End of line

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FallenKing

Reaction score
I'm here because I wish to ask all of you what happens when you come to that point where all you can think about is your upcoming death?  Isn't Death, after all, the only true certainty in life? 

What do you do when everything becomes...  'insulsus' - tasteless?  What happens, or rather what should happen when there's no joy left in living?  Especially when one doesn't have the balls to end it properly, as oneself should in such case.

FK

Interesting post. I wonder why you are having such dark thoughts?
What brought it on. No you don't need balls to end it. Doesn't have to be the end.

Our lives are meaningless. We are born, we agitate ourselves; flailing about, believing we matters in other people's lives... It's Plato's Cavern in truth... Shadows against a wall... illusions. Nobody is real!

I believe the opposite, actually; whether you believe in life after death or not, the reality is that we're given a very short window to exist, with a very infinite amount of time to not exist before and after. Unfortunately, many of us experience hardships and the dark, mind-fog known as depression, so we miss out on the meaning of life: to exist and experience pleasure while it is our time.

I believe that it is our responsibility to experience as many moments of joy as possible before we expire, because so many people are born in a situation in which they can't. You WON'T get another chance to see the sights, to listen to music that makes your heart flutter, to eat exquisite foods. You only get a decade to do it all.

Now, from the sound of it, you're experiencing the aforementioned fog of depression that is preventing you from enjoying your time on the S.S. Earth Cruise. Expressing these thoughts to a psychiatrist or psychologist is the best thing that you can do for yourself, because there ARE solutions to how you are feeling.

How very arrogant of you...

It shouldn't bother me so much considering that Humanity is nothing but a gigantic house of conceited cards, ready to fall apart.  And yet it does.  You seem to believe you can escape what is coming for all of us.  Annihilation is coming and you will not escape it- no matter how many 'happy thoughts' you harbor close to yourself; no matter how many gods you pray to - you will be swallowed too!

Do you know what I want above everything?  To see our despicable species wiped out.  If I could, I would like noting better than to walk the fields of this world littered with the bones of our accursed race.

Since wishes do no translate into reality I shall just have to wait for my own extinction.  With this one caveat - I'll see you on the other side and rejoice as you burn :)

Hi everyone,
This guy telling the truth ,but Fallen King don't get me wrong ,Everyone in this earth have their own point of view.everyone have their own thoughts.
Maybe you're different.

TheRealCallie said:
If your life is meaningless, why not make your own meaning?  Find something that will make it not so meaningless.

Also, I agree with Hoarse.

Melodrama about rejoicing as we burn aside, this second part is the message that surprised me. ;)

Hoarse Whisperer said:
TheRealCallie said:
If your life is meaningless, why not make your own meaning?  Find something that will make it not so meaningless.

Also, I agree with Hoarse.

Melodrama about rejoicing as we burn aside, this second part is the message that surprised me. ;)

Surely I have agreed with you before :club:

FallenKing said:
How very arrogant of you...

It shouldn't bother me so much considering that Humanity is nothing but a gigantic house of conceited cards, ready to fall apart.  And yet it does.  You seem to believe you can escape what is coming for all of us.  Annihilation is coming and you will not escape it- no matter how many 'happy thoughts' you harbor close to yourself; no matter how many gods you pray to - you will be swallowed too!

Do you know what I want above everything?  To see our despicable species wiped out.  If I could, I would like noting better than to walk the fields of this world littered with the bones of our accursed race.

Dude, no offense, but you're kind of a bummer.  All this "You all deserve to die!" stuff is a bit boring and over-dramatic.  Maybe you should read some X-Men comics (Magneto gives some excellent "Humanity Sucks" speeches), watch a Batman movie or two, then come back and try again.  

Also, Plato was a asshat, and his writings are the ravings of...well, an asshat.  And ugh....I hate that stupid cave allegory.  But since you brought it up, the point of the allegory is that a person's reality is often based on their limited perception, and the only way to gain true knowledge is through philosophical debate.   

