What to do and how to deal when girl you like ignores your text?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Restless soul

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas, suggestions?

Restless soul said:
Anyone have any ideas, suggestions?

I should explain more. A girl you been seeing and talking to.

TheRealCallie said:
And how long has she been ignoring you?

2 days. She did say she wouldn't reply to me. over a silly misunderstanding. But still. Yes, frustrating

And is it possible that what you perceive as a "silly misunderstanding" might be a little more than that to her?

Leave her be for now. Wait a week and try talking to her again. One text to test the waters, no more than that.

TheRealCallie said:
And is it possible that what you perceive as a "silly misunderstanding" might be a little more than that to her?  

Leave her be for now.  Wait a week and try talking to her again.  One text to test the waters, no more than that.

I already sent more than one since then. Stupid me never learns. But you say even so, wait a week? Then try

Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:

2 days. She did say she wouldn't reply to me. over a silly misunderstanding. But still. Yes, frustrating

You're minimizing her feelings. Try understanding where she's coming from. If it still seems ridiculous to you, perhaps it's better to just leave it be.

Without knowing what the misunderstanding is, I can't begin to imagine what she might be thinking. But yeah, she's upset over something, so she needs time. She may or may not accept it, but if you let her cool down, maybe she'll be more receptive to listen.

Also, stop thinking only YOUR side of things is the ONLY side of things. Not everyone sees things as you do. What is silly to you might be major to someone else.

AmytheTemperamental said:
Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:

You're minimizing her feelings. Try understanding where she's coming from. If it still seems ridiculous to you, perhaps it's better to just leave it be.
Ok. Whatever the case may be, amy. What about the advice callie suggested?

Restless soul said:
AmytheTemperamental said:
Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:

Ok. Whatever the case may be, amy. What about the advice callie suggested?
Not miniminimizing anything. Fact is she is ignoring me. And I would like to talk with her again. So what do I do?

You leave her alone and respect her wishes. If you absolutely must, send her ONE message in a week. But you may want to seriously think about her perspective in the matter, not just your own.

Fact is, YOU did something to make her ignore you. Own up to that.

TheRealCallie said:
You leave her alone and respect her wishes.  If you absolutely must, send her ONE message in a week.  But you may want to seriously think about her perspective in the matter, not just your own.

Fact is, YOU did something to make her ignore you.  Own up to that.

I can assure you i haven't said anything offenseive or insulting as you assume right away. But that is not even the purpose of the post. All I asked is what to do now. And callie I think what you auggested above was ssincere and a good suggestion. Do you still think so??

As I've said it twice, yes I do. But don't go into it expecting her to reply. She might not.

That said, with your words of "silly misunderstanding," I'm pretty **** sure you did something....

TheRealCallie said:
As I've said it twice, yes I do.  But don't go into it expecting her to reply.  She might not.

That said, with your words of "silly misunderstanding,"  I'm pretty **** sure you did something....

No nothing extreme did I do. But it would be confusing to explain here and pick apart here. But I do appreciate your advice as always

Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:
As I've said it twice, yes I do.  But don't go into it expecting her to reply.  She might not.

That said, with your words of "silly misunderstanding,"  I'm pretty **** sure you did something....

No nothing extreme did I do. But it would be confusing to explain here and pick apart here. But I do appreciate your advice as always

Doesn't matter if it was extreme or not.  SHE obviously thought it was more extreme than you do if she is ignoring you because of it.  Do you understand that?

TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:

Doesn't matter if it was extreme or not.  SHE obviously thought it was more extreme than you do if she is ignoring you because of it.  Do you understand that?
Yes. But why you harping on that part. How does that help at this point in time?

Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:

Yes. But why you harping on that part. How does that help at this point in time?

Because whatever you did was clearly something big to her if it made her stop talking to you, so you need to reconsider it all in...not your perspective, because chances are, you may just owe her an apology.
And if she doesn't get one, again, assuming things here because I don't know what happened, she likely won't let it go.

TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:

Because whatever you did was clearly something big to her if it made her stop talking to you, so you need to reconsider it all in...not your perspective, because chances are, you may just owe her an apology.
And if she doesn't get one, again, assuming things here because I don't know what happened, she likely won't let it go.
Yes of course.  I explained myself in text already. And now maybe it's better to wait like you said

You may have explained yourself, but you're still saying "silly misunderstanding" Clearly, it's not silly to her, so chances are rather high that you weren't very nice in the explanation. For example, calling it a silly misunderstanding....

TheRealCallie said:
You may have explained yourself, but you're still saying "silly misunderstanding"  Clearly, it's not silly to her, so chances are rather high that you weren't very nice in the explanation.  For example, calling it a silly misunderstanding....

Now you are taking it out of context. Drop it. Nothing more to be said i already told you I am not getting into it here was said. Ok dear??

Latest posts

Back