When just seeing someone affects your mood

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Restless soul

Reaction score
what do you call this? What part of disorder would this fall under. When you see certain people it affects your mood in a bad way ruins your day to the point where you feel you will have nothing but bad luck there after.

Why does it have to be a disorder?

Seriously, why are you so hell bent on having some kind of disorder. It's like you don't even care which one, as long as it's a disorder....

But, to answer your question. It's not a disorder. It's called, you let honeysuckle get in your way. Don't let something bother you and it won't.

TheRealCallie said:

Seriously, why are you so hell bent on having some kind of disorder.  It's like you don't even care which one, as long as it's a disorder....

But, to answer your question.  It's not a disorder.  It's called, you let honeysuckle get in your way.  Don't let something bother you and it won't.

Callie you win. I made a bet with myself that you would be the first to comment on my thread today. 🤗

Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:

Seriously, why are you so hell bent on having some kind of disorder.  It's like you don't even care which one, as long as it's a disorder....

But, to answer your question.  It's not a disorder.  It's called, you let honeysuckle get in your way.  Don't let something bother you and it won't.

Callie you win. I made a bet with myself that you would be the first to comment on my thread today. 🤗

Not hell bent. But when someone has such a thin skin. Easly effected my environment surroundings. Might be a sign of something more serious

TheRealCallie said:
I win twice.  I made a bet that you would come back with a smartass remark....

Oh yeah?? What a wise woman. You like me that much. I think you wait for me to post a thread so you can be first. And that is ok. I enjoy your company

TheRealCallie said:
No comment

Its like one big happy family here. Sometimes you seem to just want to jump right down my throat. What are there a few hundred active members here? So. I want some others to jump down my throat from time to time

It falls under the disorder of normal reactions while around other humans.

I'm sure this threesome looks better in your mind than it does in mine.

If it makes you feel any better, there's a person in my life that I see and it gives me visions of blood.

I'll echo this:

AmytheTemperamental said:

It's a perfectly valid statement and one should be concerned if they showed no reaction to things or people appearing in front of them.

If you feel like tearing your eyes out in the process of seeing a particular somebody, that is unhealthy of course. What's to be done? I'd say learn to let go of your negative fixation by focusing on something else or avoid seeing that person altogether. The only disorder that comes close in my mind is borderline personality disorder which encompasses "unstable emotions". It seems like a matter of emotional control at least. But to be honest, you don't want to be diagnosed with this just for shits and giggles.

Rodent said:
I'll echo this:

AmytheTemperamental said:

It's a perfectly valid statement and one should be concerned if they showed no reaction to things or people appearing in front of them.

If you feel like tearing your eyes out in the process of seeing a particular somebody, that is unhealthy of course. What's to be done? I'd say learn to let go of your negative fixation by focusing on something else or avoid seeing that person altogether. The only disorder that comes close in my mind is borderline personality disorder which encompasses "unstable emotions". It seems like a matter of emotional control at least. But to be honest, you don't want to be diagnosed with this just for shits and giggles.
Ah ha. But you said something interesting. If you avoid a certain individual because it might trigger some negative emotions. Can't that be classified as an avoidant personality type disorder?

Restless soul said:
Ah ha. But you said something interesting. If you avoid a certain individual because it might trigger some negative emotions. Can't that be classified as an avoidant personality type disorder?

...because of one or two select individuals whose sight is making your blood boil or makes you suicidal? Let's go for something more general. Would you avoid (looking at) a person coming at you on the sidewalk with a crazy look on their face, wearing a ragged trenchcoat and who keeps twitching nervously? Congratulations, now everyone suddenly has avoidant personality disorder because they get negative emotions such as fear, sadness or anger from looking at particular people.

I get the feeling that you want to diagnose yourself with an illness or condition and attribute your loneliness and social/ dating difficulties to that particular illness or condition. It also seems that you do not want to seek professional opinions because there's the chance that they will deny your claim.

You honestly sound like a normal dude but from my perspective, it sounds like you're trying to make yourself out to be ill or have a condition when you don't.

Latest posts

Back