Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Naleena said:
I think it might be cool to have a thread where you can ask women thier opinions on dating or relationship issues :) Soooo...ask away!

Girls, I'll start this.
1.What are some of the behaviors that you find attractive in a man on a date?
2. What are some behaviors you don't like on a date?

1. For me, I like it when they rush to hold the door open and when they offer thier jacket to you when it's cold. You know they are cold but, would rather see you warm : ) I guess, I like the feeling of being cared for.

2. NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING turns me off anymore than going on a date and seeing a man be rude to a waitress or someone helping us. There was one man I went out on a date with who was a very intelligent and sucessful man. We double dated with a friend of mine and he was angry that the waiter hadn't made it round. He ordered drinks and then said, "Hurry it up" to the waiter. His tone was rude and my friend and I looked at each other. He didn't get another date. Nothing he could have said or done that evening would have made up for what he did. You can tell a lot by a person by looking at how they treat others-especially others that that person can't gain anything from. I don't care how much money a man has, or how good he looks or how sucessful he is; if he treats someone badly, especially someone in a service field, I wouldn't give him the time of day. It's not what a man has, it's how he acts that impresses me.

Naleena said:
Naleena said:
I think it might be cool to have a thread where you can ask women thier opinions on dating or relationship issues :) Soooo...ask away!

Girls, I'll start this.
1.What are some of the behaviors that you find attractive in a man on a date?
2. What are some behaviors you don't like on a date?

1 and 2.. That he is well groomed. He does not have nose hair sticking out or hair sticking out of his ears lol. He is pleasing to the eye. He has a good sense of humor and he makes me laugh. He is genuinely polite and not one of those fake polite guys, he is polite to everyone, including the dorky guy who tries to sell us roses while we are having dinner lol. I like him to talk about his job and his life and things that fascinate him. I don't like him to brag what a catch he is, that's a turn off and shows insecurity on his side. I also don't like him telling me bad things about his ex-wife or his ex-girlfriend. Red flag. I also don't like men telling me they want a family on the first date, that is totally fake and means he is trying to get me into bed. Everyone checks out a handsome or beautiful person passing by, but staring at some girls breasts or ass while he is having dinner with me is a no no. Him dropping me back home after the dinner is good manners,forcing his way to go upstairs after the dinner is not.

ClosetGeek said:
1 and 2.. That he is well groomed. He does not have nose hair sticking out or hair sticking out of his ears lol.

She's right fellas, need to catch them strays...lol

ClosetGeek said:
He is pleasing to the eye. He has a good sense of humor and he makes me laugh.

I like it when they are funny and find them adorable when they at least TRY to be funny :)

ClosetGeek said:
I also don't like him telling me bad things about his ex-wife or his ex-girlfriend. Red flag.

Yep!! I go from date mode (wanna get to know this man) to therapist. It's hard to get into a man who you are trying to help out. It would be different on subsequent dates but NEVER is it good on a first date or even a second or third! It screams I'm not ready to move on.

Naleena said:
ClosetGeek said:
1 and 2.. That he is well groomed. He does not have nose hair sticking out or hair sticking out of his ears lol.

She's right fellas, need to catch them strays...lol

ClosetGeek said:
He is pleasing to the eye. He has a good sense of humor and he makes me laugh.

I like it when they are funny and find them adorable when they at least TRY to be funny :)

ClosetGeek said:
I also don't like him telling me bad things about his ex-wife or his ex-girlfriend. Red flag.

Yep!! I go from date mode (wanna get to know this man) to therapist. It's hard to get into a man who you are trying to help out. It would be different on subsequent dates but NEVER is it good on a first date or even a second or third! It screams I'm not ready to move on.

OOOHHH NO!

I might as well have nose hair coming out of my ears!
I could never be pleasing to the eyes.:(
It's a good thing I have a great big pen--sion.:p
Maybe I can buy some lov'in.
Get your mind out of the gutter. LOL

Yupe. I'm not pleasant to any girl :) Don't look as good as it needed, have no positive interesting stories, can't joking (besides stupid jokes ofcourse), nothing to tell about my work, nothing special at all. I'm thinking positive nowadays, still have no positive stories or something that can interest in me.

So what I need to do in this case ?

