Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Naleena said:
I guess I am the only female asking you guys questions...lol That's cool :) So, do you agree with the following? It comes from a book where men answered what they meant by saying these things. Here ya go, Fellas :)

1. I already have plans but, maybe we can catch up late tonight
Translation: To have a booty call

2. I have to get up early tomorrow
Translation: I want you out of my bed as soon as possible, preferably tonight.

3. I just got out of a serious relationship.
Translation: I am sleeping around with as many women as possible.

4. I'm hungry
Translation: I'm hungry

5. I'm not ready for or looking for a realtionship right now, but we can hang out.
Translation: I don't ever want to be your boyfriend but, I will sleep with you.

Thanks for your replies!

Yes, however the bigger problem is that you would be with a man who spews such lines.

romie said:
This is very funny, i could have a ball with questions lol

Right...so...

Where do all the intelligent and decent men (such as yourselves) actually hang out, how could a girl meet you? you certainly aint in pubs and clubs, learnt that i long time ago

Why will you make eye contact, give a little smile, then leave the location in haste without a 'hi' ?

why do you say you'll call at a specific time and never stick to it, usually leaving it at least 45 mins later, does it ake you feel good to know we've been waiting?

what should a girl wear to 'meet for a drink' for the first time?

Please note i'm not accusing any of you of this lol, but you must all have a mate who does, I await your eloquent replys x

#1 We are busy hiding from the world in our bunkers, please see your army manual's section on room clearing, tunnel fighting and urban guerrilla tactics for ways to figure out how to flush us from our rabbit holes and hovels.

#2 We are mortified of you, this also helps explain why we hide in our underground havens and secluded retreats.

#3 Because we are simple creatures who get easily distracted. If we even bother to call at all you should consider yourself very lucky, we probably had to resist things like peeing contests, watching competitive sports, and eating things made of meat to even remember to get back to you. A pat on the back would be appreciated at least.

#4 To be socially acceptable, clothes. This is up for debate from males though, who often times would prefer no clothes.

Unacceptance said:
romie said:

Right...so...

Where do all the intelligent and decent men (such as yourselves) actually hang out, how could a girl meet you? you certainly aint in pubs and clubs, learnt that i long time ago

Why will you make eye contact, give a little smile, then leave the location in haste without a 'hi' ?

why do you say you'll call at a specific time and never stick to it, usually leaving it at least 45 mins later, does it ake you feel good to know we've been waiting?

Please note i'm not accusing any of you of this lol, but you must all have a mate who does, I await your eloquent replys x

#1 We are busy hiding from the world in our bunkers, please see your army manual's section on room clearing, tunnel fighting and urban guerrilla tactics for ways to figure out how to flush us from our rabbit holes and hovels.

#2 We are mortified of you, this also helps explain why we hide in our underground havens and secluded retreats.

#3 Because we are simple creatures who get easily distracted. If we even bother to call at all you should consider yourself very lucky, we probably had to resist things like peeing contests, watching competitive sports, and eating things made of meat to even remember to get back to you. A pat on the back would be appreciated at least.

#4 To be socially acceptable, clothes. This is up for debate from males though, who often times would prefer no clothes.

OMGROFLMAOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Meh, at least he's honest, lol. :p

:club:

Unacceptance said:
romie said:

Right...so...

True, True, Pretty much sums it up:p

romie said:

Buried deep.

romie said:

Just embarrassed that i was caught looking at you.

romie said:

Beats me, have never done that.

romie said:

Whatever you are comfortable with. What you wear has more importance to you.

romie said:
I await your eloquent replys

Sorry to disappoint with a lack of eloquence.

Disclaimer: I do not presume to speak for guys in general

"Basically, there are three ways the skunk and I are a lot alike. The first is, we both like to spread our 'stink' around. The second is we both get hit by cars a lot. The third is stripes."

I thought of another question for you guys:)

How do you break up with someone?

If someone were going to break up with you, how would you want them to do it? Phone, in person, etc?

