Feeling more vulnerable than usual

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Restless soul

Reaction score
Not sure why. I think it's because I briefly felt like I had someone I can spend time with periodically throughout the week. And now they seen to have been kinda brushing me off. And having someone to talk to knowing you can meet has helped I think in the department of feeling totally insecure at all times. 

I am wondering is suddenly feeling this vulnerable and insecure a true symptom of lonliness.  Sure I been that way all along. But once again, just when I thought I have overcome the strongest affects they seem to be right back.

And what do I mean by vulnerable?

Easier irritated. Mentally weak. Feel more susceptible to getting into confrontation.

Cue callie in 3....2.....1.

So, I should just like, get over it, right??

Oh, and hi there. Nice to see you today, cal

I will quote the smiths here. " try living in the real world instead of a shell but I was bored before I even began, I was bored before I even began" i think that is the correct lyrics

Is it wrong to keep in touch or stupid lets say with a woman you met a few times. Didn't date. You think she is cool, but you seem to only text and when you become the one doing all the initiating? Is that just stupid to keep in touch?

After you initiate, do the conversations feel wholesome, or forced? If it's the first, then yes, I'd say it's ok. If it feels forced, I'd probably drop it.

AmytheTemperamental said:
After you initiate, do the conversations feel wholesome, or forced? If it's the first, then yes, I'd say it's ok. If it feels forced, I'd probably drop it.

That's a good point. And that is the problem with being, a natrually insecure over-sensitve person. And when you are not seeing someone after a period. And they are blowing you off....it always seems to be a bit forced at that point. 
But. I recovered once when I felt like I was being blown off, ignored, or the new cool word the young kids use for being ignored " ghosted " so i do try and its real hard in my state of being to always keep postive. Two sides. One side of me is saying" this person could careless if you were alive or dead. And the other is saying..they are atually busy....

TheRealCallie said:
I don't think people are "naturally" insecure and oversensitive. You made yourself that way. Find out why and change it.

This is totally true ,it's upon us to how we are feeling about anything .we made ourselves like that.

Ok -- i think being lonley all the time exacerbates and brings to surface insecurities. Having no support network. Companion. Etc..

You can argue. And say what doesn't kill me makes me stronger
Yea and no. Depends on person...

Lying there and letting life walk all over you doesn't do you any good either. Perhaps if you weren't so **** focused on every **** thing negative and every **** thing you think might be a symptom of some illness, you'd get somewhere.

But yeah, fine, it depends on the person. It depends on YOU to decide how your life is going to be. If you want it to continue the same as it is now, keep doing the same honeysuckle over and over again. If you want it to be different, try doing something different.

Restless soul said:
Ok -- i think being lonley all the time exacerbates and brings to surface insecurities. Having no support network. Companion. Etc..

You can argue. And say what doesn't kill me makes me stronger
Yea and no. Depends on person...

TheRealCallie said:
Lying there and letting life walk all over you doesn't do you any good either. Perhaps if you weren't so **** focused on every **** thing negative and every **** thing you think might be a symptom of some illness, you'd get somewhere.

But yeah, fine, it depends on the person. It depends on YOU to decide how your life is going to be. If you want it to continue the same as it is now, keep doing the same honeysuckle over and over again. If you want it to be different, try doing something different.

I was thinking just like that few years before ,a friend of mine said if I want to live like that then nobody can change that ,if I don't want , then I must do something to change my thoughts and life.

Latest posts

Back