I'll skip my personal commentary on the whole thing, since I doubt you care anyway.  But I'd like to point out that you can't gain true knowledge through philosophy or discussion if you're, y'know, dead.  You started this thread with a question, and I'm sure that somewhere deep down you'd like a discussion.  Why not skip all of the subtle suicide talk and sooooo-over-the-top-not-subtle-at-all-people-are-shitty-and deserve-to-die talk, calm down a bit, open your heart and mind, and have the discussion you were originally hoping for?  I'm sure there are one or two people here who can relate to whatever it is you're going through, if you stop wishing for their death long enough for them to tell you.

Or keep raving like Lex Luthor's less talented cousin.  Whatever floats your boat. 

Also Part Two:  I know you said you want the total annihilation of the human race more than anything, but would you settle for some ice cream? Sometimes you have to take a step back from the deep, doomy depression and enjoy the little things in life. I'm still a little bummed out by this thread, so Imma gettin' ice cream. I hope you'll join me.

Okay, bye.

Locke: Or keep raving like Lex Luthor's less talented cousin.  Whatever floats your boat.

I like that.

FallenKing said:
I'm here because I wish to ask all of you what happens when you come to that point where all you can think about is your upcoming death?  Isn't Death, after all, the only true certainty in life? 

What do you do when everything becomes...  'insulsus' - tasteless?  What happens, or rather what should happen when there's no joy left in living?  Especially when one doesn't have the balls to end it properly, as oneself should in such case.

FK

What happends is you continue to carry around you burdens about the state of humanity whilst depriving yourself of the one thing most people want more than anything: LOVE!

It's up to you to find that joy; ask yourself what you want from life, then go & get it!

Locke said:
...keep raving like Lex Luthor's less talented cousin.

Ok,  I'll admit I laughed here...

...I know you said you want the total annihilation of the human race more than anything, but would you settle for some ice cream?

And here I laughed harder.  You are a certified ******* Locke.  I hope you know that...  *shakes head*

But yes... I crave a conversation... and not with some know-it-all imbecile.

FK

Well...would you be willing to participate in a conversation that sways you from your stated axioms of "Our lives are meaningless" and "We are despicable species" or does any interaction have to happen on these fixed terms? Which would only lead to what is commonly referred to as a circlejerk - the most depressing kind on top of it.

FallenKing said:
Our lives are meaningless.  We are born, we agitate ourselves; flailing about, believing we matters in other people's lives...  It's Plato's Cavern in truth... Shadows against a wall... illusions.  Nobody is real!

"Everything is meaningless"

I just read Ecclesiastes. Anyone else read this?

You can disagree with me if you want it will not hurt my feelings but...... Life is what we make out of it. If we believe that it is meaningless then it is but If we create a meaning for it then life has meaning. Its that simple lol. But I will agree with you on one thing. The only thing that is certain about life is that we are all going to die. But it is what we do while we are breathing that matters.

You can keep your " Life is meaningless mentality " all your life OR you can enjoy life to the max and try your best to feel all the emotions us humans are blessed with in life before death comes knocking at your door.

FallenKing said:
...I know you said you want the total annihilation of the human race more than anything, but would you settle for some ice cream?

And here I laughed harder.  You are a certified ******* Locke.  I hope you know that...  *shakes head*

But yes... I crave a conversation... and not with some know-it-all imbecile.

FK

I know I am, lol.  I figured you'd be better off angry at me rather than depressed or numb. 

But an actual conversation would be nice....unless you were calling me a imbecile and don't want me to post anymore.  Too bad though.  You're not my real dad, you can't tell me what to do!  

I don't think that a conversation should completely sway from "all humanz must die!"; I'd rather it sway a bit more from "life is what you make of it", honestly.  And not just because you can go buy a fortune cookie if you want to read platitudes. You're either pissed off or sad enough (or both) so that some part of you feels like people are crappy, and talking about why and venting rather than basically saying that you need to try harder might be more helpful to all of us. (No offense to anyone who posted a "life can be great!" comment)

Life (in my know-it-all ******* opinion) is somewhere between "people suck" and "what you make of it".  Its chaos that we do our best to control.  Sometimes truly good people suffer, while evil people succeed.  Most of us try to do the best with what we have.  And those of us who have less (for whatever reason) just try to keep the world from turning us into monsters.

Latest posts

Back