- I'm not good looking and i won't do plastic surgery to fix it.
+ I have positive attitude
- Have no interesting POSITIVE stories.

Girls just don't want to go out with me and I completely understand them.....but...I want a girl...and through some time a wife....kids. I want to be with someone who likes me for who I am and I like that person too.

well... if he say he wants marriage on the first date...isn't that a sign he's not interested ?
Unless he's a total lunatic.

If she say she wants marriage, if we're just dating...I'd think she was trying to rid of me
or she's a lunatic too.lol

Okay..may i ask ? what dose single women want to talk about asside from their ex-bf on the first day.?lol
I know we're suppost to remain interested...Obviousely girls don't want to talk about baseball.lol
I'm totally clueless in subject that pretains to women shoes..but i am a good listener though.

My mama didn't raised me that bad...
Chivalry is not dead.

Lonesome Crow said:
I know we're suppost to remain interested...Obviousely girls don't want to talk about baseball.lol
I'm totally clueless in subject that pretains to women shoes..but i am a good listener though.

well, coming from a woman who isn't "normal" I can tell you what I like. On the first date, I like to learn about that person, even if he likes baseball! I usually ask a lot of questions about what the guy is interested in...lol I love learning new things. I also like to hear personal stories! And I even like to be silly....lol If a man can get silly with me, thats great!!!! I like to hear about what their goals are in life and at some point, I'm really hoping to have some kind of heart to heart connection. While all these other things are great to learn about, I really CRAVE something deeper, something REAL. I love someone who can make me think and stimulate my mind with ideas.
I like talking about philosophical questions and whatever a person is passionate about. I like a man with convictions, who is open minded and not afraid to say what he thinks. I sometimes throw out things to see how open he can be. If I see he is not on that level, I back away. The usual reasons that I don't go back out is if they showed bad behavior or if they weren't on my "level." Now that doesn't mean I am judgeing my "level" as better than anyone else because no one is better than another person. It simply means that the levels are DIFFERENT and I have found it hard to find someone as different as I am. I want a man just like me...lol I don't like opposites. :)

SunWeb said:
So what I need to do in this case ?

- I'm not good looking and i won't do plastic surgery to fix it.
+ I have positive attitude
- Have no interesting POSITIVE stories.

Have you thought about making some positive stories? Maybe go out and try new things. Visit some place thats interesting. Make memories! : )

Well, for me the dating scene has pretty much been over for the past 12 years, but I do remember what I liked in a guy on a date. Well groomed is definitely a plus. I like a guy to look and smell clean.

Personality is a big thing too. I love to laugh and need someone who can make me smile. I love to talk about likes and dislikes. I find a good old fashioned game of 20 questions (in a sense of course) really helps to find out more about someone. If they don't like alot of the things I like, then it's a red flag for me. They really do have to want to go camping and fishing to make me look any further at this. He also has to know how to cook. Women love a good cook and someone who likes to dole out the romance (flowers, compliments, open doors (duh), be a gentleman). Of course, every woman is different and I'm definitely on the odd side. But, being yourself is all you need to be. That, and don't be so eager to get that kiss or hop in bed (it's a real turn-off).

okay...Nalee, let says you're on the first date with a guy and lets say he notice your pentagram...lol
But he's open minded and not to make quick judgements of wheather ur a good witch or a bad witch.lmao.
So how would he go about decifering if Ur his twin soulmate without you thinking he's a loon or you casting a
spell on him. I guess if you like him...he'd be in a trance and won't remember nutting in the morning.lol

Lonesome Crow said:
okay...Nalee, let says you're on the first date with a guy and lets say he notice your pentagram...lol
But he's open minded and not to make quick judgements of wheather ur a good witch or a bad witch.lmao.

RFLMAO!!! Your a funny guy! I don't wear pentagrams...lol I would if the mood struck me though :) My daughter bought me a nice one that I keep in view. I love a lot of things about the celtic pagan religion and wicca. It's a very beautiful and respectful spirituality that recognizes the divine feminine and male aspects and also incoporates respect for nature, the earth and the cycles of life. Any spiritual ceremonies I do is for myself and I don't belive in putting spells on people....lol You should never manipulate another person. EVER.

