What is worth doing, in your opinion?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sometimes

Reaction score
I am plagued with "so-what brain". That "so-what" is always lurking in the background of everything I do, just waiting for a chance to pounce, and throw me into indifference. I have a few things that I always feel are worth doing. For me,  cutting firewood for the winter is always worth doing. I never feel "so-what" about that.

I would like to know, what do you find worth doing?

I like reading a lot, knowledge is really important to me but I can't lie that I don't feel like it doesn't matter sometimes. I know things will be added to who I am, but not being able to use that knowledge for something like work makes me think that it doesn't matter if I was the most ignorant prick there ever was, it's useless. Of course, rationally that's not true, but it happens. The feels will get you at some point.

I have realized lately that so what brain is a direct result of not being challenged. So I try to attempt new things. For me at the moment I am trying to learn more about investments and get involved in that. I might go back to school in some format but at the moment I am trying to decide if there is anything I can study which will really be worth it.

I have the opposite..the "what if" brain, yours is definitly the "healthier" one to have, mine stops me from doing things out of fear, yours out of indifference.

One thing I always find it worth doing is my laundry, I like my cloths and bedding clean.

I'm someone who puts great importance on doing 'something'. It doesn't really matter what that 'something' is - just find what it is that you love and then dedicate yourself to getting better at it. I try not to get dragged down by what I feel like I should be doing, because at some point our lives will be over and we will have had as little impact upon the universe as a single grain of sand has on the Earth...

I guess my 'something' is lifting. I pick things up, I put them down again... repeat ad nauseum... literally at times. Is it good for a man in his 40s to practice something that puts unnecessary strain upon both his joints and his cardiovascular system? Probably not, but I won't feel regret if I die with a barbell in my hands.

I think it's already known by some here that for me it's reading and adding to pile of knowledge, exactly like DarkSelene.

But I usually have this thought that one day the knowledge might be useful and without it I would be in big trouble, because who knows what awaits for us in the future. A good comprehension of life and what's going on also helps me to appreciate and enjoy it more unless I lose myself in a whirlwind of negative thoughts (which fortunately is not seen anywhere near me right now).

Sometimes said:
I am plagued with "so-what brain". That "so-what" is always lurking in the background of everything I do, just waiting for a chance to pounce, and throw me into indifference. I have a few things that I always feel are worth doing. For me,  cutting firewood for the winter is always worth doing. I never feel "so-what" about that.

I would like to know, what do you find worth doing?

Anything that helps keeps a roof over my head. As I see it, cutting  firewood is a good one.

I find most things worth doing most of the time. I just sometimes fall into the pit of not being able to do them, for whatever reason. The 'so-what' mind lurks down there.

Latest posts

Back