Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a question for the women as well; anyone willing to take a walk and have a drink tonight? ;-)

Seriously now, do you, as women still consciously, or unconsciously maybe, pick your partners according to the old "gatherer-provider-protector" trope, or is that a non-issue when it comes to feelings? Are you attracted to the "look at the muscles on him!" or the "he doesn't look like much, but what a great conversationalist!" type of guy? Is this a question you ask yourselves, or do you not refleçt much on it beyond "I like what I like"?
Speaking out of recent personnal experience, my daughter is dating(seems serious, over 6 months now) what looks to be Ted from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and while he's a nice kid, I've asked myself the question ( considering she once jokingly told me she'd have to find a boyfriend who could beat me up and we're pretty far from that lol). It makes me wonder on what attracts men and women together, from a female perspective ( I guess in this case it's "a most excellent idea, Ted!" ;-) )

Richard_39 said:
I have a question for the women as well; anyone willing to take a walk and have a drink tonight? ;-)

Seriously now, do you, as women still consciously, or unconsciously maybe, pick your partners according to the old "gatherer-provider-protector" trope, or is that a non-issue when it comes to feelings? Are you attracted to the "look at the muscles on him!" or the "he doesn't look like much, but what a great conversationalist!" type of guy? Is this a question you ask yourselves, or do you not refleçt much on it beyond "I like what I like"?
Speaking out of recent personnal experience, my daughter is dating(seems serious, over 6 months now) what looks to be Ted from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and while he's a nice kid, I've asked myself the question ( considering she once jokingly told me she'd have to find a boyfriend who could beat me up and we're pretty far from that lol). It makes me wonder on what attracts men and women together, from a female perspective ( I guess in this case it's "a most excellent idea, Ted!" ;-) )

I think that differs for every woman out there. The past and wishes for the future is going to shape what we pick. For me, more of the past than anything else. 
I don’t value looks as much as I do his personality but yeah ofc looks have some value. 
I think strength of character is immensely important for me. If a guy has that, he is way ahead of others. I’m not into guys that doesn’t stand for what he wants and believe in. I like him being smart as well.
Caveman? Hmm.. not really. I do like the traditional male/female roles. That doesn’t mean I like men that go around acting like they own everything and wants to fight at the slightest provocation. That’s a turn-off for sure. ❤️
I go after how I feel him. When I meet a guy, it's all about how we connect, how he resonates with my insides (not sure if I should cheese it out and say soul) and how we flow together regarding talking or physical connection. It's not about common interests for me.

Richard_39 said:

For me it comes down to the feelings. I’m not necessarily traditional, I like to think of myself as the hunter and the gatherer.  :)

If he loves me, he’ll protect me. I don’t need him to have muscles and money. Just love, respect, equality, an open mind, and a committed heart. 

Ted “Theodore” Logan is a sweetheart. Better sweet than sour.

Just Games said:
Saw a YouTube video on Ukranian women preferring Alpha males .

What's that all about?

I dunno... personalities in that part of the world all seem a bit over-the-top. 

Good place to start figuring out women in general is to look at their fathers.
But whether the Slavs are hardcore Fearless Leader types as reputed is
anybody's guess.

harper said:
Just Games said:

What's that all about?

I dunno... personalities in that part of the world all seem a bit over-the-top. 

Good place to start figuring out women in general is to look at their fathers.
But whether the Slavs are hardcore Fearless Leader types as reputed is
anybody's guess.
Harper Welcome to Questions for the ladies :p .You know by now I'm not the sharpest tool but forgive me if I 'm wrong.Are you saying that most women like to date or even marry men in the image of their fathers?Is it still like that in your experience in your part of town today?Is it like that everywhere as a rule?

In the video ,which I didn't fully watch got a bit dull, they were saying if you were from abroad and your looking to date in Ukraine and your not Alpha there was no hope , so Betas like you and me ;)   shouldn't' bother with a plane ticket basically...You wouldn't ask a Ukranian lady what resteraunt they would like to eat at , you would tell them what resteraunt your going to eat at.I'm thinking I like Ukraine but bit long in the tooth now unfortunately(don't let the Real Callie know I really didn't mean that , honest).

Who ever changed this I haven"t got long teeth...I'm still quite a fit geezer actually.....Just saying lol

Just Games said:
Harper Welcome to Questions for the ladies :p .You know by now I'm not the sharpest tool but forgive me if I 'm wrong.Are you saying that most women like to date or even marry men in the image of their fathers?Is it still like that in your experience in your part of town today?Is it like that everywhere as a rule?

In the video ,which I didn't fully watch got a bit dull, they were saying if you were from abroad and your looking to date in Ukraine and your not Alpha there was no hope , so Betas like you and me ;)   shouldn't' bother with a plane ticket basically...You wouldn't ask a Ukranian lady what resteraunt they would like to eat at , you would tell them what resteraunt your going to eat at.I'm thinking I like Ukraine but bit long in the tooth now unfortunately(don't let the Real Callie know I really didn't mean that , honest).