Naleena said:
I thought of another question for you guys:)

If someone were going to break up with you, how would you want them to do it? Phone, in person, etc?

thats difficult for me to answer, ive never had to do that before.
Im not sure how to, I hate hurting other peoples feelings.

I guess even though id hate to I would do it in person becuase I feel that would be the most polite, and I guess I would want someoen to do the same for me.

Maybe if I was completely wasted at the time it wouldnt be so bad, id just smile and run around the room hugging people telling them how much I love them. (wine kinda drunk)

That's trickey questions Nal.
You know you had break up sex before.
I prefer sex in person, not over the phone.....I guess that would be in person for me.

Lonesome Crow said:
I prefer sex in person, not over the phone.....I guess that would be in person for me.

What abut break up phone sex?

Unacceptance said:
Lonesome Crow said:

Sounds anticlimactic.

Naleena said:

You don't need to bother with that. You just go start your new life. If you receive any objections over the new boy toy that you pick up, you just say "I'm taking the kids to Chuck E Cheese this afternoon. You can be packed and gone by the time i get back".

Antihero said:
Unacceptance said:
Lonesome Crow said:

Sounds anticlimactic.

"Oo baby what are you going to do to me?"

"I'm going to take my belongings and put them in a briefcase and head out the door."

"Huh?"

"Peace. *click*"

romie said:

Right...so...

Romie asked some good questions so thought I'd throw in my two cents. I'm speaking here for myself and my group of close buddies... we've discussed these things ourselves actually... but I don't presume to speak for all men... just the awesome ones :)

We do hang out in pubs & clubs. And we want to talk to you. But by the time we arrive, three jerks have already tried to chat you up. So when we approach, you assume we're just like those guys... and honestly, we don't blame you. You should be cautious. You don't want to deal with a jerk and we don't want to be perceived as jerks. So we don't say anything and we both end up leaving with our honor intact, wondering "what if..."

Why do we make eye contact, smile and then leave? We make eye contact because you're pretty; we smile because you totally caught us looking and we're embarrassed, and we leave without talking because, well... see the previous paragraph. :)

As far as the phone call goes, this is our own foible. We want to call. But we're nervous and there's a chance you've given us the "pity number" and are hoping we won't actually call. Sounds really insecure, I know, but it's happened. Several times. It sucks. So we avoid the issue. Our bad, entirely.

And as far as dress goes... we like you (we've been willing to brave the previous three pitfalls haven't we?) We want to see if we like you even more (and if you like us). So rock your own style, whatever makes you feel comfortable and confident.

So ultimately we could streamline the process if being an jerk was illegal and ideally punishable by death. Or at least wearing a big red 'J' on your chest, a la "The Scarlet Letter." Eliminate them from step one and it's all good. Barring that, though, I got nothing :)

Hope you're all well!
Logos

Naleena said:

In my experience, men are more likely to accept a rational arguement than an emotional one. For instance

"I haven't had a proper conversation with you for ages, and all you seem to care about is your stupid (whatever). I'm sick of this, I've warned you before, this time, I'm leaving"

rather than

"I just don't feel the same way anymore. I don't know what to say, it's probably hard for you to understand, but something's changed. I think I need some time for myself"

If you're the one breaking up (and I'm talking long term relationship now), you're kind of responsible for how the other person is forever going to think of that relationship. Even if you were going to go for the second 'speech', I think you'd make it a lot easier on the guy if you found something (anything) to make it sound more rational.

Thanks Logo, very informative, that's more like imagine is actually happening
Especially the first bit re jerks chatting me up

Plus it may not help that i'm generally with a big group of blokes lol

romie said:
Plus it may not help that i'm generally with a big group of blokes lol

Yeah, I have to admit, I'm a pretty confident guy most of the time but there's simply no way I'm walking into a group of dudes and starting a conversation with the one lady they're hanging with. That sounds like an invitation to "take it outside" and that's just not how I roll... :D

Latest posts

Back