Did this make me look weak?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAnxiousPain

Reaction score
So my brothers and my sister who are all 5-13 years older than me, they have always been there to make me feel small and has caused a lot of pain, and low self esteem in my life. They are the reason I am so behind in life. So anyhow, yesterday we were leaving the hospital from seeing my sick great uncle. & In the elevator, my brothers, sisters, two cousins and my niece who is 9 years old.. they just started breaking me down, and telling me how no man will ever love me, and tell me how I never had a boyfriend and I'm about to be 25, and I'm not ugly, not fat, not slow or anything (but even if I was, those things should not give anyone a reason to mistreat anyone, cause in my eyes no one is ugly, and I mean that). If a guy ever look at me or like me, they make sure to ruin it someway, and they tell me that it will never work and that I'm too damaged (so basically they are admitting to damaging me?)... and my niece started saying things that embarrassed me and etc. And my brother's girlfriend and a few other relatives were in the elevator, and I just sat there and didn't say nothing. I usually would cry, or I might give in. But this time, I sat there and smirked and acted unbothered, and its like it made my brother more angry. SO I just walked out of the elevator and everybody was trying to be nice, but I just kept walking to my uber as if nothing was bothering me. When I pulled up to my mom's house (where I live) my neighbor was outside and I already think and feel she thinks I'm slow and probably speak really ill of me, cause I'm about to be 25 and still live with my mom, although I'm moving soon. But still, I feel like a child and feel bad for myself.

But anyhow, did not saying anything make it seem like everything my brother said was right, and everyone in that elevator look at me like I'm weak? My brother gets in my head and make me feel like he know everything about me, and that there's nothing I can do to escape him or something.

TheAnxiousPain said:
But anyhow, did not saying anything make it seem like everything my brother said was right, and everyone in that elevator look at me like I'm weak?

No, exactly the opposite, actually.  They only do that to you because they know they have power over you.  You said when you didn't let it appear to bother you, it made your brother angrier.  Because he was pissed that he didn't make you cry.  Keep doing that until you leave that place.

Latest posts

Back