how do you guys deal with depression?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dn560

Reaction score
i think im at my worst stage of depression. its never been this bad before, i find myself listening to sad music and just crying all he time, my heart feels like someone stuck a knife in it, my mind races at night or whenver im alone i feel like i wanna scream but cant im all choked up and so furious i just wanna take out my frustration on something. ever since that girl befriended me i got too attached ended up liking her but she used me got what she wanted and left me high and dry. at first i thought she cared, she became part of my world that i didnt discover until i met her and when she left i felt like she took that part with her. its hurts so much all the feelings , all the effort and all the times i spent with her all just for her selfish gain and i like the typical loser got influenced by her beauty and "personality" fell for her :(. adding to all the other heartbreaks i had in my life from being diagnosed with incurable diseases, to being kicked out of university, parents hating mei actually thought i had a genuine friend but no. rips me the fresia up inside every time i think about her i cry thinking about her, she meant alot to me and idk....im so sad all i want is someone to love me and care for me soomeone to watch my back be by my side to pick me up when i fall :( i wish i was better, i wish i was healthy, i wish i was good looking, why the fresia do bad things happen to me? what the fresia did i do? idk i dont wanna turn to alcohol or getting high to numb the pain but its unbearable what do i do? i feel like im begging for help but no one wants to help me...sigh

dn560 said:
i think im at my worst stage of depression. its never been this bad before, i find myself listening to sad music and just crying all he time, my heart feels like someone stuck a knife in it, my mind races at night or whenver im alone i feel like i wanna scream but cant im all choked up and so furious i just wanna take out my frustration on something. ever since that girl befriended me i got too attached ended up liking her but she used me got what she wanted and left me high and dry. at first i thought she cared, she became part of my world that i didnt discover until i met her and when she left i felt like she took that part with her. its hurts so much all the feelings , all the effort and all the times i spent with her all just for her selfish gain and i like the typical loser got influenced by her beauty and "personality" fell for her :(. adding to all the other heartbreaks i had in my life from being diagnosed with incurable diseases, to being kicked out of university, parents hating mei actually thought i had a genuine friend but no. rips me the fresia up inside every time i think about her i cry thinking about her, she meant alot to me and idk....im so sad all i want is someone to love me and care for me soomeone to watch my back be by my side to pick me up when i fall :( i wish i was better, i wish i was healthy, i wish i was good looking, why the fresia do bad things happen to me? what the fresia did i do? idk i dont wanna turn to alcohol or getting high to numb the pain but its unbearable what do i do? i feel like im begging for help but no one wants to help me...sigh

I don't know the solution to all your problems dn560 but I will say that I'm happy to see that you're still with us after new years. I was worried that you wouldn't be after what had written in your last thread.

I think having achievable short term and long term goals might be one way in which to fight depression.

I know I'm usually harsh on comments, specially regarding relationships and love interests, but I have a genuine question for you:
Are you blaming that other person of being selfish/fake and not caring for you because she didn't fell in love with you?

Please know that I have no idea on your situation. It sounds like that's what you're saying, though. Think about it a bit.

Paraiyar said:
dn560 said:

I don't know the solution to all your problems dn560 but I will say that I'm happy to see that you're still with us after new years. I was worried that you wouldn't be after what had written in your last thread.

I think having achievable short term and long term goals might be one way in which to fight depression.
i was gonna end it new years day but i just didnt have the insides to do it just kept staring at the pills and couldnt do it.  im looking into long term and short term goals ones i hope it works out!

DarkSelene said:
I know I'm usually harsh on comments, specially regarding relationships and love interests, but I have a genuine question for you:
Are you blaming that other person of being selfish/fake and not caring for you because she didn't fell in love with you?

Please know that I have no idea on your situation. It sounds like that's what you're saying, though. Think about it a bit.

ok firstly im not in love with her, i do like her but it isnt love, i dont want a relationship or be her bf, im not blaming her for being depressed but im bitter at the fact that shed go incredible lengths and use me. no one likes being played and betrayed. as someone who has absolutely no friends and no one by his side when she came into my life i thought it was genuiene friendship thought someone had my back but i was wrong.

sentiententity said:
I deal with depression by using antidepressants and not caring about women.

i like you xD what antidepressants tho?

steve4996 said:
I take meds and I do drink beer at times watch a lot of tv and cook and eat

i think i might do the same

A few things.

- Meds and drugs dont work because they dont address the problem.

- Acknowledge the bad feeling, dont draw conclusions. Drawing conclusions would only make you feel worse.

