Why is this honeysuckle repeating again and again?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owmygod

Reaction score
Hello again.
I want to ask a few questions , and maybe some ideas of what im doing wrong or where am i missing something would be useful.
Last year , i try to meet new people both online and in real person eye-to eye.
Then , with some of them we used to chat around but not for long. They tend to have better social life , and more friends than me (not that im comparing them with me) but it is what it is. I'm keeping in connection with a few people , but i think i need a change because im frustrated with this failing circle repeating again and again! For example - i start to try meeting people in facebook , sometimes it worked , especially when it was summer and people are even more open to new people , getting to know each other and etc... We used to have good chats , sometimes not.
For me it's hard to talk to new people , because i'm not of that type that tries to befriend almost everyone they like. Well sometimes it works if we both have same tastes of music , same interests and same humour , but in other case - it's just pointless to try to talk to people who don't appreciate what you try to do and etc... Kind of annoying but that's how it is. Why some people who don't even know you just reject you without any reason? They don't know what i like , what i do , what i want to achieve ... I dont know about this.

The problem is i dont have so many friends like some of these people. If i want to make 'group meet' with people in real life , i don't think this will work out for me , for the stupid reason that i dont have a circle like that , and i really want to have!
Let's see , in work place it's kind of easier , because you are forced to talk to people whether youre shy or not, but when its not in work but in real life , it's becoming awkward and because of this shyness i don't do anything at all or i talk a few minutes then i think i would be saying something to turn people off or i don't know. I don't want to impress everybody , it's just that it doesn't work as i want to sometimes. And that's ok. But when you get to the point when you ask yourself ''Why is this happening , how to stop it , people can't just cut me off like that!! I deserve better" , but i really wanted to have a friend or two , that could help me get new ones and then things would be better!!
But when you're alone , it's not that easy!! Few years ago when i was still in school it was way way easier and now it's different , or at least for me. I tend to be introverted sometimes , other times i want to talk and talk and have fun but it works sometimes , other times not....
Im very good looking , from what i think of myself and other people - they don't think that , and by the way theyre looking at me , i know they want to get to know me. But it can't be just in work , there should be also places for people to meet new friends - but where and how?

I used to have higher self-esteem last year , but after summer ended it's not the same.........
But enough for that. So far this year , i haven't met new friends.. And from the things that are right now , i think the only way to have friends again as i used to it maybe is to share with some trusted people in work that can help me a little , or talk to old friends that i havent heard from soon. Few days ago i talked to one of my best friends and he seems interested , but he's from time to time , i cant always talk with the same people without meeting new. Hopefully this year is gonna be different , i need a change and i have to change in order to get where i want to be.

Thank you for your time

Only thing I can think of is that most acquaintanceships (which is what many new or casual friendships really are) don't turn into actual friendships that last. It's common to meet someone but not know each other very long or very well. Even social butterflies I used to know seemed to have different people around them every year or two, and only a handful of people who stayed with them throughout high school or college.

That said, it doesn't make it any easier for people who aren't good at meeting large numbers of people and having many casual friendships to begin with.

One thing that I have noticed that meeting more people and making more friends happens more quickly when you already have friends. I have moved a lot and I've noticed that it becomes easier when you make your first few friends (or rather acquaintances). When you're alone and it's just you, it is hard, because some people don't want to befriend someone who seems friendless (which is sad). I think that trying to keep up with friendships or acquaintances that you already have can help. One of my problems is I don't really know how often that should be. After I see someone I don't know how soon or later I should contact them, or wait for them to contact me, or what.

I think that once you start to make a few friends, more will come.

Yeah , that's true it's kind of ridiculous for people who don't even bother to know more about you think of you as "loser who don't have even one friend'' , even tho it's not quite true. Maybe i should work on making a few friendships (1-2-3 for start) , and then when people see that probably it's gonna be different(i hope).

You know what other is sad? It's sad that few years ago it was very different 2011 , 2012 , 2013 , 2014 even 2015 i was going to the point when i was very close several times to being so close to becoming popular , but it didn't happen , because i didn't believe enough that it would happen. I never really cared about being 'the guy that the whole town , school' or 'everyone knows' , it's somehow not where i want to be.
But even so , i think from what i've learned in the past years i should use those lessons and knowledge + advices from people here in the forum that are helpful , and then things are gonna get in place.

Thank you for your replies , i appreciate them so much!

Latest posts

Back