Does anyone else experience this?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EveWasFramed

Reaction score
My entire life, I've always noticed discrepancies. Even as a child, I would notice things that were "off" or didn't make any sense. This has often lead to issues for me, because when I notice something, I can't seem to let it go until I figure out whats wrong/out of place. It's especially caused me problems when I've noticed things that shouldn't be. Specifically, at work (several jobs I've had) and with relationships. No one likes to be "caught" doing anything wrong, especially in the work place. I have never been able to learn how to ignore the oddities I notice. I'm not sure if it's an OCD tendancy or if there is some other reason I feel the need to sleuth out any discrepancy I see. 
A number of times, I've been called suspicious. Most of those times, I was proved correct about my suspicions. Seems like the very thing that makes me good at my job, is also what gets me into trouble. If there is a thread, Im GOING to pull on it until I find the end of it. 
Anyone else have this problem?

Yes. For as long as I can remember I've noticed what I called "..out-of-balanceness.." with some people and between some people in their relationships. And with myself too and in my relationships. It's like seeing a wheel rolling along but it's bent in one place so there's always a wobble.

Actually, that perception has saved me from a few bad situations....something felt wrong and I trusted the feeling so I stayed away. In school it saved me from a few bullies and a few parasitic people.

constant stranger said:
Yes.  For as long as I can remember I've noticed what I called "..out-of-balanceness.." with some people and between some people in their relationships.  And with myself too and in my relationships.  It's like seeing a wheel rolling along but it's bent in one place so there's always a wobble.

Actually, that perception has saved me from a few bad situations....something felt wrong and I trusted the feeling so I stayed away.  In school it saved me from a few bullies and a few parasitic people.

I have to admit that I've ended a few budding relationships because of things I've noticed. Usually I could find something concrete to support my suspicions. On occasion, I couldn't, but I listened to my inner voice telling me something wasn't right. I'm sure some people have thought I was nuts, but I've learned to trust the things I notice that don't seem right to me.

Could you guys give me some lessons please. I tend to overlook that sort of thing Eve and have paid the price more than once.
You said it was a problem for you, Imo it's a talent/virtue :)

Hey Eve,

I've grown up needing to be very intune with my environment in order to escape trouble before it found me and as a result have learned to read situations with often uncanny clarity, it never takes me long to figure out if someone is being sincere, trying to please me or wants something from me. Still I've burned myself by ignoring my instinct because I wanted to believe it was real, eventhough everything screamed at me to get out of that situation.

I get where you're coming from but tend to be the opposite, I leave the thread alone if it doesn't concern me in a personal matter (think colleagues, extended family).

Like Jently said it's a talent/virtue, just try to apply it in the right circumstances because even if you get it right, you'll not get any thanks most of the time.

MisterLonely said:
Hey Eve,

I've grown up needing to be very intune with my environment in order to escape trouble before it found me and as a result have learned to read situations with often uncanny clarity, it never takes me long to figure out if someone is being sincere, trying to please me or wants something from me. Still I've burned myself by ignoring my instinct because I wanted to believe it was real, eventhough everything screamed at me to get out of that situation.

I get where you're coming from but tend to be the opposite, I leave the thread alone if it doesn't concern me in a personal matter (think colleagues, extended family).

Like Jently said it's a talent/virtue, just try to apply it in the right circumstances because even if you get it right, you'll not get any thanks most of the time.
lol well that's my problem - I can't NOT pull the string! It's why I thought it might have been related to some of my OCD tendencies. I don't have full blown OCD, but so have a number of the tendencies.

EveWasFramed said:
MisterLonely said:
Hey Eve,

lol well that's my problem - I can't NOT pull the string! It's why I thought it might have been related to some of my OCD tendencies. I don't have full blown OCD, but so have a number of the tendencies.

Strong moral compass I'd say, it's when doing the "right" thing gets you in trouble, wouldn't call it an OCD, more off a character trait, i'll leave it up to you to decide wether it's a good or bad one though ;)

MisterLonely said:
EveWasFramed said:
MisterLonely said:
Hey Eve,

Strong moral compass I'd say, it's when doing the "right" thing gets you in trouble, wouldn't call it an OCD, more off a character trait, i'll leave it up to you to decide wether it's a good or bad one though ;)

I think you might be right on that. It's very difficult for me to ignore things that are wrong - even when I know it's going to get me into trouble (for example my recent stepchild issues). 
I have enough issues as it is - I don't need to add a guilty conscience to that.

Just because you see a road and can follow that road, doesn't mean you 'should' follow that road.

;)

bleed_the_freak said:
Just because you see a road and can follow that road, doesn't mean you 'should' follow that road.

;)

Lol...kind of like just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD?? :D

Latest posts

Back