what is the most vauable thing we have?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say the most valuable thing is to have meaning and purpose in our life.

Another way to put it, to express it by a negative, is that the worst thing is to leave this world knowing that our life here was meaningless.

there is no right or wrong answer, it is what we thing and believe is most important. Being a cancer survivor, I think time because I almost ran out of it and the thought came to me I cant get the time I spent back just like words once they leave our mouth we can not pull them back in. With out time we would not be here and I would not be able to watch my grand kids grow and love my wife longer.

Love is the most valuable thing we have!!! Imagining a world without love is becoming increasingly easy!!!

Restless soul said:
steve4996 said:
I think it is time  because without time we have nothing else

Health. Especially physical.

Health. Especially if you do not have a support system like family to help you.

Health...you can overcome most things if you are blessed with health. It's easy to love healthy people, so when you are ill, you watch everyone simply disappear from your life.

Definitely Health. We take it for granted til things start to go wrong and that's when you realize how valuable it is

I have time. But i would gladly give it to someone who could use it.

Each day I wake up is another day spent in misery.

For those of us born with congenital defects and living a life full of illness and pain, there is no end to the bad news, there is no cure. And we see just how very lonely and ugly this world is and how very busy people are. Busy moving on. Too busy to look around them and see the suffering of others...or maybe to afraid to care.

That's an unfair blanket statement bitterpartyof1. There are plenty of people who care and caring hurts a lot of us too but do you allow others to reach in and be there with you I wonder?

health

bitterpartyof1 said:
I have time. But i would gladly give it to someone who could use it.

Each day I wake up is another day spent in misery.

For those of us born with congenital defects and living a life full of illness and pain, there is no end to the bad news, there is no cure. And we see just how very lonely and ugly this world is and how very busy people are. Busy moving on.  Too busy to look around them and see the suffering of others...or maybe to afraid to care.

hugs

Jently said:
That's an unfair blanket statement bitterpartyof1.  There are plenty of people who care and caring hurts a lot of us too but do you allow others to reach in and be there with you I wonder?

I feel it isn't unfair blanket statement from where I stand, and I feel many many people can relate to this. First ask the question, then feel free to judge the statement.

If people were reaching in to me, do you think I would be looking for complete strangers to share my innermost pain with? I feel if I had the support system I needed I would not be here, explaining myself now. Maybe I am wrong, and being unfair Jently, but I feel  the majority of us are lacking support systems and our families, friends, and local communities are not supplying the kind of support we need, therefore we are finding sites like these for contact with similar souls in pain.

I have been extremely appreciative of the small things a few people still do, but my life before when I was physically able is completely different from where it is now. It is hard for people to understand my situation, and it scares them too. They have jobs, and lives, and I see the fear and discomfort when thinking about what has happened to me. I don't know if they put themselves in my shoes. So the conversations are short if they happen at all. The invites have stopped when you have to keep declining despite the desire to keep up. I watch the lives they continue and I am happy for them, but more sad because I can no longer be or do and it feels as if eventually I may cease to exist completely.

It is a painful truth that people that are chronically ill live very different lives despite our efforts. This world was not meant for those of us that cannot keep up...

Latest posts

Back