Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lonely because I like Trump
It seems that a lot of these 'friends' aren't real friends. I have friends who's views I absolutely detest; racist, misogynistic, right-wing to the point of questioning if Hitler had a point etc. I don't have to agree with their views to be their friend, I find the things I like about them and focus on that. We don't talk about the differences in opinion because who am I to question their beliefs. Some people like controlling other peoples thoughts and views - these people are not always the best friends to make.
I appreciate all the comments. Thanks to all who responded.

Yes, I agree that, if they were true friends, they would look beyond my political views.

They are all democrats. So my next question is... is it more likely that democrats
care more about ones politics, than republicans or independents? After all, aren't they the
authors of political correctness?

It is very demoralizing for me to find myself so alone now. I really thought I had friends.
I am going to fight hard to keep my heart open and not close it. But for the time being
I am so disspointed I almost feel hate.
I noticed that many people who are inciting violence and racial tension and are being abusive to others (with differing political beliefs) are democrats. I find it ironic that they can chant and protest about having freedom to choose who they support but are very abusive and hateful towards Trump's supporters or differing political opinions than their own.

I noticed that some of these democrats upon hearing "Trump supporter" assume the supporter to be a Nazi-flag-waving, racist, misogynist, violent, redneck, ignorant/ stupid/ uneducated, wife-beating White male. These words are not my own but from angry ramblings I've come across (many times) on the internet. I noticed a common "debate" response to be "You must be a Trump supporter, you f##(ing idiot!!"

I know that there are Trump supporters who are assholes as well, but where I am living (Not USA) I get the sense that Trump supporters are hiding. From overhearing conversations about the US election; it seems socially acceptable to bash Trump along with his supporters.

I noticed the same thing with Brexit. Politicians and the "Remainers" were pushing for ways to change the vote outcome. I've seen some petitions for the outcome of the Trump win to be changed as well. It all screams to me SORE LOSER with 1 million exclamation marks after.

I know a number of people who have cut off their friends because of politics. You are better off without friends that lose their shit when it comes to differing opinions. You have a right to your own political opinion just as they do. They are arrogant and not worth your time.

(P.S. Not saying all Democrats are behaving like this but it seems to be more accepted because D.T. is the big bad wolf. I'm not in the US and not invested in American politics. Just sharing my observations.)
(01-14-2017, 03:47 PM)Northern Lights Wrote: I noticed the same thing with Brexit. Politicians and the "Remainers" were pushing for ways to change the vote outcome. I've seen some petitions for the outcome of the Trump win to be changed as well. It all screams to me SORE LOSER with 1 million exclamation marks after.

Something interesting is that since cutting off some of my friends I am actually thinking it was good for me.  I feel like I have put a lot of time and MY energy in the last few years into supporting them. And since cutting them off I put that back into me and I have achieved so much. 

I do feel like I am hiding. The hypocrites who don't apparently believe in freedom of speech or thought... will take action against me. They can't get to Trump... but they can me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lonely busy guy hitch1983 2 307 03-06-2017, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Extreme Unit
  How I never feel lonely and how can you never feel lonely too NewOrder2016 16 1,672 03-01-2017, 10:24 PM
Last Post: dd11
  Being lonely sometimes- well you not me leslie345 1 603 12-27-2016, 12:23 PM
Last Post: dd11
  You know your lonely when LonelySutton 154 22,135 12-26-2016, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Ninjami
  Lonely Thanksgiving tomorrow (for those of you in the US).....how about you guys? GrayAndLonesome 19 1,453 11-28-2016, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Somnambulist
  Anxiety, Gay, Lonely Rach72 21 1,939 11-28-2016, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Kianda
  Feeling lonely living alone 1stTiger 12 1,424 11-04-2016, 05:32 AM
Last Post: farrah
  Do you admit you're lonely? Jently 104 7,490 11-03-2016, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Jently
  Scams That Prey On the Lonely Minus 65 42,124 10-28-2016, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Somnambulist
  bored sad lonely amacolor 4 1,056 10-07-2016, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Tiina63