Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nicolelt said:
wallflower79 said:
I don't really message many of my matches in online dating apps, mostly because I get overwhelmed chatting with so many people at once. But I don't do a lot of swiping either. Once I start talking to someone, I tend to focus my attention on them.

This ^

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that women receive more messages than men on dating sites. It is overwhelming. I would get like 20 messages and 17 would just say "Hey" and then 2 would say something disgusting, and then I would have 1 conversation starter. Replying to all of the "heys" was tiring.

I don't blame you for throwing the disgusting ones out right away, and I don't know why anyone would think talking like that will work.  But I think part of the reason for all of the "heys" is that a lot of people don't fill out their profiles very well, and because of that, it's hard to really start a conversation with them.  There aren't any likes, interests, thoughts, ideas, or opinions to go on, let alone to know if any of them are mutual or interesting.  There isn't even any indicator of the person's personality, how they think or talk, and so on. You have to hope there are some clues in the pictures, but if there aren't, it's hard to find a good starting point. Sometimes people say that they don't want to say too much because they fear they won't have anything to talk about, but it's also hard to talk about when people essentially make others guess what they are interested in by not saying much. Personally I would fill in more details instead of less, because that increases the chances of finding common ground right away.

Obviously, I mainly look at women's profiles and I see this a lot.  And while I don't look at men's as much - only to get an idea of the competition - I'm sure there's a lot of guys who also neglect to fill their profiles out.  I think it's a people issue instead of a gender one - everyone's lazy!

I‘m not bothered. Let’s be honest, most of us would look much better with hair. And there are women for whom it doesn’t seem to be a problem. It's just the blatant double standards around preferences.

What if your boyfriend were to start going bald, Rainbows? Around 40% of men are balding by 35.

ardour said:
I‘m not bothered. Let’s be honest, most of us would look much better with hair. And there are women for whom it doesn’t seem to be a problem. It's just the blatant double standards around preferences.

What if your boyfriend were to start going bald, Rainbows? Around 40% of men are balding by 35.

Cry :(

edit: lmao - I don't know. I'm NOT 35 YET SHSHS

Well, I probably will be, I already started balding in some areas, though I hide it real well. When it truly DOES start however, I'm not going to be like my dad and have ONE small spot of hair sticking on a forehead (you know, the kind you see on him everytime and you just keep pestering him "Dad, I want to CUT that thing, come on, say yes, by JOVE!"). I'm going to shave the whole **** thing, although I'm hesitating between full bald and the Patrick Stewart "I'm a wise British man with a deep sexy voice" crown. Already have the French accent a bit, so I could totally make that work ;-)

While we're on the subject, is that an important factor for women? A lot of hair, bald? What about other body parts, hairy or not hairy?

Latest posts

Back