Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jokeshopbeard said:
My experience has been quite different. As somebody who talks to anyone, anywhere, I find that the younger and more attractive a female, the more likely she will assume off the bat that you're trying to hit on her. Therefore, insta-shield.

I can't blame them, given how many douchebags will actually be hitting on them (statistically, it's about 20% of men doing 80% of the cold approaches). I think I'd be pretty **** guarded if I had to deal with that all the time too.

Honestly, it depends on the situation and where the guy's eyes are gravitating toward.  If you're polite and looking at my face, not my ass or boobs, I won't assume you want to hit on me.  If you are looking at those places and making stupid comments, yeah, going to assume that.

Jokeshopbeard said:
Of course there are exceptions to every rule, but it still stands that it's tricky to cold approach an attractive female as a male.

I honestly wouldn't be able to do it if I was a man.

Xpendable said:
Do you like that a man has a talent or you like him for the effect that talent creates in others?

I think the effect is more of a superficial view of that talents effect on you. I think if you have admiration for the talent it's hard not to have it also for the effect you see it having in others. Unless it's music, cuz I'd be pissed by groupies if my guy had any. haha

Me neither, I've never done a cold approach with the intention of anything more than starting a friendly conversation.

However, for obvious reasons, I've been treated as though I had ulterior motives.

DarkSelene said:
I think the effect is more of a superficial view of that talents effect on you. I think if you have admiration for the talent it's hard not to have it also for the effect you see it having in others. Unless it's music, cuz I'd be pissed by groupies if my guy had any. haha

No musician worth the weight of their own instrument is actually banging groupies, and if they are they aren't worth the weight of their instrument. I can say this as a single man who is a musician that's done my fair share of being on the road. Can it happen? Yeah. Is it likely to happen? No. And if it does happen: Drop his stupidass. Especially if he's over the age of 22 or 23.

Xpendable said:
only rock stars bang groupies

Not if they actually want to get paid and keep their **** money they don't. Trust me, I've done almost 40 shows across the U.S. and hit nearly every state, there's a science to it...granted, it's a messed up science, a social science (hence a messed up science) but it is a science never the less. That's just more money and more resources that a "rock star" would have to pour out than what's really worth. If you're doing this honeysuckle from the ground up through the social networking system wherein it's not "really" an actual business...then okay yeah, you can, choose to stick your dick in whatever rat-infested hole you feel like...but if you consider the fact that it's ALREADY going to cost you the brunt (if not all) of your income tax money, than it's really, REALLY not worth it to even waste the time on. UNLESS of course, you're a cocky sonofabitch that doesn't know honeysuckle from honeysuckle, which is, unfortunately the typical stereotype of most "rock stars." Thus, there is a difference between a starving artist that's just a starving artist, and a starving artist that's a starving (likely infected) artist. The road can get ugly, I've seen it get ugly, but we're really not all actually "that way" ...this isn't the 80's anymore, and all that teased out hair, makeup, and spandex sucked ass anyway.

What if any is your opinion on men with tattoos?Do you think they make men look sexier or more masculine or are they just a big turn off.Do you think they help or hinder men in the dating game? Have you dated a man with tatoos .Also  without googling what do you think tatoos signified in ancient times? Any other views or opinions would be great....and if ok male views equally welcome.

I like tattoos on men. 
I think it amplifies that masculine tone. I’ve never seen tattoos as a bad thing, but I don’t mind men without either. I’m not that into the full body inc but I do like sleeves. 
Got a funny story about that. I met someone in a bar. We talked and I saw he had a tattoo peeking out from his arm. He wore this dress shirt so I didn’t see a lot so I asked him with stars im my eyes: Oh! You got a tattoo! Does it go all the way up cause that’s so hot!?  He didn’t so it got a bit awkward when he had to say it’s was only on his hand. 😂

Joturbo said:
What if any is your opinion on men with tattoos?Do you think they make men look sexier or more masculine or are they just a big turn off.Do you think they help or hinder men in the dating game? Have you dated a man with tatoos .Also  without googling what do you think tatoos signified in ancient times? Any other views or opinions would be great....and if ok male views equally welcome.

I don't have any specific thoughts or opinion on men with tattoos. To me, it's a form of art or expression one has for themselves. I don't think it determines their personality largely, I also don't think it determines if they're good or bad... despite what society thinks.