So how would he go about decifering if Ur his twin soulmate without you thinking he's a loon or you casting a
spell on him.
How would he know if I was his soulmate? He would know that intuitively. It's a connection- a knowing, a deep feeling. Things fall into place. I think that person recognizes you on a deep level.
Maybe it's like, looking into your own eyes when you look into hers.
The deep calls unto the deep and like attracts like. At least that's how I imagine it to be. : )

I think soul mates are very much alike and they have a purpose for being together. They help each other become better people : )
They have common goals and interests. They are best friends and lovers.

I guess if you like him...he'd be in a trance and won't remember nutting in the morning.lol

LOL!!!! I hope I'm not THAT boring that he wouldn't remember anything in the morning...lol!!

I live with three women...from three different generations. I get enough opinions and info from them...lol

Naleena said:
Have you thought about making some positive stories? Maybe go out and try new things. Visit some place thats interesting. Make memories! : )
That is the main problem. In my life, whatever I did .... it was doomed in the end. Had a lot of hobbies back days but all of them were rather crippy rather crappy. Was in lots of places that was interesting for me but wouldn't be to her.

So, may I ask you ? If you would talk to me what stories do u want to hear ? where should I go/do to earn girl attention ? What do you like the most ? I bet you dated with a lot of guys and they told you planty of stories, so what/about what stories you like more than others.

Why is it that most women fall for the outlaw, badboy, cares more about how their hair looks than your feelings type guys? Knowing you will be cast aside when a new (toy) comes along. I see these guys treat a woman like honeysuckle and then watch the woman cry like a baby when she is cast aside.
Only then will she "settle" for a guy like most of us here, the loving, caring, want to spoil you but not too pleasing to the eyes type.

Why are we always last when you say we offer what you want?:(

*Ghost shaves Fabio's head in his sleep*:p

Sorry. I guess I killed this thread.:(

It's just that I see so many wonderful women fall for and stay with the most horrible men.
It hurts to see this because I think all women should be respected as a person and not something a man owns.

Why would the woman be upset if a guy like that left her?

SunWeb said:
So, may I ask you ? If you would talk to me what stories do u want to hear ?

Well, if I remeber correctly, your Asian. If you wren't born here, then I would love to hear about your country and how you lived. I did date an Asian man for a while and he was from Lao. He would tell me about his country and the dangers he faced and it was very interesting.

where should I go/do to earn girl attention ?
To earn attention? I'm not quite sure I understand the question. Maybe you could rephrase it?

What do you like the most ? I bet you dated with a lot of guys and they told you planty of stories, so what/about what stories you like more than others.
I like stories that are real and meaningful. Everyone is interesting and has a story to tell as far as I am concerend but, I am different. I don't need to hear things to impress me, I just like hearing things that are real. And you know, SunWeb, sometimes it takes a good listener and someone who can ask questions to draw that out of someone. If you ever find yourself in a place where you don't know what to do, start asking questions! People love to talk about themselves.

This may not have been helpful...lol I tell you what. Will you go on a chat date with me? I never ask men on dates, not even chat dates soooo..consider this a one of a kind offer from me...lol You can practice your social skills of talking and I can ask you questions and give you feedback about what you tell me. We can talk for about an hour if you have the time. You will be surprised how easy it will be :)
Let me know, ok?

Hmm i can possibly help answer a bit of that one as i've had my share of bad boys

But i've always left them once i've woken up
But i still hold a torch for many of them

We fall for them because certain ones of us are attracted to the magnatism and spontinaity, but mainly because we want to be the ones to tame them. to some women that is the ultimate ego boost, to know that many others women have been here but 'He's mine now' and 'I'll be able to keep him/ tame him'
How absoultely ridiculous....but very true
You'll often find that the bad boys are narcissistic/ psychopathic etc (trust me i know) and this makes them incredibly charming and clever, and manipulative and controlling but you don't find out the 2nd bit until you are trapped

I'm ranting
lol

The big no-no's for me now from men are
-lack self confidence (i'm not here to fix you)
-no drive (i'm not here to support you)
-sit and moan about life without trying to do anything
-not interested in getting to know me,
-just want arm candy/ ego boost

it's like therapy this place lmao x

Latest posts

Back