Crowdfunding / Investing

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmilyFoxSeaton

Reaction score
So due to my "Trump" shunning... I have been spending my time looking into various and sundry investments on the net. Has anyone else looked into this / Invested?

• I put some money into this thing called "lending club".  Basically it is platform where you can lend money to others. So say 10000 people give $25 per person to fund a loan.  The loan, like at any bank, is paid back with interest which, as a lender, you get. Anywhere from 5 to 12%.  I am a little dubious on this because anyone can just not pay. But Lending club can go after people who don't pay just like any loan. 
  • I put some money into this thing called "ground floor". This I am excited about. It lets you put in any amount of money to fund a real estate flip. So ground floor loans money to a real estate investor to purchase a home at like 10 to 12 %.  Then it lets you put in any amount of money you want until the loan is "funded".  When the investor completes the flipped home and sells it, you get your money repaid with interest. And the investor usually gets a hefty profit.  This seems like a safe investment because with real estate you have a "lien" and they can't sell without removing the lien. But still don't want to put much in.
I looked at some crowd funding sites and I saw some companies I think are brilliant. Such as "crowd med" where people with stubborn unsolved medical symptoms put them up on the site (anonymously) and both lay people and doctors / medicine people from all over the world can try to determine the accurate diagnosis.  If this kind of thing appeals to you -- you can also get paid for being a "medical detective".  Another one was a thin bar that can jet out of a police car and pop tires of cars in a chase.  But I couldn't really figure out how, if at all, I could get my money back by investing. 

If you haven't looked I have just been amazed by the stuff out there.

Latest posts

Back