- Listening to music a lot will help.

dn560 said:
ok firstly im not in love with her, i do like her but it isnt love, i dont want a relationship or be her bf, im not blaming her for being depressed but im bitter at the fact that shed go incredible lengths and use me. no one likes being played and betrayed. as someone who has absolutely no friends and no one by his side when she came into my life i thought it was genuiene friendship thought someone had my back but i was wrong.

I didn't say you were in love with her or that you were blaming her for being depressed... But I also don't know what happened so I just hope you feel better. Talking about it is one of the steps to get rid of the feeling, actually, try to concentrate on yourself for now.

I've used many vices in the past to deal with depression. Cutting, alcohol and drugs. Now at this stage in my life I have just given up. Every day I wake up is not a gift to me. It's more, oh I'm still alive, dammit. Now I'm just in a haze most of the time. I go to work and come home. I give my money that I make away to people. I sit in my room and do nothing. I tried counseling but you know you're pretty messed when a counselor tells you they can't help you. Oh, I listen to music a lot as well. That's pretty much how I cope.

Depression is temporary. It fades away. And comes again. It comes again when we feed it. And it fades away only when we don't think about it. Its not the depression that dominates us, its the depression about the depression that does. If you do nothing to your depression, just observe, wait, soon it will fade. But if you are worried about it, it will become depression about depression. That's the real villian.

Do nothing to it, don't interpret it. Just let it stay as it is. You won't believe how fast it drains off.

**** dn560 I'm sorry you got used like that, that sucks. I've had some lows like that before, like you just got an ache in heart/chest, I've spent hours just secluded in my room listening to pandora and looking at memes, anything to distract me from the boredom.
Things that could help might be some anti depressants and some therapy, exercise is good too to get some endorphins unfortunately I know that's one of the hardest things to do when you'r depressed. If the weather isn't too bad force yourself to get out the door and walk around a little maybe while listening to some music, doesn't matter how fast or slow you go.

IF this type of depression lasts for a long time and meds or therapy don't help there's also electroshock therapy that's been proven to be effective against depression and it doesn't hurt or anything like it's been shown in the movies.

I hope this helps a little. Eventually you'll be able to get over her and what she did but it's gonna take sometime.
Remember we're all in this together and I'm pulling for ya *hugs* :)

dn560 said:

I've been in very similar situations before. The sad music helps, it's your friend and helps you process. 
As for me, I spent lots of time with dogs all sorts of dogs. Dogs are honest and love you regardless of anything, even if they just met you. Dogs are great.
Went to NEW places AWAY from people - away from stuff that would remind me of good times that will no longer happen
Buried my head in games big-time as well as a distraction - Reading is also good. 
Anything that get's your mind off of the world at the moment

I don't know what others guys do about there depression.. but I've done all the cancelling and been on many antidepressants and now I'm described as dangerously depressed. I've done all the pills and still on them it doesn't seem to alter my mind. I've even tried suicide twice and failed.. so now I try a different approach. Now I have a hundred fifty thousand milligrams of tablets. I look at them every day and say to myself.. wait until tomorrow..  so far it's keeping me Alive....

Jackruss4 said:
I don't know what others guys do about there depression.. but I've done all the cancelling and been on many antidepressants and now I'm described as dangerously depressed. I've done all the pills and still on them it doesn't seem to alter my mind. I've even tried suicide twice and failed.. so now I try a different approach. Now I have a hundred fifty thousand milligrams of tablets. I look at them every day and say to myself.. wait until tomorrow..  so far it's keeping me Alive....

i'll never take an antidepressant they just mask the problem and sometimes makes it worse! good for you dude stay away from those pills

evanescencefan912 said:
**** dn560 I'm sorry you got used like that, that sucks.  I've had some lows like that before, like you just got an ache in heart/chest, I've spent hours just secluded in my room listening to pandora and looking at memes, anything to distract me from the boredom.
Things that could help might be some anti depressants and some therapy, exercise is good too to get some endorphins unfortunately I know that's one of the hardest things to do when you'r depressed.  If the weather isn't too bad force yourself to get out the door and walk around a little maybe while listening to some music, doesn't matter how fast or slow you go.

IF this type of depression lasts for a long time and meds or therapy don't help there's also electroshock therapy that's been proven to be effective against depression and it doesn't hurt or anything like it's been shown in the movies.

I hope this helps a little. Eventually you'll be able to get over her and what she did but it's gonna take sometime.
Remember we're all in this together and I'm pulling for ya *hugs*  :)

i really appreciate your advice thank you so much :)

Honestly, my only weapon against depression is marijuana and lots of it. Kind of helps me escape all of the dark thoughts swimming around in my head, and helps me chill out.

Maybe you should start playing an instrument as well. Gives you something to focus on that will get better with time.

Latest posts

Back