Who ever changed this I haven"t got long teeth...I'm still quite a fit geezer actually.....Just saying lol

Oops...!  Forgot the whole point of this 'Women...' thread for a minute, there.   :O -

When I hear talk about "alphas" I assume somebody's insecure.  It's like the 'short man' syndrome that tall guys don't even think about.  Normal people have no reason to impose a model like that on the world.  Secure grownups have no need for secret checklists and obstacle courses.  But I'm no psychologist, by any means... and that's putting it mildly.   :O)

And (not to lend any support to "alpha" theory) a large part of dominance in primate societies is derived from political alliances.  Stronger bonds would be built by discussing restaurant choice with a partner than by imposing one's will on her.  Resentments lead to eventual downfall... after which, she'll inevitably seek out another "alpha" to fill the void left by an absent/inattentive father.  It's a mug's game, but it seems to be pretty common.

harper said:
Just Games said:

Oops...!  Forgot the whole point of this 'Women...'  thread for a minute, there.   :O -

When I hear talk about "alphas" I assume somebody's insecure.  It's like the 'short man' syndrome that tall guys don't even think about.  Normal people have no reason to impose a model like that on the world.  Secure grownups have no need for secret checklists and obstacle courses.  But I'm no psychologist, by any means... and that's putting it mildly.   :O)

Most adult men are sufficiently masculine in their behaviour and outlook to not have to make conscious effort to try to be. Unfortunately many aren't and suffer in isolation as a result. It's the attempt to make sense of the situation that drives the alpha/beta worldview, which I agree is comical and overly reductive but not without some 'evo psych' foundation.

ardour said:
Most  adult men are sufficiently masculine in their behaviour and outlook to not have to make conscious effort to try to be. Unfortunately many aren't and suffer in isolation as a  result. It's the attempt to makes sense of the siutation that drives the alpha/beta worldview, which I agree is comical and overly reductive but not without some 'evo psych' foundation.

You make some good points, there. 

I wonder how much longer we'll be able to recognize such evolutionary phenomena without being denounced as politically incorrect heretics.

harper said:
ardour said:
Most  adult men are sufficiently masculine in their behaviour and outlook to not have to make conscious effort to try to be. Unfortunately many aren't and suffer in isolation as a  result. It's the attempt to makes sense of the siutation that drives the alpha/beta worldview, which I agree is comical and overly reductive but not without some 'evo psych' foundation.

I wonder how much longer we'll be able to recognize such evolutionary phenomena without being denounced as politically incorrect heretics.

Hypocrisy. 
I’ve been accused of setting the female fight back by having my own beliefs.
Some people just suck. And some just follow others that suck to seem less....sucky. 
Basically... it sucks. ❤️😘

Just Games said:

What's that all about?

Although Ukranian women might look too pretty I aware (everywhere) a bunch of gold or diamonds would not be enough. It's said, "detrás de cada hombre hay una gran mujer" but I've seen beautiful ladies are hard to be pleased and, perhaps, part of the lack of such contenment could be fue they're too popular and demanded. If all men were Mr. Universe, I think they will also seek an Alpha woman, same way Wonderful Woman is thought to be, but the truth probably lies in the middle of anything valuable (or key value) a person presently has. Richard Nixon has more girls/women before he was president of the US. I'd bet he has less fans before he was the Alpha leading USA.

MissBehave said:
harper said:
ardour said:

Hypocrisy. 
I’ve been accused of setting the female fight back by having my own beliefs.
Some people just suck. And some just follow others that suck to seem less....sucky. 
Basically... it sucks. ❤️😘

Haha, well put.  :D

What woman wouldn't want an "alpha"? A man who is mature, confident, strong and a good leader? I feel like those are universally attractive qualities. It's not just about having big muscles and being cocky, you know.

Fun fact: It just so happens that I am a Ukrainian woman 😜

harper said:
Just Games said:

Oops...!  Forgot the whole point of this 'Women...'  thread for a minute, there.   :O -

And (not to lend any support to "alpha" theory) a large part of dominance in primate societies is derived from political alliances.  Stronger bonds would be built by discussing restaurant choice with a partner than by imposing one's will on her.  Resentments lead to eventual downfall... after which, she'll inevitably seek out another "alpha" to fill the void left by an absent/inattentive father.  It's a mug's game, but it seems to be pretty common.
A true "alpha" would know how to impress her without having to ask for instructions ;)

SpiffyPanda said:
What woman wouldn't want an "alpha"? A man who is mature, confident, strong and a good leader? I feel like those are universally attractive qualities. It's not just about having big muscles and being cocky, you know.

Fun fact: It just so happens that I am a Ukrainian woman 😜

harper said:
Just Games said:

A true "alpha" would know how to impress her without having to ask for instructions ;)

Absolutely agreed, just some of us take that trip a little longer to achieve. From one panda to another : )

Before I take off once again in a few days I decided to come in here and ask this question because I figured if I get nasty responses it won't matter as much because I won't have to deal with them that much.

Ok, here goes absolutely nothing.

I am aware that women like to see a lot of confidence in a man, which by the way eliminates me from the equation right now. Anyway, they like to see a confident man and it attracts them and I really get that. I like a confident woman and if they are intelligent that makes a world of difference.

But do they ever realize that the less confident ones could actually be the ones that are worth it and could make them happier than some smooth-talking guy who knows what to say and how to say it at the right times? Let's face it there are some guys out there who know how to play the game very well and they do it for selfish reasons and not for meeting a nice woman. But he's confident and the guys who are like me who are on the outside looking in are left out again.

So that's what I am wondering. Do women ever consider this? My answer would be no.

I see no problem with less confident guys. So not all women want a guy with lots of confidence.

ahsatan said:
I see no problem with less confident guys. So not all women want a guy with lots of confidence.

Ok, well thank you for your honest reply and just to let you know this is not the first time I have heard this from someone but I have yet to see this actually happen. :(

Latest posts

Back