How often do you shed a tear thinking about yourself or longing for something?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guest128062

Reaction score
Hey!

Thought it would be somewhat interesting to see how people fare.
Got the idea to ask since it's one of those times.
I suppose an honest answer to my own question would be once a month to soothe your interest.

It happens to me occasionally. Usually it happens when i fear that i'll never get any better and that the only chances i'll get in dating is to settle or just be single forever. I would say this is the most common reason it happens. Some days, I just don't see how it could go any other way. It makes me sad because I feel like I failed that part of life, and no matter how well I do in the rest, I worry that I'll never know what it feels like to be with someone that I actually want, if I ever become good enough to date anyone at all.

I have at times when I would get depressed feeling like the best times of my life have long passed me by and that I already failed at life and that my current situation is how the rest of my life will be.

I don't shed a tear over things much anymore, guess I'm all cried out on those things unless something really negative happens that knocks me down. Longing for things, I do that a lot, probably on a regular basis.

Unfortunately, I don't cry unless something really awful happens like when my mother was ill and we nearly lost her, but regarding my alone state, I usually just get pissed off quite a bit which is a destructive feeling a lot more than simple sadness.

In my younger days I used to drink that feeling off, but nowadays I have a serious job so I can't really do that so on occasions I just say fresia it and try to move on, not so easy though.

I didn't used to cry much at all, it was very rare for me to cry about anything. Now however it seems like the simplest of things make me break down, and so it seems like it's at least once a day lately. I guess I'm just so broken that thinking about most things make me cry. :(

Depends. Sometimes I go through periods where it's every night, but other times it's months. Been a few weeks since I last did.

niceguysfinishlast said:
I have at times when I would get depressed feeling like the best times of my life have long passed me by and that I already failed at life and that my current situation is how the rest of my life will be.
I feel this way too a lot of the time.  I find it hard to build up much ambition or motivation, because most of the time I also feel like I already failed - I either messed up my chances, let them pass me by, or never was going to make it in the first place.  I wish I could disprove this feeling, but it's something I really struggle with.

When I am at the point I don't believe something I want too, or was told is going to happen. Have had several broken promises in my life, and I am mostly numb to it now, but if I truly want it, it hurts.

not to the point that I want to cry. But it happens everyday especially late at night when I'm trying to fall asleep

Latest posts

Back