What are some of your opinions of cosmetic surgery to make body better?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrayAndLonesome

Reaction score
I am curious what some of your guys' experience or if you know of someone who "went under the knife" to have a procedure done to better his or her looks.

I have a friend who's a bit "overweight" and wants to get a liposuction procedure done.

My mother had treatment for varicose veins over 15 years ago, me and my sisters were born in a period just north of 3 years, she got the veins during my (the last) pregnancy and had them for 15 before going under the knife to have them removed. Also have a coworker with breast implants, personally I think they look rediculously big on her tiny frame, but she's told me it was a massive confidence boost.

So I guess it's worth it aslong as people do it because off personal reasons and not because off outside pressure, eventhough that will probably always be some part of it!

Does having moles removed count? My brother did that (no concern of cancer) and I have considered having mine removed.

I've also considered a few other things. There's a .05% chance I will ever actually do anything, though. And it wouldn't be for anyone but myself. I could give a honeysuckle less what others think of me, what matters, in that kind of situation, is what I think of me.

Why is he looking to go under the knife instead of opting for other fat loss options?
Cosmetic surgery will work but most likely not be a permanent solution to the underlying problem.

I think this is very common reason for breast implant is so that women are able to more confindental out of clothes .
Media and society makes people feel insecure about themselves by globally announcing what they believe beauty is.
But I think cosmetic surgery help people feel better about themselves ,it may also change the way people responds to us in a social setting.
It doesn't transform us into someone else.

Latest posts

Back