that, people are as blind as we think they are. They can usually see what we try to hide.

TheRealCallie said:
Staying together for the kids rarely works out and I bet they know neither of you are happy.  It's more likely the decision to stay together for them is making everyone miserable.  
It might hurt to hear that, but it's true. Kids aren't as blind to things as parents want to think they are.  Aside from that, people are as blind as we think they are.  They can usually see what we try to hide.

Thank you for your reply TheRealCallie.  But all situations are not the same.  It's not that my husband and I are constantly fighting and the children are quite happy.  We have seen what divorce can do to a child and are not willing to take a chance with ours.  We are both commited to our children and do not treat each other badly, it just get lonely sometimes.

TheRealCallie said:
Doesn't really matter if you are fighting or not.  You are here, so you are clearly not happy.  Chances are, he's not either.  They can and will pick up on that.

Well clearly we do not see eye to eye on this.  It's starting to read like a pro-life vs pro-choice discussion.  Maybe we should just agree to disagree on this subject.

Latest posts

Back