Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheRealCallie said:
Here you go, us ladies have to stick together. Shall we go into the bathroom, so we don't have to share with the kids (and Cavey)? 

Chocolate-Pizza_17289.jpg

I totally want that. All of it.

Don't think its clingy at all. Some might call it taking the initiative. Perhaps if she is a little too persistent you could call that clingy?

wallflower79 said:
At what point does a woman contacting you seem clingy?

Depends on the guy, I'm not one that usually takes the initiative because I'm too insecure, but contacting someone isn't clingy I would say. Clingy comes after a relationship has formed, not at first contact :)

MisterLonely said:
wallflower79 said:

Depends on the guy, I'm not one that usually takes the initiative because I'm too insecure, but contacting someone isn't clingy I would say. Clingy comes after a relationship has formed, not at first contact :)

I know, but I meant how often does the woman contacting you or responding to you start to come off as desperate or clingy?

wallflower79 said:
MisterLonely said:
wallflower79 said:

I know, but I meant how often does the woman contacting you or responding to you start to come off as desperate or clingy?

Depends a lot on how the girl asks or talks to me rather than how regularly.

For example there's a girl that clearly fancies me but is so creepy about it that we'll never go on a date. Literally every time I see her she starts messaging me asking if I want to get a drink. Every time. Even if we've barely spoken for ages and we've only talked for like 2 minutes.

On the other hand girls playing games with text responses and stuff is just a bit irritating, I'd rather someone just text me if they want to talk. If I'm just starting out thinking of dating someone it's annoying if she only responds every other day or two days or something and I'll normally give up.

I usually welcome a response to my text within a few hours or so, maybe a day if she's super busy. But again, if a girl's constantly messaging me with inane stuff like "How R U?" every single day that can grate for the opposite reason.

TheSolitaryMan said:
Depends a lot on how the girl asks or talks to me rather than how regularly.

For example there's a girl that clearly fancies me but is so creepy about it that we'll never go on a date. Literally every time I see her she starts messaging me asking if I want to get a drink. Every time. Even if we've barely spoken for ages and we've only talked for like 2 minutes.

On the other hand girls playing games with text responses and stuff is just a bit irritating, I'd rather someone just text me if they want to talk. If I'm just starting out thinking of dating someone it's annoying if she only responds every other day or two days or something and I'll normally give up.

I usually welcome a response to my text within a few hours or so, maybe a day if she's super busy. But again, if a girl's constantly messaging me with inane stuff like "How R U?" every single day that can grate for the opposite reason.

I agree with your first sentence, but the examples you gave were a bit off... Doesn't sound like a girl saying she wants to get drinks or go on a date with you is creepy, maybe it's unwanted because you're not attracted and that's something you should tell her, dont you think? Are you saying that you don't like girls showing you they're interested? What's wrong with girls asking you how you are everyday? Maybe they care to know how you're feeling...

I'm truly just trying to understand what's up.

wallflower79 said:
MisterLonely said:
wallflower79 said:

Honestly I never pay it much attention, maybe it's partially because I've never had many women messaging me, but I don't think it's desperate or clingy at all, it can be hard to respond when at work or simply busy with random jobs in and around the house, but that just means I'll respond a bit late.

It's definitely not a bad thing if a few hours pass before a response at times, but if you're in the middle of a conversation and suddenly one party drops out with an explanation it usually irritates me more than so called "clingy" behavior. Although that ofcourse also isn't always avoidable!

What you have to remember is that if someone doesn't want to deal with you, they will not respond, and if they do, you're not being percieved as desperate and/or clingy or this person might be ok with that.

Now to answer the question, a person (not just women) would become clingy in my book when messages keep coming eventhough I'm not willing or in the position to answer. When multiple messages are left to tell me or ask me something, or to describe a situation, I don't think of it as clingy.

Why do men have a tendency not introduce their girlfriend to the family when she goes with him to family events? Its like you are expecting the girl to introduce herself or something. Guys, what's up with that?!

Positivevibes102 said:
Why do men have a tendency not introduce their girlfriend to the family when she goes with him to family events? Its like you are expecting the girl to introduce herself or something. Guys, what's up with that?!

Every woman should remember that not all men are entirely the same (even if it sometimes seems that way). Well, speaking from a personal view, if I really loved my girlfriend and was in a serious relationship with her I would surely want to introduce her to my family. On the other hand, if I didn't like her a lot and was just "using her" (I'm speaking hypothetically, of course. I have never "used" a woman in a dishonorable manner, and I hope I never do), I would also not feel so encouraged to introduce her to my family, as the relationship might most likely just be temporary.

Positivevibes102 said:

Yeah wat? 

I don't think this is a tendency that men have. I think you had a few one off experiences. It's definitely not a thing.

But I forgot to say, if you bring someone to an event it's only common courtesy that you introduce them, even if you are hesitant.

If the lady in your life always made everything easy, would you even try to do even the simplest thing for yourself? I suppose this isn't a general question, because I know some people, regardless of gender, do for themselves no matter what. I'm like that myself. But I'd just like some thoughts on if you would, and why you would if you thought it was better.

VanillaCreme said:
If the lady in your life always made everything easy, would you even try to do even the simplest thing for yourself? I suppose this isn't a general question, because I know some people, regardless of gender, do for themselves no matter what. I'm like that myself. But I'd just like some thoughts on if you would, and why you would if you thought it was better.

She would probably get annoyed at me being so grateful and thankful for making everything easy. :)

Id make sure to reciprocate as well. I always really appreciate when others do things for me that they didn't have to.

VanillaCreme said:

I would appreciate someone doing that for me, but I would still try to do even the most simplest thing for myself, as I have always been a person with an independent mentality, and I feel uncomfortable when others do me favors, so I always try to do everything myself (with as less help from others as possible). I also don't like to treat women (or anyone else) like servants. Of course, that is just me. I've known of some men who would just love to take advantage of their partners by having them do everything for them. Some men (some women as well) are just lazy and complacent.

To be fair, if this happened to me about something I really didn't like (mostly the dishes or dusting) I'd prolly let the partner continue - BUT - I would do something else, say, vacuum the floor. Not that I really like that either, but to not be a turdy leech. Alternatively, if everything was done, I could fix some other kind of favour. A massage, some gift, something to show the person I was grateful.

I'd just feel bad and "unworthy" for not contributing or "giving back".

I wonder whether there is any specific reason for a man (though womens reasons are of course welcome as well) to ask someone to send a picture. Not in any weird way, just a "normal" picture. If you people would, why? I don't think there's any malicious intent to steal my identity or anything, just... curious.

Meaw said:
I wonder whether there is any specific reason for a man (though womens reasons are of course welcome as well) to ask someone to send a picture. Not in any weird way, just a "normal" picture. If you people would, why? I don't think there's any malicious intent to steal my identity or anything, just... curious.

I've asked people to send pictures before.  It wasn't in a weird way either, at least not a way I consider weird.  I asked them for a picture because in some cases I didn't know what they really looked like and they were people I had been talking to for a while and I wanted to get a more clear picture of them.  And I like to have pictures of people who have meant something to me so I can look back on them later and remember.

Meaw said:

Two possible reasons for me:

1. I'm already attracted to them.

2. I don't know what they look like and want to find out.

Latest posts

Back