Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd prefer a man with some experience because I'd be scared and awkward and I imagine he'd know what to do.

But I wouldn't turn a guy down for being a virgin. That might be a different adventure, figuring things put together.

how important are finances in a relationship from a woman's standpoint. is it no money no honey? i never considered myself ready to be in a relationship being that i only work at the theaters. that's why i'm going to college so i can pursue a career in education.

Azariah said:
how important are finances in a relationship from a woman's standpoint. is it no money no honey? i never considered myself ready to be in a relationship being that i only work at the theaters. that's why i'm going to college so i can pursue a career in education.

I don't feel money is hugely important.  I don't expect to be taken care of, but I also don't want to have to take care of someone else, since I'm already taking care of myself and my two kids.  
If you're working or trying to get a job, chances are extremely high it won't matter to me if you have a low paying job or are momentarily unemployed. 
Just my opinion, of course.

Most women I've met, when talking about dating, stress the fact they want to go out with someone who preferably lives on their own AND has a job. Though some of them discarded that when meeting someone with the "it" factor (love at first sight type of BS and all that jazz). Although mileage may vary between each individual, you'll find some women for whom money is vastly more important, others who dont give two pounds of flying monkey crap.
Im my experience though, women have no idea how to handle money and I end up paying all the time. Although I wouldnt judge if this is something common or just my poor tastes in mate selection.

At what age do women think a man should be independent these days. I know the younger the better but I'm 28 and sad to say still living with my parents. But I know other twenty eight year olds still living at home with mom and pa. Can't wait to move out.

Azariah said:
At what age do women think a man should be independent these days. I know the younger the better but I'm 28 and sad to say still living with my parents. But I know other twenty eight year olds still living at home with mom and pa. Can't wait to move out.

It's not so much about where you live as it is about being able to take care of yourself.  Do you buy your own food?  Do you help out where your live?  Do you buy your own basic necessities? Etc etc.

Azariah said:

I like to say times are different. 20 years ago that would have seemed weird or a turnoff maybe, but considering the rising cost of life, or the whole caretaker deal or just school costs. Im noy a girl to say, but that wouldnt necessarily weight in it for me. Hell, I had to go back a spell at your age for a few months.

It's what money provides that's important - a decent place to live, being able to eat out a lot, travel etc. People on my facebook feed seem to be documenting every meal or trip out with their SOs as if it were the apex of their lives.

ardour said:
It's what money provides that's important - a decent place to live, being able to eat out a lot, travel etc. People facebook feed seem to be documenting every meal or trip out with their SOs as if it were the apex of their lives.

financial security for the future and proof of self reliance, not required for women.

eh... that culture is changing a bit but males are still more forgiving.

ardour said:
It's what money provides that's important -  a decent place to live,  being able to eat out a lot, travel etc. People on my facebook feed seem to be documenting every meal or trip out with their SOs as if it were the apex of their lives.

To be fair, I think that last bit is more of a need for people to use facebook as an extension of their lives or enjoying being the center of attention. Because, personally, reading stuff like that on my friend feed, I'm real happy for you, but...I don't really give a shnit. Ya know? If I went out with a nice girl in a fancy resto, I'll likely keep it between me and her. Doubt a friend from college would care much.

Azariah said:

Depends. If my salary reaches a point where I could take care of myself and my partner, his finances won't matter. But at this point, as long as he makes enough to take care of his bills/needs and works to save for the future (I do the same), I'd be happy.

Azariah said:

I don't have issues with people living with their parents as long as they are responsible (pull their weight at home, contribute to household expenses, pay for their own needs). I live with my family and I prefer it (less lonely, get to take care of my parents in their old age). But if I meet someone I am serious about, I would like for us to live on our own so his finances should be able to sustain that. I work very hard (sometimes with two jobs) and I expect the same level of responsibility from a potential mate.

Xpendable said:
What if they can't work full time?

Depends on a lot of factors. Personally, I'm unlikely to develop strong feelings for someone who doesn't share my views on responsibility and working hard. So assuming the guy is constantly trying to earn a decent living, is making compromises and sacrifices to better his life and yet somehow doesn't get the break, then I'd be willing to make it work with him even if it's not ideal.

What about an average 9-5 person without any major plans or goals, just goes to work to support themselves?

ardour said:
What about an average 9-5 person without any major plans or goals, just goes to work to support themselves?

I think that's being responsible and independent enough. But if things work out and we want to say, get a nice house/travel/have children etc, then it would make sense for him (and me) to find ways to make more money. Of course, we may not want to, and seek only companionship from one another, in which case making more wouldn't be necessary.

ardour said:

If I were dating a person with no major plans or goals, I would likely encourage them at some point to find some goals and plans.  As for the job, as long as it pays the bills (his bills, not mine), I don't see anything wrong with that.

ardour said:

I think this would be easy to work with, personally.

ardour said:
It's what money provides that's important -  a decent place to live,  being able to eat out a lot, travel etc. People on my facebook feed seem to be documenting every meal or trip out with their SOs as if it were the apex of their lives.

Those people won't have retirements.

Latest posts

Back