Is looking for a girl strictly for hooking up such a bad thing?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Restless soul

Reaction score
Typically when I post a question like this I already formed my own opinion on the subject. And ask to get others opinions, views. I personally don't think it's bad, very normal being a 38 year old male who is struggling to meet women for that purpose. Sometimes I wonder, are there women who want to just have fun and blow off some steam and hook up?

Again, I am sure there are. But since I can never meet that kind of woman. Well..I am left wondering..

Restless soul said:
Typically when I post a question like this I already formed my own opinion on the subject. And ask to get others opinions, views. I personally don't think it's bad, very normal being a 38 year old male who is struggling to meet women for that purpose. Sometimes I wonder, are there women who want to just have fun and blow off some steam and hook up?

Again, I am sure there are. But since I can never meet that kind of woman. Well..I am left wondering..

Objectively speaking, they do exist and I don't think it's a bad thing to look for them. Just make your intentions clear, so you don't end up with somebody who interprets whatever might happen between you and them as anything more (or worse) than a one-night-stand/hook-up, so there are no unforeseen consequences.

They exist. But I don't think they are all that willing to be muzzled long enough to not hurt someone's over thinking.

AmytheTemperamental said:
They exist. But I don't think they are all that willing to be muzzled long enough to not hurt someone's over thinking.

A ha, cute!! I am for the challenge, Amy!!

A crazy lady just approached me in starbucks acting like she knew
Me. Could you imagine my reaaction??

TheRealCallie said:
So because this lady thought she knew you, that makes her crazy?

No she literaly looked and was acting weird.

Add that to my list of woes. Only people who approach me are women off seem off mentally

TheRealCallie said:
Don't you think you're being a bit judgmental, res????

No. No..I always have my radar up. She was obviously a bit mentally off. You would agree if you saw. Natrually this freaked me out a bit due to everything that freaks me out I post here.  But I sort of went off topic of this thread since it happened shortly after i created it. So regarding this and the original topic. What are your thoughts?? Specifically on the topic?? You know I always like to hear what you have to say

TheRealCallie said:
I think there are some women who are whores and will screw anything with a penis.  So yeah, they are out there....

Ah...now that is judmental. Why label? This is where it always goes. What about the guy? Why is the girl labeled a whore for wanting to get out sexual tension? I am talking about two consenting adults who want to fool around. I don't think that makes a man a whore nor the woman. And why should it??

Wooow..ok? This is still open for dabate. Anyone can chime in.

Are men or women who are looking for a quick hookup. "Whores"?

Restless soul said:
Are men or women who are looking for a quick hookup. "Whores"?

I did not say those people were whores. I said there were women that would screw anything that moves and there are.  There are men like that too, but you asked about WOMEN, not men.

No. We can discuss men and women. The tittle, was pertaining to
(Me) a man asking about is it bad to look for a girl who is also looking for what I am asking about. And of course looking with a discriminating eye. So lets take " screw anything that moves out of the topic" to a good percentage of things that move

Yes, callie. To me whore, male or female, is someone who is
Constantly having promiscuous sex often. And even then would hate to use the word whore. But in this case it's someone who never has sex. Rare

I think you need to take money or another material good in exchange for the deed to be officially considered a whore, regardless of gender. So you are a slut at best (worst?). Oh, semantics...

Rodent said:
I think you need to take money or another material good in exchange for the deed to be officially considered a whore, regardless of gender. So you are a slut at best (worst?). Oh, semantics...

Rigghhhht!

Maybe those random girls that say you remind them of other people, are indeed only interested in hooking up. Can you stop thinking long enough to give them a shot?

AmytheTemperamental said:
Maybe those random girls that say you remind them of other people, are indeed only interested in hooking up. Can you stop thinking long enough to give them a shot?

What? It's never any girls that say that.  In the instance of today. Some girl, a bit odd looking. Odd acting. Asked me how arw you? Just started talking to me like she knew me.
She was special needs for sure. But...if an attractive girl made me paranoid by talking to me, or confusing me with someone? Would I think she wanted to hook up? No.
I am too negative and my.mind will wonder who she thinks I am. Is he good looking.  Does he get laid?  What do you want? I might say and become defensive which I usually get in those situations due to being very uncomfortable

Latest posts

Back