Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same reason woman do - either curiosity about what they look like or, if it's about dating, to see if you're attracted to them. For the later, you would hope you wouldn't have to ask though.

I wouldn't know, I seldom do. Exception being after talking with someone for a long time on the interwebz, you want to know what they look like. I'm good at visualising people, having a face to match on what I think is happening on the other side of the screen helps.
I'd much rather meet people in person, though. Alas, considering distances, it's seldom possible.

Thanks for the answers then, people ^_^ To ones after this comment, do feel free to answer as well. I suppose I'll attribute it to the same reason I asked here - curiosity :)

I do have a question for guys myself; how do you turn it off?
I've often been criticized that I never stop thinking and that I can't "turn my brain off".
So...how do you turn off?

Richard_39 said:
I've often been criticized that I never stop thinking and that I can't "turn my brain off".

not sure i am qualified to answer this, but i just listen to music. really really really loudly. and drown it out. as much as i can. 
and some other things.... but those are not anything i'd wish on anyone but me.

Yeah, music doesn't quite do it for me ;-) I used to be a big fan, but I rarely have time to listen anymore and whenever I do, it reminds me of the mindset I had at the gym, which was music=tear honeysuckle up lol. It primes me more than turns me off.
Exscept classical music, that makes me want to proceed with World Domination.
Yeah no, I quit drugs and alcohol a long time ago, not keen on starting again :)
Any other tricks?

Richard_39 said:

I have a hard time turning my brain off too.  Some things that I do to help with that are either go for a walk/bike ride, read or watch something, get into a video game (haven't done that for a while though), or do something that requires my whole attention.  Hanging out with people also helps to distract me from my thoughts too.  And lastly, though it may not be the best answer, drinking.  It may not be helpful but it is honest.  I find that my brain gets into a mellower, less frantic state after about 3-4 beers.  At that point, I'm not drunk, just leveled out.

Richard_39 said:

By doing something that takes a great deal of concentration or focus.  Also playing an online game that involves interaction with other players.  Of course then that takes on a whole new set of thoughts like, are they going to think I'm a honeysuckle player, am I the weakest, am I holding up my end of the team?  LOL :D

TheSkaFish said:
Richard_39 said:

I have a hard time turning my brain off too.  Some things that I do to help with that are either go for a walk/bike ride, read or watch something, get into a video game (haven't done that for a while though), or do something that requires my whole attention.  Hanging out with people also helps to distract me from my thoughts too.  And lastly, though it may not be the best answer, drinking.  It may not be helpful but it is honest.  I find that my brain gets into a mellower, less frantic state after about 3-4 beers.  At that point, I'm not drunk, just leveled out.

LOL That last one is the only one I'm not willing to try. A long, long time ago I used to have a problem with that. There's a few months of my life that, to this day, remain rather foggy. That's just to say I remember any of it lol. I have a beer maybe once every week or two now, but back when I used to train and was trying to get bigger, I had about 6 a day. It ended up being a problem. So I'm not going down that road again, especially considering everything going on in my life right now lol.
I'll try the rest though, I'm already biking a lot these days, I'll try to work out more intensely in the evenings.

I haven't gotten far with the "stop thinking" subject, but what helps me is to constantly stay active. Constantly have something to do to occupy brain. Works okay with the ADHD too. Sure, sometimes that gets too much too, but not that often. Then one breaks down a little while, and after that one gets back to the constant activeness.
I'd think twice before recommending it though. It doesn't fit most people. Most people are better at chilling.

Richard_39 said:

[video=youtube]

Email Al Roker...apparently, he knows the trick.

beautiful loser said:
Richard_39 said:

[youtube]SDYJ3CbgZog[/youtube]

Email Al Roker...apparently, he knows the trick.

Fixed it for you.

A Question for the men. What is the thinking behind sending women they don't know dick pics? Also never said one word either....just a pic.

Seriously are they just showing off? Or do they think, I will want to immeadiately have sex with them because I have seen a pic of their penis?

^You would have to ask the men who send them. It might be disturbingly common but it's still well outside normal behaviour.

At a guess I'd say it's more a deliberate attempt to shock, similar to flashing.

I'm with ardour. Attempt to shock? Could definitely be the case, although a rather questionable display of boldness. You'd have to ask if you really want to know. Of course you'd still not get the full picture if you merely asked one individual. But I do not think it is a common behavior either and I always presumed the group of people who are doing this is still comparatively small, but they do use a scattershot approach with at least some success, so it hasn't died out.

PS: I have jokingly stated to someone that these people might have more success if they would send a picture of their bulging wallet instead of their...well, bulge. But for all we know they could be lacking exactly in that regard and their parts is all they have going for themselves.

Could be some form of exhibitionism for them. Or maybe its someone you already know sending it anonymously to get off on the idea that you've seen them. Hard to say.

I also dont think its that common.

kamya said:

I'm not so sure about that....

Sometimes it might even be someone you know that does it. I've seen / noticed it happen before.

Not that I wanted it, but still, you think 'OMG, never thought [person] would do that'.

Lowlander said:
kamya said:

I'm not so sure about that....

Sometimes it might even be someone you know that does it. I've seen / noticed it happen before.

Not that I wanted it, but still, you think 'OMG, never thought [person] would do that'.

Kek.

Difference is in some cases is whether or not the other person asked for it mhmm.  :p

Latest posts

Back