I want to die. I don't know what to do

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MentatsGhoul said:
ardour said:
Knowing that it will sound half-arsed and condescending I think a lot of what you described -superficial connections, friends who don't seem compatible (but there's no-one else), sudden depression and anxiety over what's ahead- are commonly experienced by people in their early 20s.  

Maybe you already tried this, but you might want to consider supplements such as 5- HTP (Serotonin) which help regulate mood, make it easier to  sleep. They don't work like antidepressants and it helped for me.

Actually I think that's fair enough, coupled with already being someone prone to depression.

As for supplements... never looked into it. Perhaps I'll do some research.
Ardour is right - there are several supplements that can help. I think they are more suited to mild depression or mild mood swings/disorders. If you have anything more severe, consider talking to your doctor about the possibility of medication if the supplements don't help.

Idiots like Incognita are the exact reason I stopped using these forums years ago. I though I'd look again, and the second thread I read from someone who's clearly in a desperate state, has that Incognita fool putting the OP down and making them feel worse. People like that should be banned from these forums. It's people like Incognita that have stopped me using this forum, and also a few others I've used to try and get support from people who I thought would be understanding. Unfortunately there is no reasoning with such people, they are rude and stubborn and full of themselves, and have no moral compass at all. They prey on innocent decent people and take their own frustrations out on others. Maybe it's their own form of self-therapy.

To the OP - I know how you feel and it's tough. I can't offer you much help as I'm not an expert, but I'll just suggest listening to some music. That does help me when I'm very low. Also mixing in the world, just walking around, catching a bus, just being around people. All the best to you.

I won't follow this thread or add any more, so Incognita can complain to be as much as they like and I shall never read it. I have enough problems without idiots like that making it worse.

It's a shame my first post here in a very long time has to be this, but that's life I guess.

Take care everyone.

The post by Incognita was already addressed by a moderation. It would be greatly appreciated if people would recognize that and leave it alone, there is no need to keep on about it. Also, Zackarydoo the name calling is uncalled for and isn't any better than what Incognita did. Two wrongs don't make a right. It does nothing to help and only serves to make things worse. If we were to ban Incognita for her comment we'd have to do the same to for name calling.

Sci-Fi said:
The post by Incognita was already addressed by a moderation. It would be greatly appreciated if people would recognize that and leave it alone, there is no need to keep on about it.  Also, Zackarydoo the name calling is uncalled for and isn't any better than what Incognita did.  Two wrongs don't make a right.  It does nothing to help and only serves to make things worse.  If we were to ban Incognita for her comment we'd have to do the same to for name calling.

Why do you scold members who complan about people who behave badly here? That's backwards. You need to scold incognito and her ilk, not people who raise their hand and point out the poor behavior.

SofiasMami said:
Sci-Fi said:
The post by Incognita was already addressed by a moderation. It would be greatly appreciated if people would recognize that and leave it alone, there is no need to keep on about it.  Also, Zackarydoo the name calling is uncalled for and isn't any better than what Incognita did.  Two wrongs don't make a right.  It does nothing to help and only serves to make things worse.  If we were to ban Incognita for her comment we'd have to do the same to for name calling.

Why do you scold members who complan about people who behave badly here? That's backwards. You need to scold incognito and her ilk, not people who raise their hand and point out the poor behavior.

I understand your concern, but you need to stop thinking you can tell how to moderate here. You're not any part of that. If you have an issue, then you should go the route of PMing one of us with the concern.

SofiasMami said:
Sci-Fi said:

The remark was already addressed by a moderator that was my point which is exactly what I said. I was not scolding someone for complaining about them I was addressing their remarks which is pretty clear since I replied to exactly what they said. Stop trying to twist what I say just because you have a grudge. Take it elsewhere.

MentatsGhoul, I don't completely understand your situation, though I can say that I have experienced similar chronic depression. I too began to be depressed at 14, and began thinking suicidal thoughts at 15. I had suicidal thoughts nearly every day from then on until I was in my late twenties. I am 29, and only recently have overcome the suicidal thinking, though I still have depression. What I can say from this is that what helped me most was a friend that I had never met in person being a consistently reliable friend when I needed him. I think that maybe if you try to find one really good friend you can trust it will help a lot.

Please don't linger by the ledge at your university or any other places where you have been tempted to do suicidal actions at. I can't even overlook high places anymore due to my fear of a sudden suicidal impulse. I wish that I could offer you more help.

I feel like if you are already at rock bottom, then you might as well wait and see if things get better, you might as well keep trying things if you feel it can't get much worse. I feel like you shouldn't quit, because you never know when you might figure it all out. It could be years like you said, but it still might happen. If you quit early, you'll definitely get nothing, and you'll never know how much better it could have been. I feel like in most cases, it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Keep fighting the good fight MentatsGhoul. You never know when things might turn around. It might sound like an empty platitude and I've definitely felt hopeless before, I still deal with those feelings often. But I also know I've been wrong about some of those feelings before too, and things could have been better.

Incognita said:
Minus said:
Incognita said:
the best therapy for you is stop whining

That is not helpful and isn't needed here.

then what is helpful??? Telling him what he wants to hear....He is not even depressed or ill. Just wants some attention since he cant get it anywhere else.  Make a thread for big cry babies grown men separate from depression

maybe if he whines less he ll get a woman

Given that she doesn't know MentatsGoul, I wonder how incognita distinguishes legitimate depression from "whining manbabies looking for attention". Genuinely depressed people don't complain? Or maybe it's the perceived status of the person that determines whether complaints are valid?

Latest posts

Back