How to be positive in the presence of enemies?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebeskii

Reaction score
Last semester, my patience and resilience levels got incredibly stretched as my horrendous roommate drove me real serious insane at least twice and tortured me. I really can not express how fully I got to detest him bit by bit over the time when all I tried was to understand where his line of thoughts and views came from.

He is Muslim, religious, egotistic, objectifying women, mentally abusive and got some very serious anger issues. Coming from a very peaceful family and Christian background. I had many serious both cultural and social differences and issues. Basically I got to be controlled by him in the end, because I gave up almost all of my rights for the sake of peace in the room. Any little word directed toward him meant such a serious clash and strife even in the right tone and attitude from me. I already had 3 serious clashes with him. 

Talking on phone for 2 hours loud and laughing in the same room in Arabic around 3AM. Being extremely dirty in the room while using all of my stuff like his. No wonder he became an enemy of mine. So much more to say but I do no event want to remember more now. Very serious bad blood with him now.

Thankfully I am changing my room in two days before he comes back from his country. I asked him on facebook when he would come back and give him the some kind of key he left. No answer. Not even seen. What do I do now ?? Most of all, I still have chances of seeing him around the university or in the dormitory which I do not even want it to happen at all as an occasion. His fellow close Middle Eastern students eye me sometimes when I am just living my own life as a college student. I guess they talk how all Asian students are shitty or something

You won't be able to completely avoid these people. Perhaps try to predict their activities to some degree and keep a step ahead. You will get a lot of satisfaction from keeping in front, but direct conflict will not be beneficial I doubt.

Give the key to the dorm coordinator, RA, office or equivalent, send another post on Facebook telling your former roommate where he can pick up the key from, then forget his very existence (it doesent matter if or when the message is read, that's not your problem). Personalities like this are not appeased through submission, if you are unable to stand up to him and tell him to F off if you see him, then do your best to avoid him.

Lacrecia said:
From which country is he coming ?

Morocco. He is the first Moroccan I met and he did an amazing job for me to dislike his nation now because of himself

Okay. I just focus on my next steps, next goals, and next semesters. My life is all too meaningful and precious to not get distracted by temporary people like him. That is what I thought. I will try to remember him by his positive traits as I also had to chance to see those and forget him sooner or later.

One person doesn't represent an entire nation. When it comes to people who you detest or can't stand best thing to do is just ignore them and continue on living your life as if you never met them. If you ever have to interact with them out of your control it's good to just be civil and be "the bigger person".

Bebeskii said:
Lacrecia said:

Morocco. He is the first Moroccan I met and he did an amazing job for me to dislike his nation now because of himself

Okay. I just focus on my next steps, next goals, and next semesters. My life is all too meaningful and precious to not get distracted by temporary people like him. That is what I thought. I will try to remember him by his positive traits as I also had to chance to see those and forget him sooner or later.

Can't deny, their women are wonderful.

Amy <3

Bebeskii said:
Lacrecia said:

A Moroccan! how interesting. I agree with you. Our men are loud, and dirty, and pretty arrogant (etc etc etc). However, you are being unfair for disliking a whole nation because one person was mean (?) to you since  you disliked me as well when I haven't even done anything to you. I was disliked just because an ******* (if such is the case) was being himself with you.

So fresia you

Bizarrely enough, I opened this thread hoping to find advice for dealing with my loud, nasty, arrogant Christian co-workers, who are bigoted against all Muslims. Oh well, I guess the crusades are still going on. Feel free to kill each other just please, wait til I leave the room before you start. :-(

Jerasmussen said:
Bizarrely enough, I opened this thread hoping to find advice for dealing with my loud, nasty, arrogant Christian co-workers, who are bigoted against all Muslims.  Oh well, I guess the crusades are still going on.  Feel free to kill each other just please, wait til I leave the room before you start.  :-(

Stay strong. That's what the rest of us have to do.

Alright, this thread is done. I was going to just issue a warning but after seeing the remarks made I think it's better to just close it instead. And to those who resorted to name calling, you should know better and consider this a warning. Don't be doing it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back