It can look sexy or appealing with the right art, right designs and right placements. It's just like art, or a masterpiece. If you lay it out well and the choice of designs, it can look awesome and can complement one's look very well. Sometimes it can be a turn off, personally to me, that is when it all gets too much or too messy. While I'm cool with tattoos on anyone, I'm more of a simple person.

I'm not sure how it affects the dating game, cos I don't dive into that area (dating) and I don't talk to people who date a lot. I would think it shouldn't affect much in this day and age, I think there are a lot more people with an open mind than back in the old days.

If you ask me, what it signifies in the ancient times, I feel that tattoos could have been used as symbols to either signify something one believes in, or it could be an identification of a certain tribe / group.

Personally, I think I've also said this before somewhere on here, I don't mind tattoos at all. Even if they're loud and messy and way too much on someone, I wouldn't judge them based on that. Maybe there's a story to tell from these tattoos, maybe not, just young lame decisions made that people get stuck with.... either way, behind all the ink, these guys are still human beings with a heart, just like how another person decides to wear all black long sleeved shirts and pants all the time. Would you judge that person for "covering" themselves with something they're comfortable in... like how you'd judge a person who decides to cover themselves with ink. To me that's the same theory... a person is a person, nonetheless... despite what materialistic items they have on themselves, be it permanent or not.

Excellent thanks Jessicat and Ladyforsaken. It's going to be interesting when we look into the history of tattoos.Its probably different according to tribes and different countrys etc but I imagine they could also signify achievements and status/hierachy in a community.

Also interesting to see how far back the first recorded tatoos and whether in some communities women had the same level of tatoos as men

Do you like the idea of having one done and just haven't committed to a design or for what ever reason not gone through with it?

Also does it effect your job opportunities because wouldn't know being self employed , do you hide them or does it not matter like me in the line of work your in...

I've actually toyed with the idea of getting a small tattoo before this, just something meaningful for me, nothing too flashy. But I'm so indecisive and picky on designs I don't think I can settle on one until I am strongly pulled by it.

It does make me wonder about how much more people with tattoos have to struggle with employment. I know some of them (if they can), they cover with long sleeved t-shirts or something. Other than that, not sure how challenging it can get for them. I don't have tattoos, and I'm already having a hard time finding another job lol.

Joturbo said:
Excellent thanks Jessicat and Ladyforsaken. It's going to be interesting when we look into the history of tattoos.Its probably different according to tribes and different countrys etc but I imagine they could also signify achievements and status/hierachy in a community.

Also interesting to see how far back the first recorded tatoos and whether in some communities women had the same level of tatoos as men

Do you like the idea of having one done and just haven't committed to a design or for what ever reason not gone through with it?

Also does it effect your job opportunities because wouldn't know being self employed , do you hide them or does it not matter like me in the line of work your in...

You should check out a show on Dicovery Channel.. I think it’s Discovery. It’s called Tattoo Hunter. This guy called Lars Krutak travels around the world looking into different tattoos, their history and origin. Then he attempts to get the honor of receiving one from the tribe he is visiting. I’ve seen that show several times, it’s fun to learn about different cultures.

[youtube]vNQlN0QS7EM[/youtube]

If I ever were to get a tattoo it has to be one that could cover a lot of scars that I have, and cause of that it has to be very big. 
Always envisioned this garden on my back, lots of different flowers, trees and birds that go up from my ass and to my shoulders, wines that creep to my front. Kind of like this overgrown feeling. That’s a big deal and a huge commitment so I’m not sure if I really want to or not. I think it’s the idea of making something beautiful out of something that I hate.

I'm starting to get really bad bags under my eyes. What would be the best thing I could use to get rid of them?

Black Manta said:
I'm starting to get really bad bags under my eyes. What would be the best thing I could use to get rid of them?

I would buy and eye cream. But, do some research and look at reviews and feedback so you get one that actually helps. A lot of the cheap stuff doesn’t help at all.
You got these under eye patches. I haven’t tried these but they will probably help too.

Black manta do you get enough sleep? I don't know your age but from experience smoking, alcohol consumption and lack of sleep all contribute to premature wrinkles. If it's age related I'd embrace it gracefully, and personally wouldn't do much other than eye cream/serum.

Black Manta said:

Tea bags can help, green has the best nutrients in it.  Sleep is a good one.  A better diet.  And worse case scenario, they have makeup that can help with that.

I vaguely remember people cutting up cucumbers to put on their eyes... Is that for eye bags?

Latest posts

Back