In the meantime

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmilyFoxSeaton

Reaction score
So I would like to be with my great reliable friends tonight but that isn't going to happen. In fact I had one event today. My hair lady. It was 20 minutes and I was pretty annoyed by the end. She is just so odd and negative and bossy. I typically need the 6 weeks in-between just to recover. 

I was hoping I could start this thread for everyone who is alone and just wants to talk about how to do basic things..  I have been watching this movie on cable "how to be single" basically the movie is about, .... a girl learning how to be single. BASIC things like, she can't get her dress off by herself so she comes up with a contraption that she can unzip her own dress. 

Those kinds of things.

Just a "how to" - 
I feel like people wouldn't be so "lonely" if they had real options for these things that come up that typically require another. 

Also, if you don't want to do that.. anyone know any websites like this? So far I haven't been able to find them. I found one called "lone wolf" but it doesn't have a message board and seems odd since the website founders are a couple. Um... well...

videojug? its like a self improvement website but idk if its the same thing you're looking for? Youtube has some videos, Buzzfeed has similar articles.. some people feel tied down in relationship so "how to be single" is enjoying more freedom essentially I guess. I care more about friendships than relationships but from what Ive learned in life, friendships can be just as shallow/fake as relationships.. :/

c said:
videojug? its like a self improvement website but idk if its the same thing you're looking for? Youtube has some videos, Buzzfeed has similar articles.. some people feel tied down in relationship so "how to be single" is enjoying more freedom essentially I guess. I care more about friendships than relationships but from what Ive learned in life, friendships can be just as shallow/fake as relationships.. :/

Well thank you for that website but not exactly.  I would never get any information from Buzzfeed. 

For instance... I enjoy freedom but sometimes you do need someone. What happens then? I Mean if I could just rent a person and have that person be reliable... I think that is why people get trapped in bad relationships -- they just want someone available to them.

EmilyFoxSeaton said:
c said:

Well thank you for that website but not exactly.  I would never get any information from Buzzfeed. 

For instance... I enjoy freedom but sometimes you do need someone. What happens then? I Mean if I could just rent a person and have that person be reliable... I think that is why people get trapped in bad relationships -- they just want someone available to them.

That's called a handyman.  Find a good one and I swear 90% of your single lady problems will be solved, promise. :)

SofiasMami said:
That's called a handyman.  Find a good one and I swear 90% of your single lady problems will be solved, promise. :)

Um, wasn't thinking of that. Though frankly... I have tried to find them and they are all busy. I swear to god. Every person I contact to try to redo my basement is "busy". 

That said, I was thinking of colonosocpy duty. Riddle me that?

EmilyFoxSeaton said:
SofiasMami said:

Um, wasn't thinking of that. Though frankly... I have tried to find them and they are all busy. I swear to god. Every person I contact to try to redo my basement is "busy". 

That said, I was thinking of colonosocpy duty. Riddle me that?

Hmmm, so we went from needing help with zipping a dress to colonoscopy duty. Ok, lol. I can't tell what that means exactly but if you're looking for a ride after your sedated tube up your bum procedure, I'm certain there are services out there that can help. Maybe your doctor's office can refer you to a service, surely they have other patients with the same issue.

Maybe I'm misreading this, but I see lots of friends - who have far more friends - and they get all their basic stuff in life done via their circle of friends. I can't be bothered with the effort it would take to maintain that size a circle of friends, hence I have to either do things myself or pay someone to do it. Like if I want to go away and need someone to feed my cat - I have a few people, buy my friends have dozens of people. Is that the conversation?

PS79 said:
Maybe I'm misreading this, but I see lots of friends - who have far more friends - and they get all their basic stuff in life done via their circle of friends.  I can't be bothered with the effort it would take to maintain that size a circle of friends, hence I have to either do things myself or pay someone to do it.  Like if I want to go away and need someone to feed my cat - I have a few people, buy my friends have dozens of people.  Is that the conversation?

No specifically I want to know how you get someone to feed your cat. Do you use a service / internet/ how much do you pay.  Concrete information for singles to use. A central place for singles to look.  I wish there was a website for people who wanted to be alone. 

So I also have to get someone for my cat if I want to go away. When I originally first did this I went to a "cat vet" in the area and asked for their recommendations. And I would recommend that.  I got someone named Pet Nana who was so excellent.

I see, a very valid point. I recently found out that local butchers do fresh '1 person' portions of meals like stir fry - far more healthy than the store version and cheaper than buying ingredients that eventually go to waste. If there was a site that was a single persons resource it'd be great

Latest posts

Back