Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walk away, walk away...or fight another day.

You pick your game, but you don't pick the rules.

Richard_39 said:
Why is everyone posting this?

Because they don't think you should look at patterns and consistencies to help you understand why things happen the way they do and what you should do about it if you don't like it. They think that it's all coincidence and you should just leave it up to dumb luck.

TheSkaFish said:
Richard_39 said:

Because they don't think you should look at patterns and consistencies to help you understand why things happen the way they do and what you should do about it if you don't like it.  They think that it's all coincidence and you should just leave it up to dumb luck.

No, because you have no idea about any of it.  You want this fictional creature that likely doesn't exist . You want this perfect job that, at the rate you are going, you are likely never going to get and you refuse to do anything else.  It's unrealistic and you are setting yourself up for failure.  
Despite everything almost everyone tells you, you continue to blame everyone and rarely, if ever put any of it on yourself.  Seriously, you have been saying the same things since you came here and people, new and old, friends and foes, have been telling you the same things over and over again. It's like you are afraid to try anything else.

TheRealCallie said:
TheSkaFish said:
Richard_39 said:

Because they don't think you should look at patterns and consistencies to help you understand why things happen the way they do and what you should do about it if you don't like it.  They think that it's all coincidence and you should just leave it up to dumb luck.

No, because you have no idea about any of it.  You want this fictional creature that likely doesn't exist . You want this perfect job that, at the rate you are going, you are likely never going to get and you refuse to do anything else.  It's unrealistic and you are setting yourself up for failure.  
Despite everything almost everyone tells you, you continue to blame everyone and rarely, if ever put any of it on yourself.  Seriously, you have been saying the same things since you came here and people, new and old, friends and foes, have been telling you the same things over and over again. It's like you are afraid to try anything else.

You sound like one of the people that would laugh at Garret.

If only Garrett would spend more time alienating people on Discord then he'd have reached Nirvana by now.

Paraiyar said:
If only Garrett would spend more time alienating people on Discord then he'd have reached Nirvana by now.

He would still get condescending, pathetic messages because of it.

TheSkaFish said:
That's true.  She does seem a lot like your standard "basic girl", which isn't someone I'd want to hang out with either.

That's so rude. You remember that the next time someone doesn't want to date you.

VanillaCreme said:
TheSkaFish said:
That's true.  She does seem a lot like your standard "basic girl", which isn't someone I'd want to hang out with either.

That's so rude. You remember that the next time someone doesn't want to date you.

"Basic girl" is a type.  A sort of subculture.  Usually a very exclusive one at that.  There can be "basic guys" as well.

I'm saying that they aren't someone I'd want to hang out with because we'd likely have little interests, tastes, values, thoughts, etc in common and probably wouldn't have much to talk about or have a good time together and couldn't really show each other anything the other would be interested in. I'm just saying they aren't my type.  People like this don't want to talk to me either, for the same reasons.

They get to dismiss me without even getting to know me because they don't owe me anything, but if that is true, then it should be the same the other way around.

Bucks lock horns.

Peacocks strut their feathers.

From time immemorial, males have to impress females to get in the panties.

Might as well be mad at Mother Nature.

I thought she was nice to him and he got a hug out of it... He seemed happy with the results. I didn't think they were laughing AT him in the video, though. It seemed like excited/nervous giggling (it's not everyday somebody "serenades" another person with a dance), and it wasn't like he's a bad dancer...

TheRealCallie said:
I wouldn't say he failed.  It may not have gone the way he wanted it to, but he didn't fail.

I think he did great, he obviously has talent for it, his goal was to impress he and make her fall in love with him though, so even though he will have leaned a lot from this and shown that at 13 or whatever he already has more confidence and nerve than I have today, technically he still failed at his objective :p

kaetic said:
I thought she was nice to him and he got a hug out of it... He seemed happy with the results. I didn't think they were laughing AT him in the video, though. It seemed like excited/nervous giggling (it's not everyday somebody "serenades" another person with a dance), and it wasn't like he's a bad dancer...

I don't think anyone was laughing at him, but that hug... If I ever get a hug like that I'll break off all contact, that is the way you hug a leper :|

"I went to a job interview. I didn't get the job but the manager gave me a strong handshake. I did great"

Latest posts

Back